Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: M. Schumacher donates $10 million dolllars to tsunamis victims!

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    It's not just how much money is raised that's important guys, but how it's distributed and used. Anyone know who is gonna be in charge of that?

Very very important Taz.

Me and my dad were just talking about the tsunamis' donations and he was telling me that one of the companies that he worked for in Venezuela had a big foundation and business meetings were made all the time to define how the money should be distributed... If done wrong then the money won't last for a long time.

Funny that it happened a couple of minutes before I read your post

i think $AUD500million of what we're giving is non interest loans or something over 40 years to everyone affected
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    still, i mean......we just went to a frikkin war because people were being oppressed......we sacrificed lives for that, but 350 mil isnt worth anything even close to what we poring into iraq.
    colin powell asked the leader of one of the polonesian countries (sorry, i forgot which one, ill try to post it later) "how much do you need?" and thats how much we gave, and then some
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    It's not just how much money is raised that's important guys, but how it's distributed and used. Anyone know who is gonna be in charge of that?
    thats right

oh. ok.......still.....i think we coulda given a bit more......does make sense tho.....
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    oh. ok.......still.....i think we coulda given a bit more......does make sense tho.....
    well you have to keep in mind, thats the formal country's amount, tghe people of the u.s. have given TONS of money as well, so its much higher than that figure

His a good man Schumacher he has plenty and is very happy to give to help i like that.
    And it's good to see the hole world come together and help shows there is some respect and love out there in the world still
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

yeah thats a huge amount, and its good to see someone who makes $20 million a year volunteering

Are you really happy that he gave 10 millions?

It so easy for him to do that... He is so loaded that it is not a problem for him
    to distribute his fortune.

I gave 1000.00$. And when you earn only 20.000$/year, it's an other business because I dont have a lot of money for my living, it's a financial sacrifice... but him, he is so loaded, it's insane, minus 10 millions in his bank account wont change his life!

So he is not better than any other ordinary people...
    The worse is that you guys see him as a very good boy, a celebrity!
    But he can afford that celebrity so easy with all the money he has!
    Last edited by vantage-v8; 01-06-2005 at 05:39 PM.

that is great of you to give that much on a tight budget. but he did give 10 million, which is half of his slary. when you get into the million, i grant you, it is quite different, because i dont think hell suffer too badly on only 10 mill for the year, plus endorsments and such. it is a good point you bring up. should we praise the super rich for giving money when it doesnt really affect him? yes. it is still a great thing to do. he still made a difference in a lot of peoples lives. when you look around at other rich people and see that they arent giving nearly this much, it is a great deed. at my school, aside from collecting 900 dollars on the first day of having collection baskets out, an anonomous donor has agreed to match what the school raises up to 5000 dollars. 5000 dollars is not a ton of money for people in our town, but i would still say its a great thing to do. you cant undermine what people give. whether you give 10 bucks at lunch or 10 million dollars it is a great act.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

I understand your point of view but I feel sad that in our world, lot of people will se him (or other well known actors like this woman... I dont remind her name...) as a god or something like that.

And he could give a whole year of his salary wont still affect his life! But I will never be able to do that (give half of my salary), or I will be on the street, begging for a quarter... but not him!

If he decide to do a REAL financial sacrifice, I will revise my opinion...

During this time, we're talking (and wasting) about the rich people, not about the people in desperate needs...

if he doesn't want to lower his standard of living, which he worked for, i can't blame him. so he donated a huge amount without compromising his standard of living, its still a huge amount of money.

and i see what you are saying. it is unfortunate that people who give a lot, but not an amount that means something to them. get all the attention whereas someone in your position who gave a comparatively small amount but made a sacrifice to help those in need are paid no attention to. i think its great that you gave that money and i think its just as good that he gave that much. you bring up the point that we are wasting time tlaking about the celebrities. id like to point out that thats exactly what you are doing and, i know it wasnt out of malice, but at this time we shouldnt argue over who gave what and how much. everyone should give what they feel comfortable giving. for some its 10 million dollars, for others, its 1000 dollars. if you give moeny your did a good thing, a lot or a little. id also like to say that it wasnt a meaningless thing for him, to give 10 million dollars. 10 million dollars more passed down could ensure another generation of his family that doesnt have to worry about how they are going to pay their bills.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by vantage-v8
    Are you really happy that he gave 10 millions?

It so easy for him to do that... He is so loaded that it is not a problem for him
    to distribute his fortune.

I gave 1000.00$. And when you earn only 20.000$/year, it's an other business because I dont have a lot of money for my living, it's a financial sacrifice... but him, he is so loaded, it's insane, minus 10 millions in his bank account wont change his life!

So he is not better than any other ordinary people...
    The worse is that you guys see him as a very good boy, a celebrity!
    But he can afford that celebrity so easy with all the money he has!
    your right, and thats a good point, but at half his salary, thats like you giving $10,000

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    if he doesn't want to lower his standard of living, which he worked for, i can't blame him. so he donated a huge amount without compromising his standard of living, its still a huge amount of money.
    I think it is an easy and fun job for this (completely insane) amount of money!

Thread Information