Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Important: User Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    'pimping' brings capitalism in and it's nasty side could lead to the future when folks could become mercenary and ONLY willing to post if they get rep for it. THAT WOULD BE HORRIBLE>

I think it's best that rep is for QUALITY and that a simple "thanks" and "hello" is for all the rest
    Yeah that's true!
    " I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

i have one question about members who can give more than one rep. When you are in the process of giving rep, do you either give the rep all at once, or rep them twice in a row(or however many times you can give rep), or does it list the number of rep's you want to give to that person?

I'll soon find out as i am approaching 1000 posts, but why not ask now
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    i have one question about members who can give more than one rep. When you are in the process of giving rep, do you either give the rep all at once, or rep them twice in a row(or however many times you can give rep), or does it list the number of rep's you want to give to that person?

I'll soon find out as i am approaching 1000 posts, but why not ask now
    At the moment, ter is NO control over the rep.

I give out +4 rep all the time.
    I've suggested that we shoudl be allowed to give out lower rep as I feel I want to give some rep but some things deserve 1 and others deserve 4. We'll see if it changes. As it is I tend to 'add up" rep and then give it when I think someone's deserving of the +4.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

so are you saying that you have to give 4 rep, you cant give 3 or 2 or 1 rep????

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    so are you saying that you have to give 4 rep, you cant give 3 or 2 or 1 rep????
    For now, yes !!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

weird, i think it should be changed so you can give the exact number of rep you want to give, cause some stuff is worth 1 rep and others maybe 4

Personally I think rep should be given or taken away in 1 point increments only, regardless of post count or rep rating. Case in point, at this time werty you have under a 1000 posts and I have just over 1000 posts, should that make my opinion of a quality post worth twice as much as your opinion? I don't think so.

I'd also like to add that rep should be given when a post has useful info or is a quality post in general, even if the information is not 100% correct, but the member posting it had put obvious effort into it, as sometimes information (for example) is perceived one way but not necessarily correctly.
    Reward those who try.

Quote Originally Posted by NoOne
    Personally I think rep should be given or taken away in 1 point increments only, regardless of post count or rep rating. Case in point, at this time werty you have under a 1000 posts and I have just over 1000 posts, should that make my opinion of a quality post worth twice as much as your opinion? I don't think so.

Heres something to get you thinking. Statistically my opinion is worhth 6x that of werty and 3x of yours. And Matra was worried about having to give out +4
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Statistically my opinion is worhth 6x that of werty and 3x of yours. And Matra was worried about having to give out +4
    My point exactly, if someone has earned the 20 points (well actually 10 more than the 10 "good faith" points a member starts with) then their opinion should have the same weight as mine, yours and everyone else. IMHO.

No offense to you, Matra, Egg Nog and everyone else who is "qualified" to give multiple rep points for their opinion on someone's post.

well it would be alot of weight off my shoulders if either everyones opinion was only worth 1 point or there was some variability in the ratings
    I am the Stig

I have made a couple of changes to the rating system:

Minimum post count to rate: 100
    Minimum reputation to rate: 25
    Reputation power:
    Default reputation power: 1
    For every 5000 posts: 1
    For every 100 reputation points: 1
    For every membership year: 1

This brings fpv's rating number down to 3 and Matra's to 2.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

an ever lasting can of worms.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

But it brings mine down to 1 I feel sad..

Wouter, what made you feel you had to change it?

Quote Originally Posted by UK CARS
    Wouter, what made you feel you had to change it?
    Don't expect a quick answer he is busy putting the Stage 1 tuning kit on the mini.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information