Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to Modeling

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Yeah, small volume production can suck.
    I'm presuming it was a resin ?
    Some of the resin models I've built over the years I think I'd have been easier starting from scratch than trying to reshape the parts to fit
    when you say the small volume production sucks what are the good companies for models. i am asking cuz i wanna start one
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Quote Originally Posted by manik_890
    when you say the small volume production sucks what are the good companies for models. i am asking cuz i wanna start one
    You can immediately recognise small volume production models from their price, which is mostly twice or trice as high as a decent plastic main stream model. If you really want to start buy some cheap Revell or AMT kits (depending on the subject) and start experimenting with those. Normally they are so cheap that you don't need to be too afraid to spoil them. Having done a few of those, go over to Tamiya, which are more expensive, but after having done the Revells you will appreciate how good they are.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Yep, tamiya are consistenttly better.
    There are occasional great ones from others but you're "safer" with tamiya.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

It's probably best to expirement with Tamiya until you know what you're doing, then buy other, less prolific brands. Some of my best models are by companies I'd never heard of before.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    It's probably best to expirement with Tamiya until you know what you're doing, then buy other, less prolific brands. Some of my best models are by companies I'd never heard of before.
    If money is not a problem, yes, may but Tamiya kits are about twice as expensive as the ordinary Revell or AMT kits and you may get frustrated as a beginner to have spoiled such an epxensive kit.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information