Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Alfa Romeo Brera (Progetto 946) 2005-2010

Quote Originally Posted by lfb666
    Brera #22
    I believe that last pic is a repost of post #35, pic 3.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Wow,it looks amazing in black.

24/09/2008

Alfa Romeo Brera TI

The Paris show hosts the world premiθre of the sporting TI specification of the Alfa Brera that is due to go on sale in autumn 2008. This version is distinguished by the TI logo applied to the front wings and will initially be available with2.2 JTS (Manual and Selespeed) and 3.2 V6engines and later also with other engines.

TI stands for Turismo Internazionale, an acronym that Alfa Romeo used to assign only to its best-equipped cars with the most sophisticated engineering. Such cars were derived from standard production models but, as a result of experience built up on racetracks throughout the world, were customised with mechanical and styling changes to create thoroughbred sports cars that could still be driven on ordinary roads.

The Alfa Romeo engineers adjusted the tuning of the suspension system to emphasise the car's renowned attributes of sportiness and handling still further: the springs and dampers are even stiffer, designed specially to ensure an effective grip by the 19-inch tyres, while the shape of the brand new alloy rims, inspired by the 8C Competizione, has been developed for maximum weight containment and efficient cooling of the braking system. The latter features large brake discs and Brembo red one-piece front callipers with a radial attachment. These top-quality engineering attributes mean full expression of Alfa Romeo driving satisfaction, with its time-honoured qualities of agility, precise steering and safety under all conditions.

Inside, the TI weds the sporty spirit of an Alfa Romeo with the class and elegance that is expected of an Italian product. A carefully-crafted finish and material quality was the brief of the Alfa Romeo Style Centre when developing the interior environment. The high-containment anatomical seats are trimmed with soft leather and finished with top-stitching and a metal plate bearing the TI logo. The dashboard central console and the steering wheel panel are in dark brushed aluminium or carbon fibre, as an option. The anatomical steering wheel grip and gear knob are in perforated leather. The interior environment can be made even more exclusive by adopting a leather dashboard, a sophisticated option created with hand-crafted diligence.
    For maximum driving satisfaction, the instruments can also come with sporty graphics, with white lighting, while the pedal unit and foot rest are in aluminium with a special non-slip treatment.

The version on show in Paris is equipped with a lively 185 bhp 2.2 JTS engine (an up-to-date power unit made entirely of aluminium and equipped with direct fuel injection) combined with a Selespeed sequential gearbox. It also offers a long equipment list that includes a dual zone climate control system and VDC stability system with optional extras such as a radio navigation system, xenon headlights, sky window, adjustable door mirrors with memory, luggage retaining net and sensor pack.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

My 2008

Reviving the thread also to say that the new model, with the 1.8 liter good for 200 bhp, and now weighting 1.430 kg (kerb weight) is on sale here in Italy for 29.800 euro.
    Beat that.

and call this advertising/propaganda if you like .

Italian brochure here (2.8 mb): http://www.alfaromeo.it/NEWALFA_ITAL...talogo_ITA.pdf
    Attached Images Attached Images
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Beat that.
    Genesis Coupe 3.8L - 28k(?) USD. 300hp.

Ford Mustang GT.

SRT8 Challenger.

370Z.

430 hp Camaro for under 30k USD.

Cobalt SS.

Etc.

Eurocarfail / Eurocarpricefail.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post

Ford Mustang GT.

SRT8 Challenger.

370Z.

Cobalt SS.

Etc.

All of these are irrelevant to us except the Datsun. And that starts at 43.000€.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post

Ford Mustang GT.

SRT8 Challenger.

370Z.

Cobalt SS.

Etc.

If are really going to compare this to a Cobalt, I'm not the one failing.
    Of course we have cheaper cars good for 200 bhp, but not of this class (it's a sort of 3-Series crossed with a Z4) and quality.

1430kg!! damn
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    1430kg!! damn
    Well at least the new engine has made it 15kg lighter. It's not much, but it's better than nothing.

Altough this car had a weight problem from the start...
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well at least the new engine has made it 15kg lighter. It's not much, but it's better than nothing.

Altough this car had a weight problem from the start...
    at the moment it's as light as an Audi A5 (211 bhp, 1.420 kg) and a BMW 325Ci (218 bhp, 1.495 kg), which are about 7.000 € more expensive, so...
    update after update, they solved the problem.

EDIT:full comparison
    - Alfa Brera 1750 TBi, starts from 30.000 €, weights 1.430 kg, has 200 bhp
    - Audi A5 2.0 TFI, starts from 37.000 €, weights 1.420 kg, has 180 bhp
    - Audi A5 2.0 TFI, starts from 41.000 €, weights 1.420 kg, has 211 bhp
    - BMW 125i Coupe starts from 34.000 €, weights 1.480 kg, has 218 bhp
    - BMW 325Ci starts from 41,000 €, weights 1.495 kg, has 218 bhp

Brera's flooding is expected all over Italy.
    Last edited by LeonOfTheDead; 04-06-2009 at 03:57 AM.

at the moment it's as light as an Audi A5 (211 bhp, 1.420 kg) and a BMW 325Ci (218 bhp, 1.495 kg), which are about 7.000 € more expensive, so...
    update after update, they solved the problem.

EDIT:full comparison
    - Alfa Brera 1750 TBi, starts from 30.000 €, weights 1.430 kg, has 200 bhp
    - Audi A5 2.0 TFI, starts from 37.000 €, weights 1.420 kg, has 180 bhp
    - Audi A5 2.0 TFI, starts from 41.000 €, weights 1.420 kg, has 211 bhp
    - BMW 125i Coupe starts from 34.000 €, weights 1.480 kg, has 218 bhp
    - BMW 325Ci starts from 41,000 €, weights 1.495 kg, has 218 bhp

Brera's flooding is expected all over Italy.
    A5s and 3er Coupes are also a lot bigger than the Brera.

And by the way I was wrong with my figures, the new base Brera is 90kg lighter than the old one. It isn't quite as light as an SLK though.

The main problem with the Brera is that while it is really a 159 Coupe, it looks like a proper sportscar. And that kind of confused people. It'd have been better if it had been built to look as a 159 Coupe.
    Visca Catalunya!

All of these are irrelevant to us except the Datsun. And that starts at 43.000€.
    Not here thankfully.

If are really going to compare this to a Cobalt, I'm not the one failing.
    I got carried away - I was going for performance cars in general.

A5s and 3er Coupes are also a lot bigger than the Brera.

And by the way I was wrong with my figures, the new base Brera is 90kg lighter than the old one. It isn't quite as light as an SLK though.

The main problem with the Brera is that while it is really a 159 Coupe, it looks like a proper sportscar. And that kind of confused people. It'd have been better if it had been built to look as a 159 Coupe.
    A5 is 24 cm longer, while the BMW is just 17 cm longer. Boot comes to mind.

I think the car is quite light at the moment being a 159 Coupe, the thing is, as you said, for its look people compare it to other cars:

- Z4 (50 kg heavier in the "23", 203 bhp, trim while 18 cm shorter, starts from 39.500 €),
    - TT (150 kg lighter, 24 cm shorter, 2.0 TFI 200 bhp, starts from 36.000 €),
    - SLK (40 kg lighter, 30 cm shorter, 200K, with 180 bhp, starts from 41.000 €).

Only the TT seems to be better considering the weight and by a fair margin, but 6.000 € (with similar equipments, I checked) are something to seriously consider.

The problem is they (and let's be honest, we) were expecting budget Ferrari and ended up getting a fast Fiat. No wonder there are so many disappointments and so little sales. The new 4 cylinder turbocharged engine is definitely a step in the right direction and improves the Brera's, already competent, figures and behaviour. But at this point I'd probably better for Alfa Romeo to start over with a new car, sales wise.
    Visca Catalunya!

The problem is they (and let's be honest, we) were expecting budget Ferrari and ended up getting a fast Fiat.
    Sorry Ferrer, anyone expecting a budget Ferrari from this model is a complete and utter fool. Speaking of baby Ferraris and fast Fiats, a certain Fiat Dino springs to mind...
    ...No wonder there are so many disappointments and so little sales...
    As far as I can see, the one and only reason to buy Brera is because it is an object of art. How many nutters are out there willing to buy a car just beacause of that? Apparently Kidty, for example, doesn't belong to that list...

I honestly can not see any objectively valid reason to buy Brera. It doesn't excel in engineering department. Or in handling department. Nor does it offer "bang for buck" or spacious and comfortable interior. Also, Alfa badge doesn't carry any prestige for average man, etc, etc.

Yet for me, Brera is one of the most desirable cars out there. I think it is fair to say that if you truly like cars, you will truly love the Brera.

Thread Information