41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Porsche Carrera GT

33 80.49%
  • WRX

8 19.51%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Porsche Carrera GT vs WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    isnt a CGT lighter than a WRX... meaning it's easier to 'push'? (Unless I'm being an arse and you're talking about 'pushing it to its limits'..
    im not so sure its lighter but what im saying its easier to control the car (impreza or wutever) because the cgt wasnt designed with potholes, sewer lids, and speed bumps in mind, driving it even mildly fast on a public road where there can be many bumps would be alot harder to control then when done in an impreza or something

obviously on a race track like suzuka or silverstone the cgt would be way faster, there's no denying that

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    im not so sure its lighter but what im saying its easier to control the car (impreza or wutever) because the cgt wasnt designed with potholes, sewer lids, and speed bumps in mind, driving it even mildly fast on a public road where there can be many bumps would be alot harder to control then when done in an impreza or something

obviously on a race track like suzuka or silverstone the cgt would be way faster, there's no denying that
    oh, I didn't understand what you were getting at. I think the CGT is 250 pounds lighter, but that's not really the case right now, I understand your point.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    well, to my experiance, AWD actually slows acceleration.
    and germany is twisty roads
    thats so wrong on so many levels

awd has superior acceleration compared to rwd or fwd

its just an awd drivetrain has more frictional losses compared to the other 2 and would mean less torque delivered to the wheels, but the gains it has through cornering and off the line acceleration easily make up for that

i see it this way, you get what you pay for, overall i would expect the carrera to be a better car, which it is, but it comes at a cost(in the wallet). the CGT outperforms the WRX in every way. on a wet, hilly, curvy road, no, i woulnt drive the CGT to all it could be(which i wouldnt the WRX either), thats not because its fragile, like some of you are pointing out. a CGT will take a pothole as well as a WRX, might be a little roughter dew to stiffer suspension, but it wont go hurling out of control.
    pondering things

uh dude in the wet or on a curvy road the wrx would most likely outperform the cgt

in the wet its obvious the wrx has advantage due to awd and fat tyres WILL hydroplane

and on a curvy road corner after corner even the best driver would have hard time keeping up with each one, all while keeping the back end in check, and from articles and videos ive seen the cgt gets skittish when driven hard, and its not hard to understand with that much torque under the hatch, it doesnt nearly get as much downforce as a race car and even if it did on a normal road the aero kit would be nearly useless

as for the pothole thing, at speed the verticle acceleration will transfer to the opposite side of the car, partly due to the fact the suspension being that hard

this is one of the reasons why i think a wrx or evo would be faster in real life, they have ROAD suspension, a cgt has basically soft racing suspension, going even mildly fast would take more control then full throttle on a race track

im gonna quit here, i think the CGT is the better car. given the right circumstances, the WRX could out-perform the CGT, but i still lean Porsche
    pondering things

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    im gonna quit here, i think the CGT is the better car. given the right circumstances, the WRX could out-perform the CGT, but i still lean Porsche
    yeah, the porsche is more technical, in conditions where variables can be measured and optimised the porsche would be the faster, but in real life we dont have control of everything and id prefer the wrx most of the time

if i had that porsche id be afraid to park it newhere

i voted wrx just for laughs.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by luvTHEspeed
    which do you prefer?
    welcome to UCP
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    GT is the one I'd rather be given - so I can sell it for a berserk amount of money. But the WRX is the one I'd rather actually have.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Thread Information