Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Porsche 997 Turbo

I saw a 997 Turbo driving along the highway in Vancouver in a convoy (with a bunch of 997 Carreras and new Boxsters/Boxster Coupes). Unfortuntely, it was mostly camoflagued. It was quite a sight to behold though, probably 12 cars total!

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    I saw a 997 Turbo driving along the highway in Vancouver in a convoy (with a bunch of 997 Carreras and new Boxsters/Boxster Coupes). Unfortuntely, it was mostly camoflagued. It was quite a sight to behold though, probably 12 cars total!
    huh? you mean u saw a 997 turbo on the sreets, driving around in vancuver, in winter of all times of the year, in a convoy, this is a car that hasnt been realeased yet, but still there it was driving along the highway in canada.

i respect you egg nog, really i do. your credibillity is very high in my book. However, it sounds to me like a very big load of crap. i mean, i would really need some evidence of this.

maybe it was just a 997 with a body kit or something... maybe you had a very quick peek but it seems very unlikely u saw what you say u saw.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo
    huh? you mean u saw a 997 turbo on the sreets, driving around in vancuver, in winter of all times of the year, in a convoy, this is a car that hasnt been realeased yet, but still there it was driving along the highway in canada.

i respect you egg nog, really i do. your credibillity is very high in my book. However, it sounds to me like a very big load of crap. i mean, i would really need some evidence of this.

maybe it was just a 997 with a body kit or something... maybe you had a very quick peek but it seems very unlikely u saw what you say u saw.
    Err, they do a lot of tests during winter time in Canada or other "cold" countries. Or the other way around in really hot countries. Seeing a camouflaged car isn't that special you know.

It's VERY possible that he saw a new Turbo.

And I still don't know what you find "humorous" about my previous posts.

Months ago I saw the new Jag XK driving about and I've also seen the facelifted Range Rovers.

They have to test cars on the road, and they don't have their own private country to test in, so they are forced to use public roads.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Months ago I saw the new Jag XK driving about and I've also seen the facelifted Range Rovers.

They have to test cars on the road, and they don't have their own private country to test in, so they are forced to use public roads.
    But you live in the UK, Jags and Land rovers are produced over there. Porsche wouldnt not be tested in Canada. And if they wanted Winter condition driving they would not go to Vancouver.
    ~~~~~Porsche~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by carrera_gtcrazy
    But you live in the UK, Jags and Land rovers are produced over there. Porsche wouldnt not be tested in Canada. And if they wanted Winter condition driving they would not go to Vancouver.
    What you see makes no sense.

Because you work for Porsche and know this...

So what of the much publicised Aston Martin V8. Sweden and Dubai aren't in the UK, so by your logic evo, autocar and all the other magazines made it up?

TVR have been doing hot weather testing in Death Valley - they aren't even sold in that continent, so obviously they wouldn't test there?

There could be any number of reasons why they are there. Just because you or I don't know them doesn't prove anything.
    Jaguar aren't going to be doing much cold weather or heat testing in

FWIW: "wouldn't not be tested in Canada" = "would be tested in Canada"
    Thanks for all the fish

i think what he was trying to say is that if they wanted winter condiations, vancuver was not really the place to go. you see, Vnacouver is between the rockies and the Pacific, this creates a sort of miniclimate. they have mild winters compared to the rest of canada.

besides, i only reason i thought it was hard to believe because the car is still pretty secret. and the vancouver area is pretty populated. so if they are testing the car on road , even camouflaged, spy shots are bound to have surfaced. now i havent, or anyone else i know else for that matter, seen any.

if there are some pleaaaaaaaaaaaaze show me i cant wait to see this car.
    GO HABS GO!

They drive around in populated areas to get the attention of the press as well so they can start speculating...

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Because you work for Porsche and know this...

So what of the much publicised Aston Martin V8. Sweden and Dubai aren't in the UK, so by your logic evo, autocar and all the other magazines made it up?

TVR have been doing hot weather testing in Death Valley - they aren't even sold in that continent, so obviously they wouldn't test there?

There could be any number of reasons why they are there. Just because you or I don't know them doesn't prove anything.
    Jaguar aren't going to be doing much cold weather or heat testing in

FWIW: "wouldn't not be tested in Canada" = "would be tested in Canada"
    You really think i work for Porsche? Sweet!

I wish , maybe some day, Im 15.

Back on topic.

TVR tests in Death valley because its awesome hot weather and desert testing.

All what you said was correct. What im saying is If porsche wanted to do Cold weather testing, or Snow testing. They for sure wouldnt come to Canada, and if they did it would also not be Vancouver.

Why not Vancouver? Vancouver doesnt get much snow at all. It gets the least snow in Canada, and its the warmest place to be in the winter.

Why not Canada? There are alot of better places in the world to do Cold weather testing, for example. Europe. Where Porsche is located.
    ~~~~~Porsche~~~~~

If you read the "christophorus" (Porsche factory magazine), Porsche often test in Canada. What's the big deal if some people see a camouflaged prototype? Apparently, the pictures on some websites already claim to be the 997 turbo in disguise, ie. www.sportscartesting.com, etc.

Definitely saw it with my own eyes. All 12 or so of the cars were dark grey or blue, and most of them were regular 997s. I only noticed one at first, and when I noticed the second I figured something was up. I saw a 997 Turbo (complete with the reshaped intakes, very noticable) that looked exactly like the camo'ed one in picture #1. I also saw the upcoming new couple, as in picture number 2. The rear end was very distinct.

If you want to know for sure, contact MCL Motorcars:

http://www.mclmotorcars.com/htmls/contact.html

Any Porsche testing done in the Vancouver area would be done through them. They should be able to confirm. I saw the cars on the Trans-Canada Highway heading eastbound through West Vancouver. The Porsches were on the opposite side, going Westbound, and some were stopped at a light before the onramp (on Taylor Way). This was 2 or 3 weeks ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 02-21-2005 at 11:04 PM.

uh, yay? he saw a 997 turbo. thats pretty cool. now what?
    halo 2 - november 9

Quote Originally Posted by danno
    uh, yay? he saw a 997 turbo. thats pretty cool. now what?
    Nothing. We were just pointing out to carrera_gtcrazy and ZeTurbo that it is not impossible.

ok, i believe u egg nog.
    i still dont understand why they would pick vancouver for winter testing.

one thing is forsure, i will not be callng that place man, long distance rates are enormus from here to vancouver.

YEAH BABY!! tyhis is actually good news, it means the 911 turbo might be closer than i thought!!!!
    GO HABS GO!

Thread Information