Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GT4 Is out!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne
    it'll be another year till ps3 comes out......and thats still a maybe.
    but now! we can have actual tournaments with online mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(it has online doesn't it?, pretty sure it does cause i've heard it just about everywhere)

yes theres online mode
    isnt PS3 out alrdy? i thought it is

"Online" was taken out, but using the LAN feature you can play other people.

I've been watching some videos and man, they finally got the engine sounds right.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Wacky strategy imo. Why wait so long?
    I'm hoping PS3 supports PS2 games. Right now I have a gamecube and don't really want to spend a lot of money buying a PS2 if there gonna stop making games for it in a year. I'd rather keep the GC until PS3 comes out and then sell the GC and all the games, buy the PS3, a PS3 game, and gran turismo 4. Then, I'll be able to get PS3 and PS2 games. Plus I'll be able to get GT4 for cheap. BUT IF YOU GUYS KEEP SAYING HOW GOOD IT IS I MIGHT HAVE TO GIVE IN AND BUY A PS2!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!! STOP IT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by illusionest
    yes theres online mode
    isnt PS3 out alrdy? i thought it is
    Not even close.

PS3 will support PS2 games.

However, I picked up my copy 10 minutes before EB closed on Feb. 21.

Haven't done the GT3 thing, cause I felt like starting from scratch. Its paid off.

License B:Gold=3 cars.
    License A:Gold=3 cars.
    Now at the next License, with golds on the 1st 2 races and now going for the 3rd race.

Haven't bought a car yet.

anybody have any trouble getting a copy of GT4?? i didnt preorder a copy and was wondering if i would be able to get a copy this week.

Yes, you should be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne
    it'll be another year till ps3 comes out......and thats still a maybe.
    but now! we can have actual tournaments with online mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(it has online doesn't it?, pretty sure it does cause i've heard it just about everywhere)
    wow, there goes all my cash. Have about 200, need to buy the game, ps2, then the online adaptor.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    PS3 will support PS2 games.
    Good. I was counting on that.

I thought GT4 was coming out for Xbox under the title of Forza Motorsport or whatever it's called ?

And about the ps3 thing, I read in some gaming magazine that its should be coming out in the mid of 2006.

GT4 ain't comin out for xbox cause its a ps2 exclusive title........
    and yeah ps3 is supposed to come out somewhere in 06, there is another ps thats only sold in japan(no its not the slim version, its a version with a hard drive and/or dvd burner) that many ppl confuse as the real ps3, but that is not the real ps3 thats supposed to come with cell technology.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

you are all lucky bastards. it doesn't get released here until march 10

Its a great game! I got it and the new steering wheel both are amazing!
    97 Viper GTS
    93 Dodge Viper (Sold)
    My Videos http://www.youtube.com/early93viper

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    what kinda classics does GT4 have?
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Oy!

I'd like to post some facts: Gran Tourismo 4 is created by Polyphony Digital, one of Sony's secondary companies. It is not coming out for any other system other than one made by sony. A version coming out for XBOX is a ridiculous expectation indeed, I might add, seeing as you've already got Project Gotham Racing 2, which is plenty good.

Forza Motorsports is Microsoft's own creation, made to compete in sales with GT4. Wether or not it is a good game remains to be seen, but it does have Porsche and Ferrari, which is a plus. Other than that, GT4 is probably the better game.

Anyone wanting an almost-perfect racing experience should head to their local arcade and look for Sega's F355 Challenge. 3 screens, unbelievable realism, full fledged stick/clutch manual transmission and several awesome tracks including Monza and Suzuka in all their glory. Those not close to an Arcade should Download the Live for Speed demo (provided they have a half-decent computer and steering wheel.) It doesn't have full liscenced cars, but it's racing physics is still unmatched in realism. You can buy the full version off their site, and S2 should be out soon.

Linky

There will be something like 600 cars, with a large number of classics in there. You can get some classic american muscle cars, and even the old Ford Model T (And Karl Benz's 3-wheeled buggy made in the 1800's. These cars are here for the sake of novelty/history*).

There is no Online mode. NONE. They got it working within their own offices (the folks at polyphony), but they couldn't get it to properly work on a larger scale. The online game will be released at a later date as a seperate title. Sucks, yeah, but you can't change that. LAN based competition should be featured, however. (Don't quote me on that one)

The PS3 is still at least a year off. Don't hold your breath. The system "TheOne" mentioned is called the "PSX", which is the official name of the japan-only super-PS2. They stopped using the unnofficial term "PSX" for the original Playstation and started calling it the "PS One" mainly because of this.

After watching gameplay footage of someone racing on the nordschliefe, I can honestly say this one fixes GT3's problem of feeling far too slow than it should be. The old games looked slow, felt slow, and bored me to tears; this game looks to feature a decent, realistic sense of speed that will hopefully hold up to some of the racing genre's more insane dirivatives (Burnout 3, for example).

I hope this helps and clears up any misunderstanding.

*I don't mean the Muscle cars, they can be fairly competitive. I mean the Model T and the like.

Thread Information