Thread: This is what I call a fantastic chop and lie!

This is what I call a fantastic chop and lie!

I'm not a great chop fan. However I must admit some are fantastic. Like this one here that has made everyone believe that BMW had started the M3 from the saloon instead of the traditional coupé.
    Everyone in the forum was fooled by this one! Me included.
    There's still no such thing as a 4 door M3 as this are the photos from the 330i with a very nice chop.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by McReis; 03-09-2005 at 05:47 AM.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

There was a four door E36 M3.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    There was a four door E36 M3.

I know! I mean a E90 4 door.

maybe they changed their minds? fast saloons sell well these days, whats stopping them from making an M3 4 door aswell as coupe? i think it looks hot.

If there's going to be an E90 M3, it will have to be a 4-door. The replacement for the M3 coupe will be called the M4.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    If there's going to be an E90 M3, it will have to be a 4-door. The replacement for the M3 coupe will be called the M4.
    Keep your fingers crossed, will you?

Thats a great chop either way. I still think that if they make a car called the M4 is should be based off the Z4.

No. That is a 330i chopped from the M3!

Seriously, the chop looks great except the wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver
    Thats a great chop either way. I still think that if they make a car called the M4 is should be based off the Z4.
    There will be car called the M4. I will not be based on the Z4. If they make an M version of the Z4, they shoudl just call it the M Roadster like the Z3 was.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

I hope BMW changes their design, i hate the new 3. as all other models....
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

wasn't the future plan for BMW to have all coupes, sports cars, etc to have even numbers (ie the upcoming M4), and sedans/saloons to have odd numbers? (ie 7 series)
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

i wouldnt go so far as to say its a great chop...i looked at it for about 30 seconds and noticed a few easily visible clues that its fake. look at my pic, then open the original chop of the same pic and look hard at where i made my circles and you should be able to notice
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IF ANYBODY KNOWS ANY INFO REGARDING FERRARI ENZO SERIAL NUMBERS/ (COLORS IN) LOCATIONS/ ANYTHING AT ALL THAT IS RELATED TO THIS....PM ME WHAT YOU KNOW. THANKS

"The Ferrari is the girl you bring home to your parents. The Lamborghini is the wild slut you sleep with on the weekend." -Road & Track

brazilians are hot

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    i've read recently in a british car magazine that the BMW board has chagned their mind over calling the new m3 the m4.

originally the new 3 series coupe and cabriolet were going to be split up into a separate 4 series (the even sreis being niche models, 6 seires, z4 and the odd series being the big sellers 1, 3, 5 and 7).

However the board has now decided that the m3 name is to big to just drop and the coupe and cab 3 sereis will be called 3 series.

i suppose if they had stuck to the origial plan they could have had a 4 (5 if you count the boot) door m3 and a 2 (3) door m4 but oh well

Thread Information