Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: long awaited- why i like the prius.

nice work Pando.

the fact is Karrmann, $2.00 us a gallon is still cheap fuel. And as long as many consumers consider there needs ahead of the worlds (And rightly so, it's their money) not many people will buy the prius out of their own pocket.

Here in Canberra there used as government vehicles, i've never seen a privately owned Prius.

So, in conclusion: ugly, slow, pointless (As good as the tech is, a VW diesel will still kill it in fuel economy) and expensive? I'd rather have a Honda Accord Euro at that price, anyway.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

you tell em karrmann, the prius friggen rocks
    stereotonin

go Kenny!

but really, Gas prices go up because of the demand, if the oil company charges the station 2.00 fr it, the station will probilly charge 2.05 cause they need to make a profit.

but really, gas prices could be prevented form going up, if there are more cars like the Prius and less big SUVS like the Excursion.

but i'm not saying SUVS are bad, they are just bad when they are used the wrong way, like if you buy a GMC Jimmy, and use it for sunday fun in the national park, then you are using it correctly, but if you buy a GMC Jimmy, and use it to take you kids to school and your daily driving, and never take it off road at all, then you aren't using it properly and that's hwat threatning the gas prices.

and just shut up about all the diesels, CAUSE THEY AREN'T SOLD IN AMERICA, HERE IN THE US THE PRIUS IS THE MOST FUEL EFFICANT CAR IN THE MARKET IN AMERICA

got it?
    Last edited by Karrmann; 03-17-2005 at 01:52 PM.

I know the Honda Insight is an impractical car but I prefer its styling and it gets about 20 more miles to the gallon than the Prius. I'd never consider a Hybrid though, typically because they're overpriced. I mean Priuses are sold at up to £20k in this country, they're just as overpriced as Works Mini Cooper S's.

really, i feel that the prius here is worth every penny, because UK pounds are worth more than american money, and considering that it is the most fuel efficant Hybrid that is practiacl to drive, because the Insight, has no trunk space, seats only 2, drives stiffly, and it has lots of road noise.

and considering that it is only 20,000, it is a bargain considering all the stuff it offers, and it is cheaper than most cars (in the us)

Well, when you can buy a VW Polo Diesel for about 13-14k (Which is more fuel efficient), it is overpriced to high hell, but in the US, I kind of see your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrmann
    go Kenny!
    and just shut up about all the diesels, CAUSE THEY AREN'T SOLD IN AMERICA, HERE IN THE US THE PRIUS IS THE MOST FUEL EFFICANT CAR IN THE MARKET IN AMERICA

got it?
    I got it, but you DON'T. VW sells diesels in most of thier cars (golf, beetle, jetta), some get 50+ mpg all the time, usually never going below 47 with my mom's tdi beetle and can go about ~700 miles per tank. Here's the autoweek's tests on the prius:

First Quarter: http://autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=100990
    Fuel mileage: 43.05 mpg

Second Quarter: http://autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=101694
    Fuel Mileage: 42.72 mpg

This doesn't look like your claimed 60 mpg and doesn't look like the most fuel efficient in America either.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

60MPG, when the roads are flat, and you don't turn on the heater or radio, is not an achievable 60 MPG.

by the looks even 50 MPG would be pushing it.....
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

It does 60mpg when its running on the electric motor, which can barely get the car up to 30mph, so it uses petrol most of the time.

that's because the electric motor is just to get the car moving over 30 then the gas motor kicks in.

that really saves fuel because you use the most fuel just trying to get the car moving from a stop.

go Kenny!

but really, Gas prices go up because of the demand, if the oil company charges the station 2.00 fr it, the station will probilly charge 2.05 cause they need to make a profit.

but really, gas prices could be prevented form going up, if there are more cars like the Prius and less big SUVS like the Excursion.
    basically the fuel companies are getting gas buyers to become comfortable paying $2-3 dollars a gallon for gas. then they will lower it 10 cents and everybody will go YAY! its cheap compared to last week.

but i'm not saying SUVS are bad, they are just bad when they are used the wrong way, like if you buy a GMC Jimmy, and use it for sunday fun in the national park, then you are using it correctly, but if you buy a GMC Jimmy, and use it to take you kids to school and your daily driving, and never take it off road at all, then you aren't using it properly and that's hwat threatning the gas prices.
    First GMC Jimmys are not good for off road. same as my car. second why cant it be a daily driver? its big with huge amounts of leg room and head space. Plus you can load them up with shit. who wants to pay more for delivery when you can do it yourself. Its nice to be comfy wile driving. Why dont you come up with an idea to get school busses of the road if your so smart. Third not everybody in american can afford to have 2 cars one for the "national park" and the other to "take the kids to school"

My Math teach owns a diesel VW Jetta. He says it great gas wise.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    basically the fuel companies are getting gas buyers to become comfortable paying $2-3 dollars a gallon for gas. then they will lower it 10 cents and everybody will go YAY! its cheap compared to last week.

First GMC Jimmys are not good for off road. same as my car. second why cant it be a daily driver? its big with huge amounts of leg room and head space. Plus you can load them up with shit. who wants to pay more for delivery when you can do it yourself. Its nice to be comfy wile driving. Why dont you come up with an idea to get school busses of the road if your so smart. Third not everybody in american can afford to have 2 cars one for the "national park" and the other to "take the kids to school"

My Math teach owns a diesel VW Jetta. He says it great gas wise.

well if you don't want to off road don't buy a SUV it's that simple

well the thing is that I hate how everyone wants big mombo bombo SUVS and they use them just to take little Jimmy to school, and thus making the gas prices go sky high (2.00 per gallon yikes!) and then when I heard of it via Gran Turismo, I liked it at first sight, with it's bold styling such and suck I automatically liked it, and then I really started to like it when I learned that it was a Hybrid that got a claimed 60 MPG, with 800 Miles per Tank, with no external charging. I also like how it can accomindate all these nice convcience features, and be comfortable with a small moneravle body, with pleanty of legroiom and all the practically in the car that is still able to have good looking styling. and plus it has the awesoome reliability record of outstanding reliability with very little trouble- a defant suprise considering it's a Hybrid.

then when I went on Toyota.com, I learned about the new Prius, and on other websites, i learned about it's success, awards and all the rave from consumer magazines. plus it is still roomy while having one of the lowest CD ratios of any car in the world, but it still has good head room. then this year at the auto show, I got to sit in one! well, some of the materials felt cheap, perferabliy the rear armrest, but all in all it was a good comfy car, the displays looked very complicated, but really, I mastered them in under 5 minutes, i showed my dad and my best friend around the car, and they both liked them, ad I liked it too, I examined it inside and out, and I was not dissapointed at all, and I even got my pic taken in it! but really I juts love it's practicility, and the fact that's it's a ybrid that is practical and normal to drive, and is rated higher than all other hybrids and it also feels like a real car., and the fact that's a Hybrid and the oil supplie's only last hope.

Toyota claims it's making a step forward with hybrid technology, but think about it.

If you can run a diesel car on vegetable oil with NO pollutants, then wouldn't spending MILLIONS if not BILLIONS of dollars on hybrid technology be an ignorant step backwards? Why don't they work on domestically creating fuel grade vegetable oil? THAT would be a step forward.

Stupid stupid stupid. Clearly you've never been to Buffalo much less Wisconsin. I hope you realize that there are places outside of Detroit that actually get something called 'Extreme weather,' where you can get 7 feet of snow and flash floods and mudslides and difficult road terrain and other things that not only require 4wd but a high enough ground clearance to avoid these things.

And if you're so concerned about gas mileage and gas mileage only (as you seem to be proclaiming in flashing neon all over the place) then why the hell do you like Vectors? They get 7/11 mpg-comparable to that of A HUMMER. Not only that, but if you like it for speed, you better save up to rent out a raceway or something because, unlike off roading, speeding is illegal. I cannot understand, now matter how hard I try, why you like Vectors and hate SUVs.
    Last edited by Esperante; 03-19-2005 at 09:45 PM.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Best comeback ever
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    If you can run a diesel car on vegetable oil with NO pollutants, then wouldn't spending MILLIONS if not BILLIONS of dollars on hybrid technology be an ignorant step backwards? Why don't they work on domestically creating fuel grade vegetable oil? THAT would be a step forward.

Running on vegtable oil looses a bit of performance. The prius was made because they could sell it, especially to the Americans who have much diesel and everyone else who is too vain to want to drive a car that sounds like that.

Thread Information