Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So we've taken the plunge...

carlover:

Quote Originally Posted by carlover
    Most people driving around town would rather be seen in something that looks like it was desinged by pinifaria then something that looks like it was designed by a 5 year old ON CRACK.

A car sells to more people when, if they see it, people think, "wow check out that awesome car! Quick get the camera!" instead of, "AHHH!! My eyes are bleeding!!!!".

All cars should look good. I don't care about going fast, but at least have some decensy in the design.

In conclusion, EVERYBODY cares if the car looks good, because if someone sees a really nice looking car that gets 50 MPG and is 27,000 there probably gonna buy it. The Prius sold a lot, but it probably would've sold more if it looked better...

Nobody sells a car withought a working engine, why sell a car without a working body? Beats me.

BTW Karrman, you just called the Prius ugly. AMEN!!!

You're an idiot. Not all consumers live in California, not all consumers are teenagers wowed by pretty, flashy things, and not all consumers really care what the car looks like, as long as it does what it's supposed to.

Now, I agree that there is a limit in ugliness one can take, but the prius is nowhere near that limit. It's simple, clean, and efficient. You want an economy car where they dropped the ball on aesthetics? Try the old Dodge/Plymouth K-cars. THOSE are repulsive. Last time I checked, they're also everywhere I go.

See where I'm going with this? Not everyone cares about looks, and you're a fool for thinking everybody on earth is that shallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Radoman
    You're an idiot. Not all consumers live in California, not all consumers are teenagers wowed by pretty, flashy things, and not all consumers really care what the car looks like, as long as it does what it's supposed to.

Now, I agree that there is a limit in ugliness one can take, but the prius is nowhere near that limit. It's simple, clean, and efficient. You want an economy car where they dropped the ball on aesthetics? Try the old Dodge/Plymouth K-cars. THOSE are repulsive. Last time I checked, they're also everywhere I go.

See where I'm going with this? Not everyone cares about looks, and you're a fool for thinking everybody on earth is that shallow.
    You've made a valid point.

What i have to refute is that , despite the fact they have bothered with the technology of putting two engines into this car, and all the technical know how that went into it, the fuel savings are neglible.

But also i think you've gone a bit far in saying that he's shallow. Let me put it this way; would you prefer;
    a) A really hot girl, not all there brain wise
    b) A smart girl, but not all there looks wise
    or c)The total package.

I'd go C, as would many people, but given the choice, i'm afraid a lot of people today are wanting more style wise, as well as practicality. The Prius comes off as only fufilling one role; being practical (Sans trailer, of course)

not everyone is so shallow, as you put it, but people don't buy the Prius, at a premium i might add to say, a Jetta TDi, without a thought of being seen as doing something for the environment. Despite the fact it's non-describt, it's become the new Kombi (Ie; Driven by Greenies) for the new millenium.

The Startled Frog look is in At the moment, anyway.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by Prius
    no accually, 27,000 bucks is the price for a fully loaded one.

20,000 is the base price.
    http://216.110.64.104/BuildYourToyot...zip_code=77024
    not $40,00 but still over 2,000 higher than you said, oooooooo prius master got owned.......ooooo
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Update: Prius has arrived!
    It's outside my house as I type this. And as for price, in the UK it's low to average for cars this size.
    It's a great car, and very futuristic. Like iDrive, but works better.
    UCP's second biggest classic-car fan. Representing the 1% of kids who love REAL cars : the classics

UCP mac user #3

TN55- latte-drinking, sushi-eating, Volvo-driving liberal extraordinaire

like iDrive, just less idiotic.

but really, you will love your Prius.
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

but really, you will love your Prius.
    im skeptical
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...032#post294032
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

yo u shouldn't really take that to heart, obvisouly a Prius hater wrote that article and it was very biased and obvisouly the driver was uneduciated anout how to care for a Hybrid.

if it was such a crappy car, why did Motor Trend name it Car Of The Year last year?

yo u shouldn't really take that to heart, obvisouly a Prius hater wrote that article and it was very biased and obvisouly the driver was uneduciated anout how to care for a Hybrid.

if it was such a crappy car, why did Motor Trend name it Car Of The Year last year?
    Because "car of the year" type of awards are based on fuel mileage and reliability based on how much you pay, and not how fun the car is (unless it is "sports car of the year")?
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

And because Motor Trend is a crap magazine.

Your obviously going to get mad karmann. Afterall, the Prius is your favourite car ever.

Quote Originally Posted by RS6
    And because Motor Trend is a crap magazine.
    I enjoy reading it if that counts.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I enjoy reading it if that counts.
    Obviously we don't share the same opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by RS6
    Obviously we don't share the same opinions.
    I guess we do since I prefer Automobile, R+T, Evo, and C+D over it.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    Because "car of the year" type of awards are based on fuel mileage and reliability based on how much you pay, and not how fun the car is (unless it is "sports car of the year")?

dude, not rating cars on performance on teh other magazines is what makes Top Gear an awesome show. if all magazines were like Top Gear, then I wouldn't be limewireing episodes.

Thread Information