Thread: MSN Messenger Help

MSN Messenger Help

I have a bit of a problem with my MSN account. Its full. I attempted trying to add a friend of mine and I got a message stating that I cant because my account is full.

Is there some sort of plug-in or something to expand the storage capability of the list ?
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

How large is your list ?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I don't think there is anything that can expand the msn. And the maximum amount you can have is 150.

Quote Originally Posted by Misho
    I have a bit of a problem with my MSN account. Its full. I attempted trying to add a friend of mine and I got a message stating that I cant because my account is full.

Is there some sort of plug-in or something to expand the storage capability of the list ?
    Maybe this info will help:

http://www.mess.be/msnmessengerfaq/i..._can_have.html

Your MSN Messenger contact list can only display 150 people (online + offline). When you reached that limit you can add more people by allowing them to add you to their list, but you won't have a clue or get alerts when they're online unless they start talking to you. And you can only initiate a chat with them by chosing Actions from the pulldown menu, then Send an Instant Message, clicking the Other tab and finally entering their exact email address.

Microsoft has put a limit to contact lists because they're stored on their servers, unlike buddy lists in ICQ for example. The big advantage is the access to your contact lists wherever you log into MSN Messenger.

and

http://www.mess.be/msnmessengerfaq/i..._contacts.html

Not exactly. If you use a third party client (like Trillian for instance) you can add more than 150 contacts to your buddy list. Unfortunately, your list resets to the first 150 when switching back to MSN Messenger and "Add Contact" requests pop up from those people that you added via the MSN compatible chat client.

Luckily, there is an addon called MessengerDiscovery that allows you to have an external contact list on top of your regular one, and even have statuses for the people on the enlarged one.

yep, i have 150 contacts on the list.

thanks Alastor for the info. +1
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

do you go through the phone book and add every 3rd person.

no, i am just a nice guy that people like to be friends with.

----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

yeah ive got the same problem my list is full so when i got to add someone i just delete a contact that i dont want anymore...simple

Thread Information