Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Bugatti Veyron

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    You know what else Quad-Turbo W-16 sounds like? Overweight failed POS that fails in the design department.
    I second that.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Well, I have to say - they sound pretty damn nice when progressing at a highly illegal rate of knots.

Look quite imposing too.

Still not convinced that they are worth all the money and effort that has been piled into the project though.
    Thanks for all the fish

who Knows, maybe bugatti are pioneering the way to a future of W16 engines. one day we might even get a W16 LADA

or they might just be digging their hole deeper and deeper and deeper....
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Hello. I have already registered to the forum. Bugatti... Ma che cognome! Now that VW decided to create a supercar, maybe the others (McLaren) must return back to their design studios and produce a new supercar. I would like however to ask you something to all of the members: 4 turbos aren't a lot? Is it possible to remove them and have just 500-600 hp (with a 6 or 7 speed DSG)? For this engine can be installed in a helicopter or a small aeroplane! The max speed I believe is well above 400 km/h!!! Almost half a Mach!!! And the price... In Greece will be 1,600,000 Euros VAT inclusive! Here some people are selling their Veyrons

http://eng.autoscout24.com

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYDRIVER
    Hello. I have already registered to the forum. Bugatti... Ma che cognome! Now that VW decided to create a supercar, maybe the others (McLaren) must return back to their design studios and produce a new supercar. I would like however to ask you something to all of the members: 4 turbos aren't a lot? Is it possible to remove them and have just 500-600 hp (with a 6 or 7 speed DSG)? For this engine can be installed in a helicopter or a small aeroplane! The max speed I believe is well above 400 km/h!!! Almost half a Mach!!! And the price... In Greece will be 1,600,000 Euros VAT inclusive! Here some people are selling their Veyrons

http://eng.autoscout24.com
    Welcome to UCP.

Yes, it's an awesome engine.

Half a mach is about 600km/h though.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Still not convinced that they are worth all the money and effort that has been piled into the project though.
    I wonder how much the total spending for this project will be.

By which company is the 4WD of Veyron supplied? Any knowledge available? What I've heard is that only in Molsheim there are 80 suppliers...

It's probably a coincedence that the production of the Bugatti Veyron and Airbus A380 start in the same year. It could go into history as the year the Europeans really lost their mind.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    www.exoticspotter.com has this pics in the newest update:

WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

Wow.......finally........they might make it.......several years later
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

the front number plate looks like its taped on with gaffa tape

This car still has the big vent behind the front wheel, which will not be found on the production car.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    This car still has the big vent behind the front wheel, which will not be found on the production car.
    i thought they put that in to solve some cooling issues. have they found a way to solve them without the vent?

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree
    i thought they put that in to solve some cooling issues. have they found a way to solve them without the vent?
    That's what they told me in Geneva. It was the biggest difference between the final prototype and the production car.

(Ted Joans)

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    ??? They put this vent in after IAA 2003 and showed the "new" prototype in Geneva 2004 and said it will be build with it. Then they showed the car again in Geneva and Monaco this year (both times with the vent) and now they will build it without it?? Bugatti is strange...
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

Thread Information