Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: WhAtZ wRoNg WiTh A hOnDa?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Prius
    I live in the states.
    Err, I know that.

But you said:
    "Behold the Civic Type R!
    Available only in Japan... until now!"

So, I just said that it's available in Europe as well.

there are 2 types of civics

good: normal family use bcoz they are not expensive & have good mileage, maybe a few modifications or slight tuning.

bad: completely overrated cars with too many stickers & modifications, tuned with unnecessary Hp. these cars are either just for show or childish drag races.

hondas are good cars & SUVs, . civics are just a machine which takes people from A to B & thats all. tuning it to 600+ HP & racing [not just racing it but Drag racing it] it is absolutely ass s**king.

but you must remember that there are FWD vehicles with 1000+ HP that can run mid 7-second 1/4 mile at over 190 mph using a 4-cylinder engine..... of course, that can only be done by the pros

Quote Originally Posted by nist7
    but you must remember that there are FWD vehicles with 1000+ HP that can run mid 7-second 1/4 mile at over 190 mph using a 4-cylinder engine..... of course, that can only be done by the pros
    Find me one 1000+ hp FWD 4 cylinder that doesn't A) have a tube frame chassis, B) have drag radials, or C) need to have its motor rebuilt every 10 runs.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    Find me one 1000+ hp FWD 4 cylinder that doesn't A) have a tube frame chassis, B) have drag radials, or C) need to have its motor rebuilt every 10 runs.
    ehh...give me some time and luck, and I'll show you one, lol.

well, I see the point and I agree. For the, dare I say, amateur street racers, a high-powered FWD vehicle is definitely not a winner. And of course, much more power can be extracted out of an 8-cylinder...

Honda's are made for one thing in particular, and they are ridiculously good at it. That is to be............: an econobox. By the time you tune a Honda to the point where it can beat a Corvette or Viper, chances are it lost it's awesome reliability, and almost definitely the gas-useage advantage the stock car had. Then, all you have is a car with the same reliability as high performance track cars (not the Noble/Caterham kind, like the C6 Corvette kind), and the gas mileage of one too, but the insurance of a car that costs insane amounts more then either category of cars, because insurance companies know that most people with modified Japanese cars are idiots, even if their car IS fast.

So in the end.......all you are doing is paying more for insurance. Sure, it is amazing to see the very few but very nice samples of these cars that can beat an SRT-10 Viper in the 1/4 mile, or a Corvette C6/Carrera 911/Lotus Elise on the track, but:
    1) As I said, modifications jack up your insurance, and in America, it is almost ALWAYS cheaper insurance-wise to buy a car that has the performance you want in stock form, and not buy something that requires mods to go fast.
    2) The gas mileage on your car (which is a HUGE advantage for stock Honda's over competitor's for cheap cars here in America) will go from 9.5/10, to 3.5/10 (probably an exaggeration, but you get the idea that your mileage advantage will die).
    3) Your reliability, which for Honda, as you almost definitely know is what made them such amazing new-driver cars, as they were cheap, used little gas, and would just keep running and running for years and years. Put enough mods on it so it can do 11 seconds in the 1/4 mile........chances are you will have to send it in for maintenance just as often as a good track driver sends in his car with the same performance.

So really, Honda's are great if you want an economy car, or a reliable family sedan. But as a track car? Seriously, you save almost nothing in the end, if you save anything at all. Plus, things like a Noble M12 GTO 3R look alot cooler too. If you want to take a Honda to the track: get an S2000, not a Civic.

EDIT: Woah, holy crap, just realized that there were many a number of posts in this thread that I missed.
    Last edited by CdocZ; 05-15-2005 at 03:32 PM.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

i wish more then ever for a device which allows me to bitch slap people over the internet ...

Does your friend use 2 big ones ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

only two? that's not nearly enough, you need at least 8 for a 4-cylinder, two bottles each!

This thread needs to die already.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    I like Civics. Some of the ones I've seen have been modified very nicely. BUT....

Your 'boi' has a 673 horsepower ratio with a stock civic engine.
    And not to mention the fact that he chooses to leave it front-wheel drive

On top of that you haven't really said anything. Meaning we don't really know what the car has or what it is.
    Say, are you sure he just doesn't have 2 wheels connected by a rod that he put some tires around, and puts a belt around it connecting to the engine and tries the engine?
    Oh, and then you compare it to a motorcycle engine?

I only like Civics are family cars. They're fantastic for that purpose. Infact, I'm trying to convice my family to get an 03/04/05 Civic next.
    for one i never said that he has a stock engine, have you ever heard of a Spoon block with turbo, high compression pistons, ported motor and header, bored and stroked to a 2.0 liter, Apexi N1 exaust, spoon sports test pipe... and this is the only things i know about that it has done to it and i know that it has a hell of alot more...
    {Mugen Power only for the skilled and powerful}

Quote Originally Posted by DrifterX
    for one i never said that he has a stock engine, have you ever heard of a Spoon block with turbo, high compression pistons, ported motor and header, bored and stroked to a 2.0 liter, Apexi N1 exaust, spoon sports test pipe... and this is the only things i know about that it has done to it and i know that it has a hell of alot more...
    That isn't nearly enough to get 673 horses out of a 2 liter engine. Try again.

You're lying, so just give it up and apologize.
    Sometimes the best view of heaven is from hell.

Hmm...oohh....Wow!! These are delectible! Good news, Flappy! I'm not going to kill you!

Quote Originally Posted by DrifterX
    Have you ever heard of a dyno sheet? Well we want that, plus pics.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I wanna see this engine. I wanna see a dyno sheet. Till then shut up about a 650hp Civic.

That isn't nearly enough to get 673 horses out of a 2 liter engine. Try again.
    It's possible to get 600+hp out of 2 liters. But you're going to be running at least 30PSI, maybe closer to 35 or 40. And you're going to need race gas or you'll ping and predetonate to hell and back. Nitrous would also give quite a bit of help, but you shouldn't quote a dyno figure on the bottle since it isn't always there.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Thread Information