Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tvr Sagaris

Tvr Sagaris

TVR unveiled their new vehicle. The TVR SAGARIS. It's gonna take the engine from the Tuscan S, with 6 cylinders and 400hp. The car is expected to go as fast as 310 km/h.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love it!It's my new favourite british car!
    U just can't beat the beautiful ugliness of a TVR(speaking in a good way)
    "Fate?Fate's just an illusion which takes the fear away.You trust fate?I trust no one.I'm not paranoid.I'm just independent.I spin the other way.I have no notion of time.I'm myself's whore.I know nothing but my needs,my ego,my thoughts,my cares,my loves,my hates,my world.Who am I?...I'm you."

More Pictures TVR Sagaris Challenge (size 2048x1536)
    Last edited by lfb666; 01-19-2004 at 05:38 PM.
    Fasten seat belt while seated

An interesting looking car, I've always liked the TVR designs. Great imagination. But I have heard that the reliability of these cars arn't that great. Me being in america, I can't really say that to be proof. Anyone care to clarify?
    Taking in donations for a Lancia Delta Integrale, please be considerate of a fellow forum member....:)

The Sagaris is certainly a mean looking Beast! Can't decide whether I like it or not. It is actually a development of the universally acclaimed T350C which to be honest I prefer, with its smooth, curvaceous bodywork. The developments are the obvious bodywork modifications, a bigger version of the TVR Speed Six engine, and a wider track with trackday spec Dunlop tyres.

It's not the only new car that TVR released last month, they also debuted the Typhon. It's a development of the carbonfibre constructed T400R/T440R. It's basically exactly the same car but with a supercharger for even more power. TVR haven't finished developing the engine yet but reckon it should produce well over 500bhp, possibly closer to 600bhp!!! It only weighs 1045kg/2300lb so it should absolutely fly all the way to 220mph! There are plenty of pics around, www.sleepy-fish.com/typhon.htm probably has the best.

Oh and yes Mr Ewok, TVRs are notoriously unreliable! Apparently they are slowly improving, particularly in the engine department, but the overall build quality and very high servicing cost is still the main deterent for people looking to buying one (well, that and the lack of traction control, ABS and airbags!). Great if you've got the money and the patience, a pain in butt if you don't. It's a shame as it spoils what are fantastically exciting cars.
    Last edited by jameswithington; 01-26-2004 at 06:45 PM.

Im not surprised to learn that htey are not reliable. It is the impression
    I have of most British cars. I do admire TVRs desire to build wildly powerful cars though.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by jameswithington
    Oh and yes Mr Ewok, TVRs are notoriously unreliable! Apparently they are slowly improving, particularly in the engine department, but the overall build quality and very high servicing cost is still the main deterent for people looking to buying one (well, that and the lack of traction control, ABS and airbags!). Great if you've got the money and the patience, a pain in butt if you don't. It's a shame as it spoils what are fantastically exciting cars.
    They're not as bad as their reputation makes out.
    The Ferrari 355 has been in the shop more than the TVR.AND a *LOT* more expensive. He's getting rid of it
    You also have the classic, "love it coz it's exciting', 'hate it cos it doesn't have traction control, abs'.
    Well, DUH, if it had those it couldnt' BE exciting.
    Both don't come in the same package unless you've the courage to turn it all of in the Porsche/Ferrari/Lamob etc. And experience I've seen at track days, when all the computer help is turned off a lot of them are poor handling.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    You also have the classic, "love it coz it's exciting', 'hate it cos it doesn't have traction control, abs'.
    Well, DUH, if it had those it couldnt' BE exciting.
    I never said I personally didn't like it because of the lack of driver aids, I admire TVR's balls in this respect and I wouldn't have a TVR any other way. I do think that a lot of people are put off by the lack of compromise though. TVR were allegedly aiming at wooing people out of their Boxsters with the 'baby' TVR's (Tamora, T350s), but I reckon the average Boxster buyer is more interested in the corporate pose value and prestige than out and out driving thrills. It is these people who would be intimidated by the prospect of TVR ownership, not me!

Interesting comments about the reliability. Your TVR may very well be more reliable than a 355, but then again I wouldn't exactly class a Ferrari as a reliable and cheap to run car! Which TVR do you have? I know someone who thought he was getting an absolute bargain when picking up a Griffith 500 for £16000, but he used it as his only car, having to do the daily grind, and the big thirsty V8 and seemingly endless list of niggling problems meant he couldn't keep up with the running/servicing costs so he had to sell up. This is my only experience of TVR's reliability but have heard of numerous other sob stories.

(Still want one though! T350C with factory performance pack, Tahiti Blue pearlescent paint job, magnolia/blue full hide interior. Nice!)

TVR Sagaris Challenge Rear (2048x1536) and other TVR Sagaris(800x600)
    Fasten seat belt while seated

Quote Originally Posted by lfb666
    TVR Sagaris Challenge Rear (2048x1536) and other TVR Sagaris(800x600)
    thx for the pics.........as usal you have the best pics{exept BMW& lambo}
    anyway the rear looks realy bad i changed my minde on this car and i dont like it

Thumbs up

I love it! The Ferrari Enzo is dull looking compared to this...
    And that 6cilinder is fantastic!
    Dreaming of a Peugeot 106 Rallye...

I never said I personally didn't like it because of the lack of driver aids,....
    Interesting comments about the reliability. Your TVR may very well be more reliable
    It was a colleague who was on his third TVR ( sold it now that the bottoms fallen out of the computing consultatncy marketplace )
    Minor niggles are reasons for many people NOT to buy a car.
    TVR can never hope to get the lardies to get out of their Ps, Bs and Ms
    Sory I was a bit heavy-handed about the 'excitement'.
    I'm saying nothing about reliability for a while as my A610 just blew a head gasket. Looking at $5K repair PLUS and double that if I want to do big power improvements......

Woow Yeahhh!!! I ve read the article in the Top Gear December issue, and I just adore it!! TVR makes just such erotic cars....You can just trow away your NFS:U copy, cause this car beats them all with its bodykit!! YEAHH!!! (like in the YEAH from Kurt from Nirvana in the song Lithium...)
    Last edited by IL Duce; 01-26-2004 at 11:17 AM.

I just love this car! The styling is just wicked! It really goes with my motto... leave the crowd

The Sagaris is certainly a mean looking Beast! Can't decide whether I like it or not. It is actually a development of the universally acclaimed T350C which to be honest I prefer, with its smooth, curvaceous bodywork. The developments are the obvious bodywork modifications, a bigger version of the TVR Speed Six engine, and a wider track with trackday spec Dunlop tyres.

It's not the only new car that TVR released last month, they also debuted the Typhon. It's a development of the carbonfibre constructed T400R/T440R. It's basically exactly the same car but with a supercharger for even more power. TVR haven't finished developing the engine yet but reckon it should produce well over 500bhp, possibly closer to 600bhp!!! It only weighs 1045kg/2300lb so it should absolutely fly all the way to 220mph! There are plenty of pics around, www.sleepyfish.com/typhon.htm probably has the best.

I cant get the link here to work! I can't seem to find any pictures of the Typhoon, can someone help me out.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Thread Information