Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: worst cars ever made

All these other so-called 'worst cars' pale into insignificance when compared to the abysmal Lightburn Zeta

A 2door station wagon with no tailgate so accessing the luggage area meant removing the seats. Its fuel gauge consisted of a small glass tube filled with petrol, dashboard mounted for the height of luxury & safety. The Zeta sales brochure bizarrely dubbed it a 'super car' (the only thing it could leap in a single bound was out of gear). Styling rated as 'unique' and included tailfins that protruded from the roof while its frontal treatment and bulging headlights looked like nothing else .. except what you might find within the darkest recesses of a wholesale fishmarket

Truly a horror like no other. So if you haven't seen one before, prepare to avert thyne eyes
    http://www.microcarmuseum.com/tour/zeta-runabout.html

http://www.rallysportmag.com/cms/A_104054/article.html

Clutch Monkey Guest
    One word YUGO

I have an addition to my list

Dodge Caravan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

Quote Originally Posted by Prius
    I have an addition to my list

Dodge Caravan
    Why do you think its such a bad car?
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Forbes.com site did a similar survey/poll for all time worst cars.

http://www.forbes.com/lifestyle/2004..._0126feat.html

Their running tally so far...
    1975-1980 AMC Pacer 2937 votes (8%)
    1970-1974 Chevrolet Vega 2973 votes (9%)
    1970-1972 Citroen SM 569 votes (2%)
    1978-1988 Fiat Strada 687 votes (2%)
    1983-1989 Ford Bronco II 1332 votes (4%)
    1957-1959 Ford Edsel 663 votes (2%)
    1971-1980 Ford Pinto 6125 votes (18%)
    1978 Honda Accord hatchback 865 votes (2%)
    1971 Mazda RX-2 371 votes (1%)
    1979-1984 Oldsmobile Delta 88 601 votes (2%)
    1984 Pontiac Fiero 2128 votes (6%)
    1956-1968 Renault Dauphine 999 votes (3%)
    1957-1962 Sachsenring Trabant P50 2021 votes (6%)
    1981-1991 Yugo GV 12633 votes (36%)
    ~forbes.com
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    Why do you think its such a bad car?
    My mom has one, and buying it is one of our greatist regrets, we wish we would have bought a Taurus or a Honda. I like how it waits until after we paid the bills or a time when we are tight money wise, then deciedes to break down. Because of that POS, we have a bookmark in the section of the phonebook that lists the towing services and repair shops.
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch Monkey
    One word YUGO
    i wonder how you came up with that username......
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

worst car ever...

The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyperl
    each persons criteria is different but my list would included cars like the H2, Escalade, Maybach, Phantom, Continental, Veyron, SL55 etc. Huge overpowered/underused cars for rich people that are all about image.
    There is nothing wrong with powerful cars. Every car save for the H2 and Escalade that you named is supposed to be fast and comfortable. They are gran tourers, not high strung sports cars like your precious exige. Try driving one of those for a couple hours and you will see the point of cars that blend speed, luxury and style.

The Horsepower Wars aren't over, and thats the best news
    -Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

-I thought the blacks in Baltimore were bad, shit, they’re nothing compared to these fags you got here in San Francisco…haha.

-Kenny Powers

wtf

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    skyline
    Dude, r u off ur effin rocker? The skyline is THE greatest car ever to come out of japan and held the unofficial production car lap record at the Nurburgring. Although it only came stock with 280 bhp, Nissan did this intentionally, beefing up the engine, chassis and transmission to accept the ineveitable power increases once the tuners got their hands on it. It was built to safely run over 600 bhp while being the most easily customisable sports car because you could access and control: boost levels, fuel injection, etc from a laptop. It was a racer's dream cap because it could handle all the power from mods and provided lap data as well as easy access to the ECU to tune the car without picking up a wrench.

The worst recent cars on my list would be the Honda Insight, Volkswagon Beetle, Ford Excursion, Suzuki Swift, PT Cruser, Merc CLK 230, and of course the Aztec

I was also unhappy with the F50 since it had no performance advances over the F40 but its nowhere near as bad as the cars I named before.
    Last edited by jump15vc; 01-13-2006 at 03:02 PM.

-I thought the blacks in Baltimore were bad, shit, they’re nothing compared to these fags you got here in San Francisco…haha.

-Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by jump15vc
    Dude, r u off ur effin rocker? The skyline is THE greatest car ever to come out of japan and held the unofficial production car lap record at the Nurburgring. Although it only came stock with 280 bhp, Nissan did this intentionally, beefing up the engine, chassis and transmission to accept the ineveitable power increases once the tuners got their hands on it. It was built to safely run over 600 bhp while being the most easily customisable sports car because you could access and control: boost levels, fuel injection, etc from a laptop. It was a racer's dream cap because it could handle all the power from mods and provided lap data as well as easy access to the ECU to tune the car without picking up a wrench.

The worst recent cars on my list would be the Honda Insight, Volkswagon Beetle, Ford Excursion, Suzuki Swift, PT Cruser, Merc CLK 230, and of course the Aztec

I was also unhappy with the F50 since it had no performance advances over the F40 but its nowhere near as bad as the cars I named before.
    Your textbook definition of a fanboy, although he has a point about the skyline being a tuner and racer's dream.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

i say
    DeLorian
    but their kinda nice lookin
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE
    (UCP'S biggest Zonda fan)

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

Quote Originally Posted by jump15vc
    I won't even waste my time arguing against this point, but will simply tell you to buy all 29,054 versions of the Skyline in GranTurismo4 while masturbating to a GTR in Need for Speed Most Wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I won't even waste my time arguing against this point, but will simply tell you to buy all 29,054 versions of the Skyline in GranTurismo4 while masturbating to a GTR in Need for Speed Most Wanted.
    pwn3d
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE
    (UCP'S biggest Zonda fan)

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

"I won't even waste my time arguing against this point, but will simply tell you to buy all 29,054 versions of the Skyline in GranTurismo4 while masturbating to a GTR in Need for Speed Most Wanted."

then you need to go masterbate all over ur gt4 since u took the time to find out how many gtrs are in the game u tool

and the gtr is better than anything ull ever get paid to fill at the gas station let alone drive

-Kenny Powers

Thread Information