Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: never let lindsay lohan drive your mercedes

i use to somke but now im on a respirator

Quote Originally Posted by ZemoButts
    i use to somke but now im on a respirator
    Good.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    She claimed she was being hounded all day by the press. She is still a kid. I know it comes with fame and all but the press should have to behave in a reasonable way, not like a pack of wolves.
    that is bullshit and you know it, she uses the media, as much as they use her, it is a 2 way street... she uses the media to promote what she does whether it be a movie or her music or whatever and paparazzi keep them in the media by photographing them... and like most other celebritites she bitches when they take a photo of her when it isn't convenient or is unflattering for her... if it wasn't for the paparazzi this poor little girl's star would have diminished long ago (around the same time we all realised she can't sing or act) and she would have faded into the background.... instead with good media manipulation, Lohan, like that other pop tart Nickelodeon/MTV retard Hilary Duff, are enjoying what comes with their 15 minutes of fame... unfortunately with her fame comes the "ugly" side, aka paparazzi trying to get every little piece of dirt they can on her just so they can get money...

i don't condone the means at which the paparazzi go about getting their photos (i think it borders on disgusting) but if these people weren't taking photos of the stars then we would forget about the stars, and the stars don't want that so they need to learn to deal with it...

Quote Originally Posted by shockwaveracing
    that is bullshit and you know it, she uses the media, as much as they use her, it is a 2 way street... she uses the media to promote what she does whether it be a movie or her music or whatever and paparazzi keep them in the media by photographing them... and like most other celebritites she bitches when they take a photo of her when it isn't convenient or is unflattering for her... if it wasn't for the paparazzi this poor little girl's star would have diminished long ago
    I am not really interested in defending her but I will address the assumtions and innacuracies you have brought up. Firstly I have no idea about what is bullsh!t or not with her. Clearly you are on more intimate terms with her to be able to make such clear judgments. She uses media to promote herself for sure. She or her agent or publicists pay and choose when and where. There is always the philosphical argument that any publicity is good publicity. Having pictures taken of you when you are not working (there is sometimes a presumtion that celebrities are the publics property wherever they are) and when you are pissed with a t!t hanging out is hardly behaviour that can be defended. I think that most celebrities handle the endless intrusion into their private lives pretty well considering the lack of litigations.

(around the same time we all realised she can't sing or act) and she would have faded into the background....
    I seem to remember her as a child acting in a couple of movies. I am not defending her acting or music (try singing) and I am sure there are a number of equally or even more competant young girls who can sing better but the price of that should not need be constant hounding and merciless criticism.

instead with good media manipulation, Lohan, like that other pop tart Nickelodeon/MTV retard Hilary Duff, are enjoying what comes with their 15 minutes of fame... unfortunately with her fame comes the "ugly" side, aka paparazzi trying to get every little piece of dirt they can on her just so they can get money...
    That doesnt mean its justified. Both of those girls actually contribute something whether you like it or not. The same cannot be said of the paparazi. Your attitude is the typical Aussie tall poppy syndrome.
    i don't condone the means at which the paparazzi go about getting their photos (i think it borders on disgusting) but if these people weren't taking photos of the stars then we would forget about the stars, and the stars don't want that so they need to learn to deal with it...
    I think the movies and music these people produce have a little more impact on their popularity than the opportunistic pictures of nipples on dodgy web sites and magazines I wouldnt wipe my arse with.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Thread Information