Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: porsche vs ferrari

porsche vs ferrari

who is better

I like the 911 more than the 360. But when it comes to Enzo vs. Carrera the Enzo wins 10-0.

Quote Originally Posted by dul
    I But when it comes to Enzo vs. Carrera the Enzo wins 10-0.
    Not sure.

For me, it's Porsche, even I think these 2 constructors are complementary (?! I don't know if this word exists...)
    Last edited by Piacki_117; 06-06-2005 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Piacki_117
    Not sure.

For me, it's Porsche, even I think these 2 constructors are complemeantary (?! I don't know if this word exists...)
    That was just my opinion. They're both good cars. I just personally don't like the Carrera GT for some reason.

what reason?

Okay, let me see. Ferrari is an automotive piece of exotic, fine art that looks wonderful, sounds wonderful, and performs wonderfully....for an outrageous price. Porsches are fast, beautifully engineered cars that look excellent to alot of peoples stlyes, and don't cost you an arm and a leg. Sure, they aren't as fast as the Ferraris, but they are close, and much less expensive.

Porsches I think are more everyday driving friendly and a Ferrari is for weekend cruises (I don't know, my opinion)

Anyway, I kinda like both. A Porsche for Monday-Friday and a Ferrari for Saturday and Sunday

With porsche, you get a option; you can get your laid back non-sport car, just to have and say i have a porsche, or you could get a nice sporty porsche. With Ferrari its sporty wether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by nikola scg
    what reason?
    I think it looks too ordinary. I'm not saying it's a bad car or anything but I just don't like it's styling.

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Wow.....amazing what the "search" button can do sometimes...
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...earchid=414154

They are both amazing cars. I think Ferrari's are more a track day car or a weekend toy thing, while most Porsche's can be either a track car/toy or an everyday car. I still think Ferrari is the better of the two though. I'd rather have a Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by dul
    I think it looks too ordinary. I'm not saying it's a bad car or anything but I just don't like it's styling.
    Hehe, I don't see how that works, but each to his own, eh?

Yes the Porsche looks more ordinary than the Enzo, but I think that the Enzo is hideous (for a Ferrari), wheras the CGT is beautiful. Plus you get a proper manual, and less of the BS.
    On a Good day, Chris Bangle designs the Fiat Coupe.
    On a Bad day, he designs a BMW.

R.I.P Richard Burns.

well I think the Topgear test carried out by Clarkson when he used Nick Mason's Enzo (the ex-drummer of Pink Floyd) makes it evident that the Ferrari is very superior to any other supercar. Yes, I do not like the design that much, but people always forget that Ferrari applied no compromise when designing the car, nothing, not even the design, all for one reason, to be the best.

Clarkson said that the Enzo is "the performance benchmark" and that the Enzo would "eat a Porsche GT". Finally he also said that the difference between the Ferrari Enzo and the Mercedes McLaren SLR "is as wide as the gap between Michale Schumacher and David Coulthard"

Topgear was not the only program or magazine to say such things, as there are countless magazines who acknowledge the Enzo's superiority. And not only for the Enzo, because Clarkson gave the same verdict for the Ferrari 360 Modena when he compared to the Porsche 911.....and we all know how he described a Ferrari and Porsche back then.......

It is just a matter of marketing really, I mean, the Ferraris are targeted to the extra-rich people who may only use it in the weekends or special occasions, whereas the Porsche owners may also want to use it daily, etc. However, when used on a track, it is normally a Ferrari strong point, whereas the everyday driveability and practicality may be a Porsche's strong area. That is why they different.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    Anyway, I kinda like both. A Porsche for Monday-Friday and a Ferrari for Saturday and Sunday
    im sure i herd that in another thread :P
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

It's hard because both have racing history,really nice cars but I would perfer Ferrari

there is no substitute
    pondering things

Thread Information