Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 600 Imola

Ferrari 600 Imola

Still heavily disguised under Ferrari 612 Scaglietti panels, the new car will be styled by Pininfarina and carries the internal codename F139. When it debuts at next year’s Geneva Motor Show it’ll likely to be badged either 600 Imola or 600 Maranello. It’s not just the test mule here that borrows from the flagship four-seater, as the production 600 Imola will also feature a version of the 612 Scaglietti’s strong aluminium structure. The result is that the new car will be bigger than the outgoing Maranello, with a wider track and longer wheelbase. However, with the use of aluminium there should be no increase in the current car’s 1,730kg kerbweight. The increase in size ensures the cabin will offer more space, and allow Ferrari to place the V12 engine as far back under the bonnet as possible to provide optimum weight distribution. Artists Impression of new Ferrari - © Auto Media

The engine will be a development of the 612’s V12 (itself a version of the 575’s powerplant), with its capacity raised to 6.0-litres and an output of between 560-600bhp. That should be enough to comfortably push the new car to in excess of 200mph, which it needs to if it’s going to compete with an ever-increasing number of 200+mph cars. Almost certain to feature is the steering wheel-mounted ‘Manettino’ dial which debuted on the F430. This rotary dial allows the driver to change the traction control and suspension settings much to your preferred settings – much like Schumacher does on a Sunday in his company car. Like Schumacher’s racecar and all new road-going Ferraris, the F1 paddle shift transmission will feature – the clutchless system now so popular as to wonder whether Ferrari will bother to offer a regular manual transmission.

sorry if this is a repost or sumit...
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's an old pic, mate.

the rear, sorry i havn't got enough piccies

Last edited by cuntukimushroom; 06-17-2005 at 07:28 AM.

I'll try to find more pictures.

Those are old, and they're also fake.
    The first pic is obviously a chop and the last two are spyshots of the 612 Scaglietti.

what ever, i give up. I'm never going to make new threads ever again.

"the clutchless system now so popular as to wonder whether Ferrari will bother to offer a regular manual transmission."

Because they know that the real drivers want it.

Quote Originally Posted by cuntukimushroom

i saw the exact same car in a dutch magazine.a reader had sent in a picture.i can scan it, but its only a tiny pic...

Quote Originally Posted by McLareN
    Those are old, and they're also fake.
    The first pic is obviously a chop and the last two are spyshots of the 612 Scaglietti.
    600 Imola test prototypes anre being tested under shortened 612 Scaglietti bodies (well at leat they have similar styling, as can be seen in the pictures). So those 2 pics are actually a 600 Imola being tested.

About the first pic, if it really does end up looking like that, well I will really finally forget about Ferrari.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    600 Imola test prototypes anre being tested under shortened 612 Scaglietti bodies (well at leat they have similar styling, as can be seen in the pictures). So those 2 pics are actually a 600 Imola being tested.

About the first pic, if it really does end up looking like that, well I will really finally forget about Ferrari.
    That's what I thought too, but it's just a chop mixing a 575 with the Enzo's head lights, so don't worry

Yeah, those pic's show a 612 body alike car, but it's shorter, I think ( I couldn't imagine fitting 2 people in the back of that car... )

Quote Originally Posted by cuntukimushroom

So many people don't know what the Libra is when we drive around in it, it is so tempting to put black bin bags on it to disguise it and drive around with a Ferrari badge showing or something! lol
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

suck ferrari[crap]

As B.A. Barracus would put it: "Shut up, fool."
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    As B.A. Barracus would put it: "Shut up, fool."
    WOUTEROWNED

I don't know whats going on here...

but i like it

Thread Information