31 31.63%
  • Dodge Viper SRT-10

8 8.16%
  • Lamborghini Gallardo

59 60.20%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: V10 battle! M6 vs. Gallardo vs. SRT-10

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    there is no way a SMG is more practical than a clutch and H-Gate shifter. SMGs, no matter who builds them, are notoriously average for day to day driving.
    hmm...so youre saying that if you were stuck in stop-go traffic that you would rather have to deal with a clutch then just clicking the SMG into fully automatic mode? ...suit yourself i suppose

gallardo......

Quote Originally Posted by BMW325
    hmm...so youre saying that if you were stuck in stop-go traffic that you would rather have to deal with a clutch then just clicking the SMG into fully automatic mode? ...suit yourself i suppose
    fully auto mode blows even more. Using the clutch is no problem for me.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Bmw E63 M6

the nuvorali will be a production car as the A6 coupe
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

I don't even get why anyone would spend their $80K on a Viper. 8.3L but only 500 hp??? Sure sounds like an American car to me.

Yea I'm going to have to choose the Lambo here. I mean, it's a Lambo. It's the car every boy has a poster in their room of.

Quote Originally Posted by Redemption103
    Yea I'm going to have to choose the Lambo here. I mean, it's a Lambo. It's the car every boy has a poster in their room of.
    not me....i had a Testarossa
    Last edited by targa; 07-06-2005 at 10:31 PM.
    pondering things

by the way, the SRT-10 does 0-60mph in 3.9secs. Faster then the Gallardo.

Quote Originally Posted by BMW325
    why is everyone so afraid of a clutch? i have seen a number of people complaining about how they hate driving in traffic with a manual

stop complaining

I don't even get why anyone would spend their $80K on a Viper. 8.3L but only 500 hp??? Sure sounds like an American car to me.

You bash the power-per-litre ratio of the Viper, but point something out for me then, because I am "obviously missing something". Just how does a high power-per-litre ratio increase performance? It does not itself affect power-per-kilo, so I do not see how having "only" 500 horsepower is bad. Also, no one seemed to mind when Pagani had Mercedes make their 7.2 litre 550 horsepower engines

Also, please...put down more of a reason for choosing one car over another besides one like popularity. Do you like the Gallardo's looks better? Or the engine sound? Or do you not like the Viper for it's looks, or "brutal nature", or build quality? I am not trying to bash your opinion, I am just curious as to the deeper reasoning behind your choice.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    You bash the power-per-litre ratio of the Viper, but point something out for me then, because I am "obviously missing something". Just how does a high power-per-litre ratio increase performance? It does not itself affect power-per-kilo, so I do not see how having "only" 500 horsepower is bad. Also, no one seemed to mind when Pagani had Mercedes make their 7.2 litre 550 horsepower engines

Also, please...put down more of a reason for choosing one car over another besides one like popularity. Do you like the Gallardo's looks better? Or the engine sound? Or do you not like the Viper for it's looks, or "brutal nature", or build quality? I am not trying to bash your opinion, I am just curious as to the deeper reasoning behind your choice.
    good point +1 imaghinary rep

a few things id like to say with say thought (i sitll agree with you though)

viper= 8.3L engine with 500hp
    zonda=7.3Lengine with 550hp

bhp perl litre:
    viper<zonda

But bhp per litrer isnt everything. Generally a car with near 100hp per litre is considered a pretty high performance car, thus that is why cars like the audi rs4 (4.2L 415hp) and carrera s (3.8L 355hp) and new m5 (5.0L 507hp) are very fast.

the viper is also very fast however they could have made it lighter by making the engine more efficient (heres where hp/L come into play). the smaller the engine the lighter it is, so why have an 8.3L engine and have only 500hp? thats a huge chunk of metal to have way up front, if they made a higher revving 5 or maybe even 6L engine they would save probably upwards of 200LBS with the 5L and still have 500hp. Then performance would increase, because of less weight to haul around. Even with the current engine they might have been able to mout it behind the transaxle, thereby improving handling, and eliminating alot of dive, squat and lean. The CoG would also have been moved towards the center, makeing better traction more than likely.

the viper is a great and fun car, i know several people who own the new one and love it. It sounds great, looks great, is fast, probably comfortable, but i doubt anyone would like it for its build quality or image.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

its a lambo for sure dawg, maybe you can get it with lime green paint, and chrome spinners.

a gallardo is twice as much as an srt/10. so why not pay half as much for something much faster, and that will probably get you more attention (seems like what your after )

True, the smaller the engine the better weight-wise. But specifically, it doesn't help at all. But also, horsepower does not matter all that much as long as the car is fast. Hey, look at the Elise. 190 horses, and it's faster then most things on the road.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

True, the smaller the engine the better weight-wise. But specifically, it doesn't help at all. But also, horsepower does not matter all that much as long as the car is fast. Hey, look at the Elise. 190 horses, and it's faster then most things on the road.
    its also quicker, which is what matters when some hondaboy pulls up to a light next to you

True, the smaller the engine the better weight-wise.
    what? how wouldnt weight help specifically, it would be EVEN FASTER for the same hp and also it wouldnt handle like a brick on a string

Thread Information