45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Evo VIII FQ400

20 44.44%
  • Nismo R34 Z-Tune

25 55.56%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Evo FQ-400 v Nismo Z-Tune

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    The point that has been made in the thread (which apparently you didn't read) was that WHEN are you going to drive at 30mph in 5th gear?? No one does that, so basically using the turbo lag as a way of putting the EVO down is pretty lame. At high revs the car performs amazingly well, nothing else should matter.
    i drive at 30mph in 5th gear, but thats to save fuel, if i wanted to go fast id still be in first

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    And not many people actually like doing high revs all the time- especially the morons who buy it that are obsessed with image. Think about it- when you are driving on the motorway, you're doing under 3000rpm mostly, and when you want to overtake the old git in a Volvo, you just don't downchange and drive like an arsehole. You go in 5th and you smoothly get past him (or 6th if you like). And it would be quicker doing this in a Skyline or Type-R.
    no it wouldnt, again look at the dame dyno graphs, the evo has max torque well below that of a skyline

you'd never pass in 6th or 5th, i dont care what car you're driving, you'd need to floor it to hit passing accel/speed, you shift to 4th and do it

Dude- I have been in all 3 cars (sort of). Let me explain.

Evo (FQ-320): Slower than the Civic Type-R driven by my mum. She's nuts, and the guy in the Evo was one of the aforementioned yuppies.

Civic Type-R: Shit uphill, but amazing zooming along a motorway.

Skyline: standard, rented for the weekend, my dad's ex-work colleague who has a habit of entering trackdays.

Now, the guy i nthe Evo had no clue what he was doing, and therefore got his arse whupped by a Civic. The Skyline was just blasting down country lanes, never going over 5000rpm. Amazing speed. I speak from experience, not out of my arse. Although you may see it differently, it's my opinion AND experience, not your judgement and knowledge.

The foot is more important than the shoe.

Dude- I have been in all 3 cars (sort of). Let me explain.

Evo (FQ-320): Slower than the Civic Type-R driven by my mum. She's nuts, and the guy in the Evo was one of the aforementioned yuppies.

Civic Type-R: Shit uphill, but amazing zooming along a motorway.

Skyline: standard, rented for the weekend, my dad's ex-work colleague who has a habit of entering trackdays.

Now, the guy i nthe Evo had no clue what he was doing, and therefore got his arse whupped by a Civic. The Skyline was just blasting down country lanes, never going over 5000rpm. Amazing speed. I speak from experience, not out of my arse. Although you may see it differently, it's my opinion AND experience, not your judgement and knowledge.

The foot is more important than the shoe.

no fq320 would be slower then a civic type r, regardless of speed, the torque graph of an evo completely overlaps the civic, and a regular 320 isnt geared as aggressively as a 400

there is no speed at which an evo would accell slower then the civic, either the guy in the evo wasnt tryin, or you went off a cliff, cuz thats the only way ud go faster then the evo

and show me a pic of your mom and her type r, what kind of a mother drives a type r ... the probability of that ever happening, and her being your mother, is zilch

again i seriously doubt you've ever bene inside a skyline, i doubt youve ever seen one in person either

please, provide some actual evidence and not mindless babling
    Last edited by nopassn; 07-18-2005 at 05:06 PM. Reason: play nice...

Sorry- it was before we bought the Nikon, about 4 years before we got the Canon, when I was in a Skyline. My tender years and time could have distorted my memory- but hey, you don't need to respect others, right?

If you knew ANYTHING about the guy (Tym Wright, at least I know that much, and that he lives in Tunbridge Wells, owns a 911 993 Carrera in silver, had a Ferrari 348 Spider, a Ducati, Mini Cooper S...) then you'd shut your trap and leave me alone.

If you want to see the Evo in it's "glory" then I'll be more than happy to post the pics. Just give me the breathing space to do it by tomorrow, in the morning, because they're on the iMac.

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    and show me a pic of your mom and her type r, what kind of a mother drives a type r ... the probability of that ever happening, and her being your mother, is zilch
    Did I even say she owned it? We were doing 100mph down a dual carriageway on a rain bleared afternoon, I'll find that video if you want. She wouldn't risk her own car at high speed to an Evo, you chauvinist. That's what dealers are for.

Sorry- it was before we bought the Nikon, about 4 years before we got the Canon, when I was in a Skyline. My tender years and time could have distorted my memory- but hey, you don't need to respect others, right?

If you knew ANYTHING about the guy (Tym Wright, at least I know that much, and that he lives in Tunbridge Wells, owns a 911 993 Carrera in silver, had a Ferrari 348 Spider, a Ducati, Mini Cooper S...) then you'd shut your trap and leave me alone.

If you want to see the Evo in it's "glory" then I'll be more than happy to post the pics. Just give me the breathing space to do it by tomorrow, in the morning, because they're on the iMac.

so now you suddenly know alot bout this guy huh??

so how exactly did he get an evo 8 this long ago ??

well see i dont really care how or what you remember, math doesnt lie

if you want me to super impose the torque graph of a civic type R on an evo (of whichever generation it supposedly is) then id be glad to, there is no way that a civic could accelerate faster then the evo, unless the evo was in too high of a gear

Did I even say she owned it? We were doing 100mph down a dual carriageway on a rain bleared afternoon, I'll find that video if you want. She wouldn't risk her own car at high speed to an Evo, you chauvinist. That's what dealers are for.

what ??

ok your stories arnt making sense anymore, first it's ur mom's civic, now its not

first it was an evo gainst the civic, which is confusing since now you supposedly know everything about this guy, and if he has that big a car collection, im pretty sure he'd be able to drive a car faster then your mother can, regardless of specs

go look at best motoring, top gear, laptimes at tsukuba and tg cirquit respectively, the evo wins by a HUGE margin, all the time, go to the nurburgring track times

just look at the freaking stats, the evo has twice the torque and horsepower, with a just barely a 30% difference in top speed, and a bit more then 200 kilos over weight, this becomes less significant with the drivers in the car, all other things being equal its impossible for the civic to win excluding driver skill and tyre conditions ect.

what would someone trust ?? math and statistics, or your ramblings which lack any form of evidence whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    what ??

ok your stories arnt making sense anymore, first it's ur mom's civic, now its not

first it was an evo gainst the civic, which is confusing since now you supposedly know everything about this guy, and if he has that big a car collection, im pretty sure he'd be able to drive a car faster then your mother can, regardless of specs

go look at best motoring, top gear, laptimes at tsukuba and tg cirquit respectively, the evo wins by a HUGE margin, all the time, go to the nurburgring track times

just look at the freaking stats, the evo has twice the torque and horsepower, with a just barely a 30% difference in top speed, and a bit more then 200 kilos over weight, this becomes less significant with the drivers in the car, all other things being equal its impossible for the civic to win excluding driver skill and tyre conditions ect.
    READ MY POSTS BEFORE YOU SPEW CRAP!

I have NEVER said my Mum has a Civic.

Tym does NOT own an Evo, the guy who lives on the street next to me does.

Tym used to have a Scoobie, but before you go off on another wild little ride, ignore that.

Tym rented a Skyline. It was amazing. R33. Jap import. Grey (colour). Faster than shit off a shovel.

Dude, learn to read and I'll respect you.

Here, evidence: Slower than the Civic Type-R driven by my mum

What is your major malfunction, numbnuts?
    Last edited by IWantAnAudiRS6; 07-20-2005 at 03:10 PM.

that's not evidence dipshit thats ur random ramblings ?? u got a video of that encounter ?? you got proof the guy in the evo was flooring it ?? u got proof that ur not a retard??

*Closed*

No one cares any longer, just you two trying to proof each other wrong about something that doesn't even have anything to do with the main topic.

Keep the personal attacks to a minimum next time.

Thread Information