Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Market Takeover??

Market Takeover??

It seems that reports on the new NF Hyundai Sonata point towards a possible market domination in Australia (& possibly the US), if buyers can kick the stereotype of the maker of 'cheap and cheerful' cars. I like the new Sonata and I like the price. What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by brum; 07-11-2005 at 08:05 PM. Reason: adding photos
    There are only two possible explanations: either no one told me, or no one knows.

The locals ads being run of the car are definately a step in the right direction, although it doesnt change by low opinion of Hyundai overall. The Sonata to me has always seemed to be a car trying to punch above its weight. For a while its been marketed as a large family car, where i think its more of a medium sized car
    I am the Stig

I've just got my Motor Magazine, and Apparantly they were trying to sell these cars to Journo's at Half Price. The offer was withdrawn quickly, but Motor Said they could be sold at Full price Easily.

Who knows, the Value buyer might just love this car.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

I'm amazed at how much Hyundai has improved over the past 10 years. It's really phenomenal how much they've grown. And, I know this sounds like pure speculation and it probably is, I've heard that both Toyota and Honda has setup internal committees solely focused on combating the future threat they see in Hyundai. In the US, the Sonata is the only car in its that offers 6 airbags and traction control standard. And to do that in a $17k car with a 100k mile warranty simply blows everyone else away.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    The locals ads being run of the car are definately a step in the right direction, although it doesnt change by low opinion of Hyundai overall. The Sonata to me has always seemed to be a car trying to punch above its weight. For a while its been marketed as a large family car, where i think its more of a medium sized car
    I beleive the Sonata is still, officially, classed as medium sized car, Hyundai claims the new Sonata is the widest car in the medium sedan segment and offers more front leg and head room than its competitors and, even, Commodore and Falcon sedans. In recent years I beleive that Camry and Magnas have opted into the Large class. Below are the comparisons of dimentions for Sonata, Commodore, Magna and Camry comparisons:

Length; S: 4800, Co: 4876, M: 4860, Ca: 4805

Width; S: 1830, Co: 1842, M: 1785, Ca: 1795

Height; S: 1475, Co: 1440, M: 1435, Ca: 1495

I think these comparisons show how the 'classes' are often very similar and even over lap. I think that the Sonata could easily be classed as a large car.
    There are only two possible explanations: either no one told me, or no one knows.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    I've just got my Motor Magazine, and Apparantly they were trying to sell these cars to Journo's at Half Price. The offer was withdrawn quickly...
    Chak out the Postscript At the bottom of this reveiw: http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/porta...opDefault.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    I know this sounds like pure speculation and it probably is, I've heard that both Toyota and Honda has setup internal committees solely focused on combating the future threat they see in Hyundai.
    I wouldnt be suprised if this was true, I never would have imagined myself buying a Hyundai 5 years ago, but it seems that in the years to come, this option will become a smart, cheap option that would almost be stupid not to consider.

I've supported Hyundai for years, but only the more expensive cars in the line. The accent/elantra aren't too good.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by brum
    Chak out the Postscript At the bottom of this reveiw: http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/porta...opDefault.aspx
    Might work for them in Australia.

BUT I'll bet they would NEVER want Jeremy Clarkson owning one.
    Imagine his comments ???
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Might work for them in Australia.

Imagine his comments ???
    In some consumer's eyes unfortunately JC is seen as God.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Would anyone
    I am the Stig

i read somewhere that in the future hyundai is planning to be more like mercedes and make more luxurios vehicles and kia (which they own) will become more like bmw and make sportscars. not saying its true but thats what i read.
    You two! Fight to the death!

They still have no diesel engine to match with this car, which will make selling much more difficult in Europe
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    They still have no diesel engine to match with this car, which will make selling much more difficult in Europe
    With the current ongoing developments, im sure one is on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I've supported Hyundai for years, but only the more expensive cars in the line. The accent/elantra aren't too good.
    I knew a bloke who owned a Hyundai Granduer (thats what its called in OZ) he had it in and out of the Hyundai work shop for about 4 years but somehow he could always find reason to rave about it. He replaced it with a commodore.

Thread Information