Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bentley Flying Spur - OVER 200mph at nardo. Not bad for a 4-seater :)

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    those cars are governed
    They only electronically restricted though, right? They could be removed for testing purposes, surely? I heard somewhere that BMW will remove the restrictor from your car if you first do a safety course of some description. Don't know whether or not it's true though.

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini
    They only electronically restricted though, right? They could be removed for testing purposes, surely? I heard somewhere that BMW will remove the restrictor from your car if you first do a safety course of some description. Don't know whether or not it's true though.
    yes but BMW is not keen on telling how many kph the customer is NOT going to get
    Last edited by henk4; 07-18-2005 at 11:24 AM.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

But who would use all of them, anyway? I'd have thought that it would be good for the bragging rights at the pub, that's ultimately what top speeds are for!

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini
    But who would use all of them, anyway? I'd have thought that it would be good for the bragging rights at the pub, that's ultimately what top speeds are for!
    The german civilised society has decided a long time ago to get rid of bragging rights and limit everything to 250 kph. Porsche never belonged to the civilised society and showed the finger. Gradually Audi and BMW are moving towards 270 kph, losing civilisation in the process
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by pergarec
    I think the new M5 did 330 KM/H.

Ive heard that that without the limiter it did 204 mph. Sorry but i'm not familiar with KMPH
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

everyone expected something close to the Continental GT anyway.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

I think the new M5 did 330 KM/H.
    Unfortunately they put the limiter on it so the ECU wont let it go above like 260 KM/H

Nothing that cant be removed though

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    Sorry but i'm not familiar with KMPH
    You would have some difficulties driving on the continent then.....

Bentley - the ultimate pimp truck

pity it can't do off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    Ive heard that that without the limiter it did 204 mph. Sorry but i'm not familiar with KMPH

Yes, that's about it.
    200mph - 320kph
    60mph - 100kph
    155mph - 250kph

Quote Originally Posted by MRR
    Unfortunately they put the limiter on it so the ECU wont let it go above like 260 KM/H
    It's limited to 250kph.

It's limited to 250kph.
    Some M5's had a "problem" with the limiter, i read a car test in Belgian "Autogids" and they said that when they took it on the circuit, it did more than 250 and didn't seem to stop, but because of bad weather condition (there was snow on the circuit) , they didn't push it to the limit for safety reasons...

Anyway, 250kph is really fast, more than fast enough, even on a circuit you will probably never do 300+ if your car would be able of doing that speed + if your responsible enough not to try it on the public road...
    Last edited by Fluppe; 07-19-2005 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Merc E 500 Brabus: 350 kph
    Audi S4 Cabrio MTM: 311 kph
    So the fastest four seater is the E500 Brabus, a V12 with 640 bhp
    Thats serious speed for a cab. Has Brabus given up on their EV12 megacar, cause that did 330kmh
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

my question.....could it do 200mph with me and three of my buddies in it?
    pondering things

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    my question.....could it do 200mph with me and three of my buddies in it?
    It's a BENTLEY.

It'll do that with the band gear in the boot, a couple of groupies on the floor (!) and 1/2 kilo of smack in the glovebox
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    It's a BENTLEY.

It'll do that with the band gear in the boot, a couple of groupies on the floor (!) and 1/2 kilo of smack in the glovebox
    some people always come up with the weirdest fantasies

Thread Information