Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mattg's Future Car

Mattg's Future Car

Wow, its time for me to get a car! Ive been looking at a few used car sites and classifieds and i have some ideas. Number one on my list is a Nissan 240sx/S14
    theyre RWD, relatively cheap, and have plenty of aftermarket support. *Note, I am not going to street race, so dont even start with that stuff*
    Heres one i found for 2K
    240sx

Another one is maybe a mid 90's and up Civic hatch or coupe. Theyre practically bulletproof, keep their value, and they can also look really nice if modded the right way.

Any advice/suggestions would be gladly appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by Mattg; 07-25-2005 at 06:53 PM.

Get it immediately before someone else does. Actually, at a ridiculous price like that, it's probably stolen/already sold. Act quickly.

if you can still get the 240sx, get it RIGHT now, that car doesn't sell for $2000 with such condition, it sells for at least $1000 more than that, you could even just buy and sell to make profit.

i mean my brother bought same 95 with ~125k for ~$3000, and it was auto! and that you are lookin at is manual!.(tho automatic isn't that bad on 240's, you only loose ~5hp more than the 5sp, as in you'll get ~130rwhp on a 5sp, you'll get ~125rwhp on an auto)
    Last edited by TheOne; 07-25-2005 at 07:53 PM.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

Better hurry up and get it before I do !

But if you don't get it and decide to get a civic, get one of the eg civics which is like the 1992-1995 models or something like that... Get the Hatch if possible (it's the lightest model). The eg civics are the best honda's to mod in my opinion besides the s2000. And if you plan on modding it, keep the cars weight LOW... It's all about weight with these things.
    Last edited by shr0olvl; 07-25-2005 at 11:14 PM.

what if that 240sx for sale is a scam like what happened to bluey? is that possible? just that price made me suspicious
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

What if its someone moving abroad and they need to sell the car immediatly?

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Reality is it's probably already practically taken

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    What if its someone moving abroad and they need to sell the car immediatly?
    What if it's real like that Lotus Esprit for $1?
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    Reality is it's probably already practically taken
    i agree, 240's are sellin nowdays cause of the drifting scene(which by the day, its mostly dumb kids who crash'em later on), when i was lookin for mine, i called at least 3 guys in autotrader and they all had sold'em, then the day that i went to buy mine, there was another guy who wanted it!, lucky for me he didn't need it that much as he allready had another 1, tho he was lookin for mine to put 1 of'em sr20's just like his had.(which was kool lookin btw, he even was offering more $$ but he let me buy it)

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

Heh, you guys are right it probably is already sold, but ill talk to my dad about callin the guy up, because noone wants to sell a car to a 16 year old teenager. I would probably get ripped off anyways. Btw, you own a 240? Got any pics? Sr20dett swaps are pretty popular w/ those cars. How much did you buy yours for?

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    What if it's real like that Lotus Esprit for $1?
    I think you missed the point of my post, that cars can be priced low for reasons other than illegal ones.

you dont know why its that cheap, it could have something wrong with it. Always take it to a PROPER mechanic you can trust, its worth spending $50 to save yourself thousands down the track.
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Mattg
    Sr20dett swaps are pretty popular w/ those cars. How much did you buy yours for?
    i thought they came with sr20dett? or i am i thinking of a 200sx
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

the sr20 never made it to america in a vehicle stock. they gave us the ka24 that was in the frontier i believe. but it was tuned for a car, still has more torgue and power na then a na sr20. some people have tuned that to be really powerful. it is a bigger engine.

yes, nissan gave the US the nissan 240sx with the ka24e and de(single and dual overhead cam), also there's no sr20dett, its just sr20det(tho there's people that have actually put 2 turbos in sr20's, cept those are mostly for show, just imagine the lag)

yes the ka came out of trucks and was then tuned for cars, the 4 cylinder version of the altimas come with the FWD ka24de. the sr20det did come in the 200sx in all other places though.

and yes the ka is quite a torquey engine for bein a 4 cylinder, there's a guy who made 630hp and 599tq at x psi, while sr20's fall off at ~400ish tq.(tho this can be part cause of the turbo setup, but it'll still fall off more than the ka)

the sentras i believe(maybe not the newest 1's) have an sr20de, or ve, but its a FWD version.

Thread Information