Thread: Ferrari test new V8 (audio file)

Ferrari test new V8 (audio file)

Earlier this week the new V8 engine was put through its paces and on its first outing was only 2 seconds slower than the V10 engined car.

It's a screamer:
    http://www.gazzetta.it/audiovideo/Fo...sto/10/Ferrari
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Ive heard elsewhere its running with a modified V10 block somehow, could provide a clue to its somewhat flawless run. Either way, within 2 seconds is pretty good regardless and shows a good indication of their determination to get back to the top of the podium
    I am the Stig

Yeah they ran the crankshaft and pistons in a V10 block a few weeks ago, but this a proper V8 mounted in a modified F2004. Toyota's V8 performance showed similar performance, lapping as close as 3 seconds off the pace of the V10, but that was a longer track.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

i read somewhere that the revs are now even as high as 20-000 rpm, cos of the v8 set-up.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    i read somewhere that the revs are now even as high as 20-000 rpm, cos of the v8 set-up.
    I heard that too...

21000 easy.

(Ted Joans)

LOL my RC car sounds better, in my opinion they're just going to sound worst and worst, i've got flys at home thank you.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Thread Information