Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some things you already knew, some you didn't...

I thought you were getting kicked outta your house by your mom or was that just another big lame lie to get attention ?

I have been. I'm staying at a friends so I can finish school.

Quote Originally Posted by stealth
    Bob Fabre. Or he might have kept his dad's name of Robert Neill.

Is that good enough you ****faces?
    Woah holy crap My names Robert Neill
    Robert Lee Neill III to be precise
    Last edited by laxplayer98; 08-15-2005 at 05:54 PM.
    My Photography robneill.deviantart.com

Quote Originally Posted by laxplayer98
    Woah holy crap My names Robert Neill
    Robert Lee Neill III to be precise
    Are you ****ing shitting me?

That's ****ing crazy. I'm telling my uncle about that.

Same uncle that has a TVR and Enzo and what not?
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

that had a TVR and had an Enzo for a short while... yes.

I was gonna say go a little easier on him, we'll see if he bs'in later, but I haven't seen any of his previous posts. I'm inclined to believe him at least some of it. The Corvette is almosty definite we've all seen the pictures, we'll see if it has 650 hp like he claims. The Camaro makes alot of sense if Chevy goes with the retro look and with a V8 on the base level it could take a big bite out of the market dominated by the mustang. The Hummer is also probable considering the sales of the H2 and H3, of course they're gonna cash in on this as long as they can. The other three are less likely, but Cadillac has been more performance oriented in the last few years (CTS-V) so it not impossible for them to be making a supercar.

This is thread has degraded to the point of being pointless. I'm very inclined to locking it or even deleting it.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

if your uncle has a position as high as that, why dont you go live with him and learn something. I have an idea as to why, maybe he doesn't exist.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

does your uncle mind you spreading this news on the internet? are you sure you weren't meant to keep it secret
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    This is thread has degraded to the point of being pointless. I'm very inclined to locking it or even deleting it.
    Please do.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

[QUOTE=stealth]GM is back, and with avengence.

As far as all the things I've read lately, and from my uncle, who is close friends with some of the largest figures in the Auto industry, I have some HUGE surprises...

Corvette Z06 SuperSport (aka-Blue Devil)
    Most of us know about this high performance machine, and we all know that at least 600 hp is expected. Well, good news for the all of you, expect at least 650. For about 95,000 American, you get 150 more ponies, and a high performance car capable of putting the Enzo to shame. Expect it by Fall 2006.
    Autoweek just did a story on the Blue Devil and no one, not even Bob Lutz said anything like it will beat an Enzo. That is really is over stating things. The Enzo is a production car. The Blue Devil is a work in progress. Until the Super Z06 goes into production and repsected automotive media groups can test it, statements like it will put the Enzo to shame just comes across as a fanboy statement.

For those interested in the Blue Devil, here is the URL for Autoweek
    http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102690

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 and SS
    We all know this too. But I betcha you didn't know that the base version will be the only car for under 22,000 that comes with a V8. No joke. Oh, and expect this car to be here by Summer 2008, and with the SS version pumping at least 480hp into that engine bay.
    Until GM delivers the new Camaro to dealer lots, I would not get to excited about it. GM is still bleeding badly and is facing many challenges. No doubt a new Camaro will come out, but the price and performance remains to be seen.

Cadillac Cien
    GM's first mid-engined production car is gonna make a gigantic splash on the aut industry. Expect Bentley Continental GT pricing and Saleen S7 performance when this all Carbon Fibre Supercar pops into showrooms in Summer 2007. Oh, and don't expect a Corvette Engine. It's all Northstar V8.
    Cien- The Cadillac Cien was introduced on the 2002 show circuit as Cadillac's way of celebrating it's 100 birthdayth (Cien is 100 in Spanish). Designed in the image of the US Air Force's F-22 Raptor Jet Fighter, the striking Cien was powered by a 750HP XV-12 Engine based on Cadillac's Northstar. Though the Cien will not make production, the XV12 powertrain is likely to see duty in an upcoming ultra premium sedan.
    SOURCE: http://www.gminsidenews.com/index.php?page=showcar

Cadillac Sixteen Sedan
    Not quite as big as the Concept, but big enough to scare the living crap out of a H1 owner, this Caddy will have a V16 engine, a collaberation of two Northstar V8's, and will produce a more healthy 800hp. Expect it to be here by 2009, and for the workers at the Maybach factories to be fuming with new ideas.
    Sixteen- Cadillac’s Sixteen is by-far one of the most astonishing concept cars to ever to come out of GM. With a V-16 power-plant that produces 1000 HP and 1000 lb-ft. toque, the Sixteen is a car that has yet to be matched. The purpose of the Sixteen was to showcase Cadillac’s next-generation Art & Science design theme, and show that Caddy still has the power to become the “Standard of the World.” Production for a Sixteen-like car is likely, however the V-16 powertrain is not likely to see production anytime soon.

SOURE: http://www.gminsidenews.com/index.php?page=showcar

And look out, because they're coming with they're weapons ready.

I have no personal loyalty to brands. GM has some interesting products. The C6 is a great car. For every bright spot in the GM line up, there are many not so bright spots.

Right now, I am going with the idea GM will be the #2 manufacture in the world behind Toyota by 2010, if not sooner. GM is scrambling to deal with a ton of issues such as labor, production technology, green technologies, and so on. The GM "employee discount" sale is being spun as a great marketing move, but if you look at the companies that have grown and had the least issues, they are companies like Honda and Toyota. They hardly ever run rebate programs. While GM is struggling to turn a thin profit, Honda and Toyota are making a healthy profit while growing sales. Ford and GM grow sales by taking huge hits in the profits which ends up giving them short lived growth and hardly any profits.

GM is a long ways from being back at this point. Maybe by 2010 they will be a healthy company. The automotive market place is changing and GM is scrambling to keep up. I know for many Americans, including myself, we like to GM doing well, but in my opinion it is better to be realistic.

Oh definitly, the SS Camaro is gunna have only 20hp less than the Z-06. Sure. Yeah, thats really believable.

GM is back, and with avengence.

As far as all the things I've read lately, and from my uncle, who is close friends with some of the largest figures in the Auto industry, I have some HUGE surprises...

Corvette Z06 SuperSport (aka-Blue Devil)
    Most of us know about this high performance machine, and we all know that at least 600 hp is expected. Well, good news for the all of you, expect at least 650. For about 95,000 American, you get 150 more ponies, and a high performance car capable of putting the Enzo to shame. Expect it by Fall 2006.

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 and SS
    We all know this too. But I betcha you didn't know that the base version will be the only car for under 22,000 that comes with a V8. No joke. Oh, and expect this car to be here by Summer 2008, and with the SS version pumping at least 480hp into that engine bay.

Cadillac Cien
    GM's first mid-engined production car is gonna make a gigantic splash on the aut industry. Expect Bentley Continental GT pricing and Saleen S7 performance when this all Carbon Fibre Supercar pops into showrooms in Summer 2007. Oh, and don't expect a Corvette Engine. It's all Northstar V8.

Cadillac Sixteen Sedan
    Not quite as big as the Concept, but big enough to scare the living crap out of a H1 owner, this Caddy will have a V16 engine, a collaberation of two Northstar V8's, and will produce a more healthy 800hp. Expect it to be here by 2009, and for the workers at the Maybach factories to be fuming with new ideas.

Buick Roadmaster
    Well... just what we need, another GM coupe and Convertible. This one will have rear wheel drive though, and a possible 420hp when it pops up stateside in 2007. Built on the same Corvette chassis and suspension setup as the XLR, this car will have a huge pricetag, and few will be made.

Hummer H4
    Great, another one. Well, not exactly. This time, it won't be so much off road king as cheap off road prince built off of the Equinox chassis. And it'll be more suited to a Younger Crowd, with an obviously lesser amount of money. Expect a concept of this $25,000 pony to be shown at the 2007 Detroit Auto Show.

Now, everything I just told you may sound like a lie, coming from me. It's not. Although I will be honest and tell you that GM isn't completely sure whether they'll produce some of these, especially the Roadmaster. But I can tell you that the Corvette SS, the H4, and the Camaro are coming.

And look out, because they're coming with they're weapons ready.

The only one of these i'd expect is the Hummer, as thats precisely the product GM knows it can sell, and sell well.

Is that a serious comment about the Enzo? No doubt the Z06 SS will be fast in a straight line, but i think the Enzo will have its number on anything else.

The Camaro, i dont know what to think about it. That and the mentality of many Americans behind it. It seems no one will be happy unless they can get a 350hp V8 for under $US25K.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    nah, we're getting some serious 'owning' posts going on.

respect to Kev for his post.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information