• Veyron

98 54.75%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Bugatti Veyron or Ferrari Enzo?

After watching Top Gear last sunday, it's impossible not to say Veyron
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    You've not read any articles about how well the Veyron handles then...
    As it happens, I have a subscription to car, and I watch top gear like the rest of you. My previous car being an elise, I have no time for the bugatti at all (opposite ends of the spectrum).

It's a truck, in much the same way as bentleys of old were.

C

Assuming that the overall consensus is that the Enzo is the better handler, and the Bugatti is better by far in a straight line, why not take the Ferrari FXX (Yeah, I know, it costs more than the Veyron, but bear with me). It is based on the Enzo, but has around 800hp and an improved aero package. Best of both Worlds?
    "You don't need macadamia nuts to ignore me completely."- Dr. Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Craigy
    As it happens, I have a subscription to car, and I watch top gear like the rest of you. My previous car being an elise, I have no time for the bugatti at all (opposite ends of the spectrum).

It's a truck, in much the same way as bentleys of old were.

C
    In the context of this thread what you're saying makes sense but the Veyron is not a cut and run type sports car.

Following that logic, GTs and sports sedans are all less capable than LWS-style cars.

EDIT: for clarification: LWS stands for light weight sports car.
    Last edited by PerfAdv; 12-13-2005 at 05:42 PM.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

hands down the veyron over the enzo, but on one of the Top Gear shows it showed all of the supercars; from the very well known mclaren f1 all the way to the veyron 16.4. The enzo had no chace of out doing the veyron or the Mclaren F1 well more to the point the Ferrari Enzo never had a chance with Mclaren F1 the enzo the new supercar from ferrari!!!!? pah I'd raller have the ferrari f40 then the enzo
    [FLASH] WHAT YOU THINK, YOU SEEN, YOU NEVER SAW HAVE NICE DAY [FLASH] MIB AND MIB2 ROCKS SORRY I HAVE TO NERLIZE YOU AGAIN [FASH]

Quote Originally Posted by F6 TORNADO
    Assuming that the overall consensus is that the Enzo is the better handler, and the Bugatti is better by far in a straight line, why not take the Ferrari FXX (Yeah, I know, it costs more than the Veyron, but bear with me). It is based on the Enzo, but has around 800hp and an improved aero package. Best of both Worlds?
    All 29 have been sold, and the FXX is not road legal. If you fancy a quick track car of this type, you'd probably do just as well trying to lay your hands on a real racing car like an audi r8 or similar.

I'd love to have a go in one :P

Craigy

hmmm I'd raller have the Mclaren F1 GTR1 racer if I want have not legal car to drive on the roads of America.
    [FLASH] WHAT YOU THINK, YOU SEEN, YOU NEVER SAW HAVE NICE DAY [FLASH] MIB AND MIB2 ROCKS SORRY I HAVE TO NERLIZE YOU AGAIN [FASH]

Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling
    At that sort of speed tiny changes make a huge difference. I'm sure you'll agree there's more to it than 'a wing and revised suspension'.
    Aerodynamics are never going to radically transform a cars handling.

Stick a few wings on a Range Rover and it isn't suddenly going to handle like an Elise...

If McLaren's suspension settings on the LM/GTR were so brilliant, why would the settings on the standard F1 have been as bad as you seem to imply?

So it stands to reason that the original car was not a "pig".
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Craigy
    I have no time for the bugatti at all
    Only because you can't justify the knock-on increase in rates for your IT services...
    Thanks for all the fish

Aerodynamics are ever going to radically transform a cars handling? So, if you took all the wings off an F1 car it'd go just as quick? Or, adding more downforce at the front wouldn't improve high speed steering? Are you mental? Anyway, we're not talking about transforming a Range Rover into an Elise - that would be stupid. We're talking about altering an existing car's charateristics on the track.

On the road you're right (you notice I said, "on the track, it handles like...") - you're probably not going to be moving quickly enough, but on a track it takes a lot more than good suspension to win races.

well lets see how would the enzo and veyron do on 1/4 given the time it takes for the enzo and veyron to get the times and speeds as the NHRA drag racers. If you've ever seen a NHRA drag race with a topfueler and another one the 2 topfuelers dragsters racing body's only have one thing to do keep the topfueler planted to the 1/4 surface and to have the topfuelers aerodynamics kick in right after the starting line and they reach speeds on the 1/4 from 200mph to 340mph and if you think I don't know what am talking about watch a NHRA topfueler qualy or the head to head racing to the end when they give the first place trophy to the winner of the final drag race of topfuelers. The go amry topfueler has reached 340-341mph on a 1/4 even though the NHRA dragsters are not road legal, I wuold want to have the aero and the hp of the NHRA topfueler for specs for what ever car I get in the very near future.

my spelling is so well lame. That's why I never rush or get to hepped up on a subject, because if I do this happens
    The go amry topfueler has reached 340-341mph on a 1/4 even though the NHRA dragsters are not road legal, I wuold want to have the aero and the hp of the NHRA topfueler for specs for what ever car I get in the very near future.
    I miss spelled the word army and would so don't lecture me on it.

Your pointing out that passage? Sorry mate, but a few full stops would help the whole thing!
    Porsche!

whatever or more to the point RazaBlade NVM!!

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MOPAR KICKS ASS
    well lets see how would the enzo and veyron do on 1/4 given the time it takes for the enzo and veyron to get the times and speeds as the NHRA drag racers. If you've ever seen a NHRA drag race with a topfueler and another one the 2 topfuelers dragsters racing body's only have one thing to do keep the topfueler planted to the 1/4 surface and to have the topfuelers aerodynamics kick in right after the starting line and they reach speeds on the 1/4 from 200mph to 340mph and if you think I don't know what am talking about watch a NHRA topfueler qualy or the head to head racing to the end when they give the first place trophy to the winner of the final drag race of topfuelers. The go amry topfueler has reached 340-341mph on a 1/4 even though the NHRA dragsters are not road legal, I wuold want to have the aero and the hp of the NHRA topfueler for specs for what ever car I get in the very near future.
    yes, but are these dragsters any good ant going round corners? or are they road legal?

Thread Information