Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • M3

38 53.52%
  • C6

33 46.48%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 05' BMW M3 vs. 05' Chevrolet Corvette

Tire spinning sideways action id take the vette. The era of deep throaty V8's are coming back with there massive litres. The bmw's torque does not compare. For what it really matters id take the Vette. Faster, better gas milage, more torque. Its all about the torque.

I'll take the new 'vette loads of magazines rate it above the porsche 911 a car I rate above the M3

i'll take the vette over the m3, some of you say american vs german engineering blablabal, the vette gets better gas milage than the m3, and the m3 has a much smaller engine.(isn't it the smaller the better gas mileage?:P), more hp and who knows about the handling, the M3 weights 300 pounds more than the vette.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

I would like to see a LS2 and a M3 engine both hooked up to massive turbochargers and see which engine breaks first.

BMW- holds it's value, a real street sleeper, can fit the baby chair in the back, can screw with a girl in the back, can listen to the AMAZING engine sound, not as fast as a Corvette but a damn sight better put together, RHD in Britain, tight around corners, looks yummy...

Vettes hold there value to have u recently priced out a C5 corvette?

Here, an American car is worth shit. The German ones really hold. Bad news for used buyers!

Corvettes here cost nothing, but the M3's are still expensive. We don't dig Yank Tanks.

Id take the BMW anytime, even if a corvette was beside it in a used car showroom for $10,000 cheaper.

AF

Corvette any day ill take V8 over V6, M3 is fast dont get me wrong,but it dose not have that V8 feel or the sound to it.
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

"Here, an American car is worth shit. The German ones really hold. Bad news for used buyers!

Corvettes here cost nothing, but the M3's are still expensive. We don't dig Yank Tanks."

I'm confused because It was my understanding that it was expensive to get a corvette in other countries which is why they were not as competitive in the market. Comparing the market for the car in YOUR country as a whole representation of it's quality and status is ludacris.

And what is this about Yank Tanks? I assume that means american cars that weigh a lot and guzzle gas. You've seen in this very thread that the Corvette has better fuel economy and that it weighs less than the M3.

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroMan
    Corvette any day ill take V8 over V6, M3 is fast dont get me wrong,but it dose not have that V8 feel or the sound to it.
    Qman, the M3 is an in-line six
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

If were in the market for either of these two cars, I'd go for the C6 Corvette. This generation of the M3 is on it's way out, like MP said, the next generation M3 is due to have a 400 V8 in it, about damn time too. If that version of the M3 was available, I couldn't decide untill after I test drove them both. But come to think of it, I'd go for the Z06 in any event.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

I'd like to point out that while the vettes engine doesn't make much more horsepower than the M3s for it size advantage, it does have considerably more torque. I love the M3 its a great car, but because its German does not make it a better car than an American car.

Quote Originally Posted by 3spddrft
    "Here, an American car is worth shit. The German ones really hold. Bad news for used buyers!

Corvettes here cost nothing, but the M3's are still expensive. We don't dig Yank Tanks."

I'm confused because It was my understanding that it was expensive to get a corvette in other countries which is why they were not as competitive in the market. Comparing the market for the car in YOUR country as a whole representation of it's quality and status is ludacris.

And what is this about Yank Tanks? I assume that means american cars that weigh a lot and guzzle gas. You've seen in this very thread that the Corvette has better fuel economy and that it weighs less than the M3.
    Learn to use the "Quote" button

The standard price here was £70,000 for a C5 convertible, at least that's how I remember seeing it in Top Gear. Used values are crap because it's LHD and poor quality, never mind if it's fast or not

I am comparing it to my market because- NEWSFLASH- I live here!!! How about that! I'm saying what would be best for ME (P.S. ludicrous is not just a rapper...).

Most American cars are tanks- and yes, whilst the economy may be better CLAIMED I think that if you put it into practise, you'd find that, in cities, and on the motorway, the M3 would kick the crap out of a 'Vette for economy. A high-tech, 3.2 six plays a 6.0 V8 with... is it 3 valves per cylinder? I can't remember. Never trust claimed figures. In fact, Autocar state 26 mpg combined for the BMW M3, and 23 for the C5 Corvette, which has a smaller V8. Granted, the new car is lighter, but the Vauxhall Monaro with a 6.0 LS2 does an average of 17.6 mpg (Top Gear Magazine). It may be heavier, but the new 'Vette would still have a similar late-teens, low-twenties figure.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    Learn to use the "Quote" button

The standard price here was £70,000 for a C5 convertible, at least that's how I remember seeing it in Top Gear. Used values are crap because it's LHD and poor quality, never mind if it's fast or not

I am comparing it to my market because- NEWSFLASH- I live here!!! How about that! I'm saying what would be best for ME (P.S. ludicrous is not just a rapper...).

Most American cars are tanks- and yes, whilst the economy may be better CLAIMED I think that if you put it into practise, you'd find that, in cities, and on the motorway, the M3 would kick the crap out of a 'Vette for economy. A high-tech, 3.2 six plays a 6.0 V8 with... is it 3 valves per cylinder? I can't remember. Never trust claimed figures. In fact, Autocar state 26 mpg combined for the BMW M3, and 23 for the C5 Corvette, which has a smaller V8. Granted, the new car is lighter, but the Vauxhall Monaro with a 6.0 LS2 does an average of 17.6 mpg (Top Gear Magazine). It may be heavier, but the new 'Vette would still have a similar late-teens, low-twenties figure.
    not to mention that chevy's "claimed" figures in particular are overly optimistic, they calim 4.2 for the 0-60 on a corvette, porsche claims 4.8 for the carrera s, when tested by autoweek, they founf the numbers to be exactly the opposite
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Thread Information