Thread: Is it possible....

Is it possible....

I have a DVD of a really great White Stripes concert(Under Blackpool Lights) and I was wondering if it's possible to put it on to some sort of editing program(like Premier Pro or Muvee(sp?)) and rip the sound track to an audio disc. If anyone knows a way to do this, can you lead me in the right direction?

much thanks
    pondering things

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    I have a DVD of a really great White Stripes concert(Under Blackpool Lights) and I was wondering if it's possible to put it on to some sort of editing program(like Premier Pro or Muvee(sp?)) and rip the sound track to an audio disc. If anyone knows a way to do this, can you lead me in the right direction?

much thanks
    i nearly went to that concert, it was about 20 mins from my house, ended up that i went rallying and only 1 of my mates went
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Targa, what you can do is download Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ ), then Lame's MP3 Encoder (http://lame.sourceforge.net/).

What these 2 tools (absolutely free too btw) allow you to do is among other things record any sound that comes out of your PC's speakers. The Lame MP3 encoder is just so you can record it directly to MP3 instead of WAV or OGG.

What you do is in Audacity, select stereo-out/ RCA-out or something like that as your primary recording device, start your DVD, then just hit record in Audacity. Let the song in the DVD finish, hit stop in Audacity, trim the edges, then save your extracted sound file.

Pretty simple eh? Not as simple as it sounds though. Give it a try, if you have problems let me know and I'll help as far as I can.

much thanks

It is totally possible and simple if you use DVD Audio Extractor. If you want to add me to your MSN ([email protected]) I'll give you the program. It's very small.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    It is totally possible and simple if you use DVD Audio Extractor. If you want to add me to your MSN ([email protected]) I'll give you the program. It's very small.
    I don't have MSN, Could it be sent through email?
    pondering things

It is if your e-mail accepts 1 Mega files.

I believe Gmail does.....I don't see why it wouldn't.
    pondering things

I believe Gmail does.....I don't see why it wouldn't.

then what's your e-mail adress?

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    then what's your e-mail adress?
    oh yeah, I meant to put it in the last post, sorry

[email protected]
    pondering things

Thread Information