Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best european supercar?

To me its the Ferrari F430 Scuderia. It won't beat all those baddies like the Pagani Zonda F on the track, however I've always liked the sense of optimism from Ferrari in the Scuderia, especially making a car that can lap Fiorano as fast as their might Enzo.

Bugatti Veyron - 1001hp, AWD, fastest road car, rich interior.

Audi R8 - beautiful (all black), good engine with nice sound, Quattro, high quality, price.
    Last edited by Drones; 04-09-2008 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightwind View Post
    While the Carrera GT is rather pretty for a Porsche, and is incredibly quick, I personally find it's clutch too heavy to drive comfortably. Still a great car though.

I'll say the Veyron for its all-round comfort and performance, and as an everyday GT, the 599 GTB, DB9, V8 Vantage or Audi R8
    if the veyron is comfortable enough, why would you need also an everydady GT?! btw, the level of performance of such cars is no more related to them but where you are driving them.

for everyday utilization, i guess a maserati gran turismo could be a good choice, while for track days, i would take a good gt3 rs, kinda stereotype, but it works. then, such thread aren't very useful, since a good car enthusiast is involved in a everyday research for the best car for his evolving standard. maybe tomorrow i will be more "enthusiast" and my everyday car would be an Ariel atom...who knows...
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    if the veyron is comfortable enough, why would you need also an everydady GT?! btw, the level of performance of such cars is no more related to them but where you are driving them.

for everyday utilization, i guess a maserati gran turismo could be a good choice, while for track days, i would take a good gt3 rs, kinda stereotype, but it works. then, such thread aren't very useful, since a good car enthusiast is involved in a everyday research for the best car for his evolving standard. maybe tomorrow i will be more "enthusiast" and my everyday car would be an Ariel atom...who knows...
    But the thing is you usually try to lean on your preferred characteristics, so that usually your choices while different maybe usually are quite similar.

Even within a specific car type (supercars in this case) there are differend kinds of approaches which means that propbably who'd choose a car that follows an approach wouldn't chose a car that doesn't follow that particular point of view.

There different types of supercars, ones that emphasise drama and excitement (Lambos, Zondas), some that priorise speed (Koenigseggs) and some are all-rounders (Veyron). My point is, probably someone who likes a Zonda wouldn't choose a Veyron or a Koenginsegg.

Probably...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Probably...
    exactly!
    i love the Zonda and i used to dislike the Veyron. but for at least a couple of months, i would have buy the last one (hypothetically, of course). i started to think about its characteristics and purposes, and i found it has a sense, even if it remains too expensive and a little disappointing from the reliability point of view (50.000 km warranty, second key for top speed mode, 15 minutes of life for the tires at top speed, top speed reached with an absurd configuration about aerodynamic and height from the ground). it was a long mental process, but it finally brought me to choose a car totally different from my standard. then, i think i will never like to own an hummer, i hope.
    then i have to admit that are some characteristics, some factors, which are common in our choices, and in a way, performance a part, i think even a zonda and a veyron have something in common. it's relatively a point of you, about what you are looking for in a car, and what you see in it. it's a sort of "attitude".

MC12 Corsa Or Ascari A10
    mc 12 corsa.jpgAscari A10.jpg
    If you have God on your side, everything becomes clear.

Ayrton Senna

The MC12 is not a Corsa, but rather a standard one tuned by EDO.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The MC12 is not a Corsa, but rather a standard one tuned by EDO.
    it's a corsa indeed, karabegovic bought both standard MC12 and corsa and this one is the latter
    12 cylinders or walk!

re:

I would have to say either the veyron or the enzo.... or the zonda is up there too.... but i really really like the r8!!!!!!!!!! isnt the best... but its dam good lookin...... overall i say the veyron....

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    it's a corsa indeed, karabegovic bought both standard MC12 and corsa and this one is the latter
    he is right, and you can recognize the standard MC12 since he left the standard wing, even if he painted it in a not so good black and orange scheme, inverting the colors for the Corsa which is posted here.
    Edo was also triyng to put a plate on the Corsa, but i don't know if he finally did it. an ex-dtm pilot who bought a black Corsa also used the car on the road and appeared at last year Villa d'Este, but then it seemed the car wasn't still registered for road use and he got a fine for that.
    i met the Maserati's PR at last years Modena Terra di Motori, and i discovered while speaking to him that he didn't know anything about that...
    Last edited by LeonOfTheDead; 04-14-2008 at 12:58 PM.

My personal favourite is the Veyron. It is an amazing piece of engineering. It's a luxury car... on top of a super... hyper car.

The Lamborghini Reventon comes close for it's exclusivity, and it's evocative styling.

However, none of these are really... "good." They're both too expensive for what they are. So for something more serious, I'd recommend Koenigseggs.

Those are just my personal opinion.

The best?

I honestly dont think there is a best supercar, but i love the DBS it is a great car. I think it depends on everyone for someones is the enzo, bugatti or any other really fast car.

Quote Originally Posted by jones.dk View Post
    What do you think is the best European supercar?

My favorite is the MB Mclaren SLR
    Ferrari F50. Closest anyone has ever come to making an F1 car road legal.

what about the caparo..?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by 60Valves View Post
    Ferrari F50. Closest anyone has ever come to making an F1 car road legal.
    I like the F50 from a mechanical and purpose point of view but the styling is too subdued and beautiful in an almost feminine way for a car like that. They should have seen what makes the F40 beautiful and built off that, the F40 is great because it's so raw and focused, it all has a purpose, the Enzo is similar in the way that form follows function but the F40 is better looking and it was the last car made before Enzo died so that means something as well.

I love the way the Carrera GT looks, its absolutely the most beautiful german supercar ever, I respect the performance of the Veyron immensely but it doesn't do it for me in that it is the wrong way to make a supercar imo, they took a luxury car and gave it immense power and technology to make a statement and set records, but I would prefer a lightweight supercar thats focused on a purpose, the Zonda series does this for me, as does the MC12 and I love both of them but if it came down to one car it would be the F40, assuming I had an SUV or sedan for everyday practicality
    -Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

-I thought the blacks in Baltimore were bad, shit, they’re nothing compared to these fags you got here in San Francisco…haha.

-Kenny Powers

Thread Information