Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Best european supercar?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Damn, are they ugly...

I'd rather be driving a Ghibli.
    Which Ghibli ?

Of course, MB SLR McLaren 722. Incredible car!

even though it's an automatic?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by sansev View Post
    Of course, MB SLR McLaren 722. Incredible car!
    but with horrible brakes. They have no feel.

I consider the f40 to be the greatest European supercar.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    I consider the f40 to be the greatest European supercar.
    Here is a good Ferrari F40 road trip article:

http://www.ferrarilife.com/library/d...type=flq&id=88

You might need to login to access it. Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by wt888 View Post
    Which Ghibli ?
    Original one obviously.

Not the Detomaso abomination...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Porsche 959 and/or GT1 Street

Ascari A10

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche View Post
    Porsche 959 and/or GT1 Street
    The 959 is amazingly expensive to maintain. Much of the work can only be done at the factory in Stuttgard. Very good article in Octane earlier this year comparing the F40 with the 959.

Sorry but that is not correct. Adjustable suspension was an option on the F40 and standard on the F50. Switch to raise or lower the suspension is on the dashboard to the left hand side of the steering wheel.
    i googled this argument, and find few but i guess good results: you were right.

but with horrible brakes. They have no feel.
    i guessed they fix the problem in the 722 since it was known immediately after the deliver of the first SLRs to the press. but i still have to read a real test drive of the 722 edition.

The 959 is amazingly expensive to maintain. Much of the work can only be done at the factory in Stuttgard. Very good article in Octane earlier this year comparing the F40 with the 959.
    since you can purchase such a car, the costs shouldn't be a problem, if you did some right calculations. considering its short production run and the complexity of the project, i am not surprised about the fact you need to send the car in Stuttgard, like the CLK GTR, even if for customers living out of Germany and neighboring countries they send their technicians to fix "ordinary" problem.
    i think that i would like to recover each of my supercars in its own main factory, since i guess i could afford it and it would be more "satisfacting" and maybe even better done.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    i googled this argument, and find few but i guess good results: you were right.

i guessed they fix the problem in the 722 since it was known immediately after the deliver of the first SLRs to the press. but i still have to read a real test drive of the 722 edition.

since you can purchase such a car, the costs shouldn't be a problem, if you did some right calculations. considering its short production run and the complexity of the project, i am not surprised about the fact you need to send the car in Stuttgard, like the CLK GTR, even if for customers living out of Germany and neighboring countries they send their technicians to fix "ordinary" problem.
    i think that i would like to recover each of my supercars in its own main factory, since i guess i could afford it and it would be more "satisfacting" and maybe even better done.
    On the SLR, I don't believe teh problem was fylly resolved

Regarding the Porsche 959, it needs to be used regularily or all sorts of things start to go wrong. Major issue is with the suspension and AWD system.

On the SLR, I don't believe teh problem was fylly resolved

Regarding the Porsche 959, it needs to be used regularily or all sorts of things start to go wrong. Major issue is with the suspension and AWD system.
    do you know which kind of problem affect the suspensions? i can imagine the problem related to the AWD system, since without a regular use it could have some problem of lubrication and of deformation/tear of the elastic gaskets. since it was basically a road legal prototype, no surprises.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    do you know which kind of problem affect the suspensions? i can imagine the problem related to the AWD system, since without a regular use it could have some problem of lubrication and of deformation/tear of the elastic gaskets. since it was basically a road legal prototype, no surprises.
    Basically all of the above. When they sit, gaskets harden, lubrication jells, and all osrts of thinks go wrong with leaks and tears. A higher mileage regularily used 959 is a much happier car than a low mileage garage queen.

Basically all of the above. When they sit, gaskets harden, lubrication jells, and all osrts of thinks go wrong with leaks and tears. A higher mileage regularily used 959 is a much happier car than a low mileage garage queen.
    i understand, more, i know, but, a suspension is a different component, it doesn't have so much elastic or even perishable parts. unless it used a multi-link system, which is not.

Thread Information