Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clarkson hit in face by pie!

Clarkson hit in face by pie!

Quote Originally Posted by Press Association
    Broadcaster and columnist Jeremy Clarkson's big day ended in tears after a protester hit him in the face with a custard pie at a degree ceremony.

The outspoken Top Gear presenter was at Oxford Brookes University to collect an honorary degree in recognition of his "passion for engineering", highlighted by his championing Isambard Brunel in the Great Britons BBC television series.

But the decision has proved to be controversial and protesters, including members of Oxford's Green Party, assembled outside the presentation dressed in Clarkson's trademark tight jeans and wigs.

Despite stringent security cordons and a massive police presence that outnumbered the handful of protesters waving banners that read On Yer Bike Clarkson at the gates, a woman managed to gain access to a media call after the degree ceremony.

She dashed out in front of the television cameras and, as Mr Clarkson posed in his cap and gown, removed what appeared to be a custard pie from a wrapped-up Guardian newspaper and hit him full in the face.

The startled presenter maintained his cool, quipped "good shot" and posed for a few more pictures before beating his retreat.

Mr Clarkson has been criticised for engaging in stunts such as driving a 4x4 through an environmentally sensitive peat bog in Scotland and inciting people to break the law by hiding mobile phone use while driving.

Speaking shortly before the assault, he defended his record on environmental issues, saying: "I do have a disregard for the environment. I think the world can look after itself and we should enjoy it as best we can."

But while protesters outside denied any involvement in the prank, they said Mr Clarkson was a "dangerous buffoon" who did not deserve any recognition.

Nearly 3,000 people have signed an online petition against Clarkson receiving the honorary degree.

Copyright (c) Press Association Ltd 2005, All Rights Reserved.
    Damn straight, it's about time someone brought that idiot down a peg or two!

Plus I hate all this 'honorary degree' nonsense. It's all just fairly cynical PR work by both University and the celebs who accept them. The Unis get the exposure of being linked with a well known face and the celebs get the kudos of being made to look intellectual and important by doing sweet F.A.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

I so thought it was Kelly Clarkson......bummer
    pondering things

i'd like to see a pic of him

btw, i think all those protesters think in the very same way as globalist - they're making protest without even thinking against
    12 cylinders or walk!

thats kinda funny, but i feel bad for him (tho i have no idea who he is). whatever, just one of the drawbacks of being a public figure.

some of them were bikers as he has on a number of times suggested forcing them off the roads and shotting them.

Bikers are not a group to antagonise
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi
    btw, i think all those protesters think in the very same way as globalist - they're making protest without even thinking against
    Well I think the protestors have a valid point when he comes out with moronic comments like, "I do have a disregard for the environment. I think the world can look after itself and we should enjoy it as best we can."

Clarkson is in a position of certain responsibility where a lot of viewers take a genuine interest in what he is saying. With comments like this he is effectively promoting a flippant disregard for the environment. He deserves all the pies they can throw at him for that kind of idiocy IMHO.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    Well I think the protestors have a valid point when he comes out with moronic comments like, "I do have a disregard for the environment. I think the world can look after itself and we should enjoy it as best we can."
    He'd get the republican presidency nomination for that
    What's the problem ? Global warmign is a myth !!

Clarkson is in a position of certain responsibility where a lot of viewers take a genuine interest in what he is saying. With comments like this he is effectively promoting a flippant disregard for the environment. He deserves all the pies they can throw at him for that kind of idiocy IMHO.
    In the UK MOST know his sense of humour and can understand to take his comments as they are intended. I would contend that those protesting would not have watched much of TG and been incited to it by the coverage of his comments "out of context" - it's an ENTERTAINMENT program

And I say that as a biker who screamed at the TV at his anti-bike comments !!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Jack....where did you get the KABBADI thing for your signature, do you play?

leftists are funny

At least the degree they gave him was relevant to him, he bangs on and on about engineering. If you watch him on top gear for even 5 minutes, you can see he is a master of the hyberbole
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by kennyknoxville
    thats kinda funny, but i feel bad for him (tho i have no idea who he is). whatever, just one of the drawbacks of being a public figure.
    on a car forum and you don't know who JC is?
    you never seen Top Gear?
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyknoxville
    leftists are funny
    might be, EXCEPT that over here most 'greens' are conservatives or Lib-Dem voters who moved to green for their conscience.

The world isnt' dominated by blind partisan politics

PS: enjoy ----
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 09-12-2005 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra
    on a car forum and you don't know who JC is?
    you never seen Top Gear?
    nah. is that show on speed? is he that hick? the hicks a cool guy

Since we're on the this topic: Bill Gates getting pied in the face in 1998.
    http://www.StupidVideos.com/?VideoID=15
    I would of uploaded a higher resolution video, but it was 2.2 MB.
    "Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." -Warren Buffett

I find the whole thing hilarious. Its like a sitcom, TV presenter spontaniously gets an honorary degree, and the whole cap n' gown was pretty funny.

You can make anyone sound bad stating their quotes out of context.

Thread Information