Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JavaScript error?

hmmm, anyone investigating this to give input, check the settings on the Tools.. Internet Options.. Advanced... and the Disable Script Debugging and Dsable error notification.

Sill me, I had it turned off from previous supprot I was giving someone.
    ( Reminder to self ... when walking it through with a "customer" remember to turn your own one back )

For most users you want these boxes ticked as after all who cares about odd-ball errors if it doesnt' affect the web page.

FF is handling it 'better' and by default FF doesn't tell you about any script errors and expects you to play with the JavaScript console.

Another example of why having too many options can be a problem !
    If you tick the boxes in IE it will avoid the error for everyone hitting it until I can discuss why it's making the call anyway
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Hey Matra! Was that you who added me to your contact list in MSN? I've added the person, but wasn't sure who it was. Obviously a WRC fan, whoever they are ...

I'm a project manager for a technology firm and former web developer (sometimes still called in to service, though a bit rusty ), hence I never turn off client-side script error alerts - I need to see them for testing purposes (as do you normally, by the sounds of it). That's why I'm always the one who finds these things ...

You're right - it doesn't affect the page.

It's not the forums - just everywhere else.

Cheers!
    "Work is the curse of the drinking classes."
    Oscar Wilde

Classic Motoring Blog -
    http://classicmotoring.blogspot.com/

Thanks for all the input, the error has been fixed as far as I can see. If you still get errors please do report here. Don't forget to check your cache first, so hit F5 and see if it happens again. It should only happen on the mainpage as it was a menu-issue which happens only with IE. To all the Internet Explorer users, just one thing: www.getfirefox.com

- TrueChaoZ

Nice one! Works great!

LOL @ getfirefox.com - fair enough. Actually, I have Firefox - I just can't be bothered to fight the constant "make IE your default browser" battle with Windows! IE is easier...
    "Work is the curse of the drinking classes."
    Oscar Wilde

Classic Motoring Blog -
    http://classicmotoring.blogspot.com/

Thread Information