Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pics in Sigs

I believe we should have pics in signatures. If you're so against it, it's called going to the User CP then Edit Options then uncheck "Show Signatures."

Let us have pics in our signatures, each individual user can turn them off if they feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lets Gekiga In
    I believe we should have pics in signatures. If you're so against it, it's called going to the User CP then Edit Options then uncheck "Show Signatures."

Let us have pics in our signatures, each individual user can turn them off if they feel like it.

It's not as much a question of you believing we should have. Is a question of the administration of the forum and the moderators deciding you should or shouldn't have. No one on this forum uses pics on their signatures because the majority thinks it's uselless and just complicates the use of the forum. IF you want to use one you should read this thread and follow the majority opinion.

Anyway, your sig is not working.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by UCR
    Yeah i understand the reasons for not allowing sig pics, distracts and creates nightmare for the people intrested in the subject, but i like my sig pic at SCF.net
    Cos i made it......

Good self confidence there aye Jim

The final word on this is: NO.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    The final word on this is: NO.
    You can turn sigs off if you really don't want to see them, it's as simple as that.

You can turn sigs off if you really don't want to see them, it's as simple as that.
    I know, but I could not live without them.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    It's not as much a question of you believing we should have. Is a question of the administration of the forum and the moderators deciding you should or shouldn't have. No one on this forum uses pics on their signatures because the majority thinks it's uselless and just complicates the use of the forum. IF you want to use one you should read this thread and follow the majority opinion.

Anyway, your sig is not working.
    If you're so against it, you can go to the User CP then Edit Options then uncheck "Show Signatures."

Can we have a poll and see what the majority wants?

If you're so against it, you can go to the User CP then Edit Options then uncheck "Show Signatures."

This is not a democracy.

(Ted Joans)

Equally you can print out your picture sig and stick it with blu-tak to the screen below each of your posts for the necessary strokes
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Can't you understand that we like sigs but with no pics? I sometimes like to read what people have in their sigs. Sometimes it shows something about the member. It's nice.
    Pics just make navigation through forums more complex and slow.
    The administrator is telling you he doesn't want pics in sigs. Is that enough?
    Come on, I'm sure that's not that important. Please, just keep around and enjoy the forums as they are.

How much server space will this save actually ? every single post ever made would have a 20kb or more picture with it. that is 20kb for hundreds of thousand times.Saves money,annoyance and more work for the mods,removing not-suitable ones. I can understand why it is not allowed.To be honest, i do not give a f**k whether i have a nice sig or not.

The post would only keep the link to the sig, drakkie, so it's only the space for one sig per person that woudl be the space issue.
    Average comms time assuming a busy cache would be the the problem for dial-up users and others.
    But as already alluded to, the pictures detract from the reading and understadining of information. It's fine for fun-fest-forums, but not for anythign where serious conversations are being shared.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I think more of the problem is that most of your avatars are way too huge. I suggest getting them down to a somewhat decent size around 64x64.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    Can't you understand that we like sigs but with no pics? I sometimes like to read what people have in their sigs. Sometimes it shows something about the member. It's nice.
    Pics just make navigation through forums more complex and slow.
    The administrator is telling you he doesn't want pics in sigs. Is that enough?
    Come on, I'm sure that's not that important. Please, just keep around and enjoy the forums as they are.
    Meh, text sigs do blow.

With text sigs it's like the GameFAQs forums...

I think more of the problem is that most of your avatars are way too huge. I suggest getting them down to a somewhat decent size around 64x64.

Do you think you are the first here thinking about those things? This forum is on-line since 2003. Almost all options were discussed between members, admin and moderators. You are not a prophet with great news. The avatars are just right how they are.
    This is a forum where there are rules. Stick to them and that's it. End of question. I guess there is no need to close this thread, is there?

Please try to be understanding.

Thread Information