54. You may not vote on this poll
  • bimmer

32 59.26%
  • merc

22 40.74%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mercedes or BMW luxury?

Mercedes or BMW luxury?

Which of these two prominient German luxury brands would you rather buy from?

I am a BMW fan 100%.

i definately agree. as a 7 series owner (well not me but my dad) i definately agree that bmw is better. the 7 has almost equal luxury with much more driving fun and much more bang than an equivilently priced benz, S class shall we say. if u wnted to go into the triple digits, then i would say mercedes amg, but bmw delivers more bang for the buck while still providing exceptional luxury.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

i also definatly prefer the 7 series bimmer over the mercedes S class. Both are very nice, dont get me wrong, but i prefer the much more responsive handling on the bimmer then the mercedes and plus i think the styling of the BMW is much more appealing which really sets the car above the mercedes.

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari
    i definately agree. as a 7 series owner (well not me but my dad) i definately agree that bmw is better. the 7 has almost equal luxury with much more driving fun and much more bang than an equivilently priced benz, S class shall we say. if u wnted to go into the triple digits, then i would say mercedes amg, but bmw delivers more bang for the buck while still providing exceptional luxury.
    very well put...my dad also has a 7 series (1995 740i to be exact) and my friend's dad has a 1995 s500. the s500 is indeed an exceptionally good car but again i feel the bmw is better all around

Quote Originally Posted by mawi427
    very well put...my dad also has a 7 series (1995 740i to be exact) and my friend's dad has a 1995 s500. the s500 is indeed an exceptionally good car but again i feel the bmw is better all around
    hey Mawi i think your wrong, im pretty sure is a 1996....lol

firstly this tread is titled luxury not bang for your buck or whatever one of you mentioned. so keeping in that theme and irrelivent of cost mercedes have it over BMW in every respect.

in terms of performance they also win the, S600 outperforms the new 765 in terms of power, 0-60, 1/4 mile, etc.

if you can get the Top Gear review on the S600 v Audi A8 v Maybach you will know why the BMW can't compete with the merc....

second if you are talking about bang for your buck at this level you either can't afford the high end model or are a tight ass... jk however if you do bring price into the equation then the BMW certainly holds it own.

but my main beef (because i was a devout BMW fan untill the new 7 series came out) is that it is the ugliest luxury car on the road. this is not an unfounded statement, every review i have read on it (about 6) and the 2 TV reviews i have seen (5th gear being the more prominent one) said the looks of it let it down.

personally i would prefer the last 7 series era like the one in the film the transporter!!!!!
    Last edited by @wall; 06-08-2004 at 06:55 PM. Reason: typo
    "WHEN IT'S GAME TIME, IT'S PAIN TIME TIME BABY! WOOOH" ~ Terry Tate

Quote Originally Posted by @wall
    firstly this tread is titled luxury not bang for your buck or whatever one of you mentioned. so keeping in that theme and irrelivent of cost mercedes have it over BMW in every respect.

in terms of performance they also win the, S600 outperforms the new 765 in terms of power, 0-60, 1/4 mile, etc.

if you can get the Top Gear review on the S600 v Audi A8 v Maybach you will know why the BMW can't compete with the merc....
    I agree completely, you shouldnt talk about the best luxury car and bring in bang for your buck
    To Some, a rusted out 1989 GMC Suburban* is trash

But to Me, its home

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    For luxury cars, I only would rate two things. Comfort and looks.

I'd go with the BMW. Both are very comfortable, but I like BMW designs much more.

a lot of this depends on your opinion of luxury...i personally do not consider 12894710239847 computers thinking for me while im driving to be 'luxury'. yes i do realize that bmw's have computer operated systems(good luck finding any upper level modern car that doesnt .)however most mercedes that i am aware of have much more computer operated everything than a bmw. in one of my R&T they stated taht the bmw was the luxury car to be drivin and the mercedes is the luxury car that is drivin for u.

Mercedes: Pass the tea, vicar.
    BMW: Gimmie the f-ing beer.

'Nuff Said..

Merc. BMW Style and iDrive is ughhh, but their engines and speed are great. Their luxury isn't up to par with mercedes, or so i feel. Merc, on the other hand, has the same prices, if not maybe a bit higher or lower in some cases. However, what puts merc ahead on my list is their AMG availability, superb power/engine, styling, and interior quality and design. BMW I would give 8/10 right now, Merc: 9.5/10, the big downside to the BMW being design for sure, although it is debatable and depends on opinion.

Mercedes hands down. If you're talking about luxury then the S600 is the top of the road. It's classic looks, compared to the retro styled BMW 7 series let it win alone. In a review the S600 was the most comfortable car of the lot. Merc even have a Cl65 which is luxurious and sporty at the same time
    Also if you talk about bang adn performance, do BMW have a supercar that can match it to the SLR and the SL65? I don't think so. Do they have a car like the CL class, or the CLS class? NO.
    You also have to remember that Mercedes do make the Maybach, and none of you will argue that any Beemer, or even any other car, comes close to beating it for luxury.
    "Please, just stop blabbering! If you want to blabber...go to supercars.net cause UCP aint gonna accept this kind of behaviour." - Gtek-i

http://junaman.wordpress.com/ New articles up.

Id rather be driving a CDXi Vectra.More bang for your buck and the quality is the same as base model beamers and mercs.If not better.
    Sant0
    www.sant0.com

Do Mercedes have a car thats anywhere near the size of a Golf, that doesn't look like a Suzuki Wagon R in a wind tunnel? And one that gives a damn good driving experience? Have a slice of humble pie..

WEll we are talking luxury here and a hatchback isn't the most luxurious car ever.
    Also BMW don't have one yet.
    "Please, just stop blabbering! If you want to blabber...go to supercars.net cause UCP aint gonna accept this kind of behaviour." - Gtek-i

http://junaman.wordpress.com/ New articles up.

Thread Information