Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got a new accessory for my digicam.

Got a new accessory for my digicam.

When I got my new Canon S2 IS a few weeks ago to my disbelief it only cam with a 16mb memory card so I bought a 512mb high speed card at that time. I debated about getting a 1gig card later but today I was shopping and found this handy 20gb portable hard disk for not much more money than a 1gig high speed card costs. So this weekend when I'm at the Petit Le mans I don't have to worry about pic size or filling up my card, I'll just dump the card on the spot and shoot away! The Inoi hard disk is about the size of a pack of cigs...very nice!

http://www.inoi.com/English/HD182.asp

Cool! Nice find!
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

How much did you pay for it?
    I've been thinking of getting some different lenses, filters and accessories for my S2.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    How much did you pay for it?
    I've been thinking of getting some different lenses, filters and accessories for my S2.
    I paid the impatient price of $185...but with some internet shopping you might find a price around $170 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    When I got my new Canon S2 IS a few weeks ago to my disbelief it only cam with a 16mb memory card so I bought a 512mb high speed card at that time. I debated about getting a 1gig card later but today I was shopping and found this handy 20gb portable hard disk for not much more money than a 1gig high speed card costs. So this weekend when I'm at the Petit Le mans I don't have to worry about pic size or filling up my card, I'll just dump the card on the spot and shoot away! The Inoi hard disk is about the size of a pack of cigs...very nice!

http://www.inoi.com/English/HD182.asp

I have one of those! It's great to don't have space worries.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

can you use an ipod for the same purpose?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

So this weekend when I'm at the Petit Le mans I don't have to worry about pic size or filling up my card...
    all you have to worry about now is batteries...
    does your camera accept standard AA or AAA? ive had a few times where storage was not a problem but went through a set of batteries quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyperl
    does your camera accept standard AA or AAA? ive had a few times where storage was not a problem but went through a set of batteries quickly.

I'll answer for him,AA, it's amazing how long one set lasts. I've been getting around 400-500 pics, a few mintues of video and upload out of one set.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    can you use an ipod for the same purpose?
    yeah, thats what i do
    Don't bother me, I'm probably working while posting...

UCP's biggest...oh man...i got nothin'

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyperl
    I have two sets of rechargeable AA's....they do very well on endurance.

I'm so angry! I lost over 200 photos that I took at Petit LeMans that I 'thought' were transferred to this hard drive...but to my extreme dismay their instructions are incomplete...I took the instructions with me to be sure I was getting everything right but they left out one step, the one where the data transfers. Nothing I can do except be angry now.

I have a few shots that I took from dusk through the fireworks after the race...but auto focus cams don't really work well on moving targets in low light. The fireworks program worked great, I'll post some later...but the meat of all my photos from the weekend are lost.

I have a pair of rechargables, last about 7 hours on one charge, so when i was at the ALMS@limerock, i filled up my card 14 times. Thank god i had an MP3 player, which does teh same capabilities as the h/d.

I'm so angry! I lost over 200 photos that I took at Petit LeMans that I 'thought' were transferred to this hard drive...but to my extreme dismay their instructions are incomplete...I took the instructions with me to be sure I was getting everything right but they left out one step, the one where the data transfers. Nothing I can do except be angry now.

I have a few shots that I took from dusk through the fireworks after the race...but auto focus cams don't really work well on moving targets in low light. The fireworks program worked great, I'll post some later...but the meat of all my photos from the weekend are lost.
    always check to ensure a full download and always always format your CF card before shooting
    Don't bother me, I'm probably working while posting...

UCP's biggest...oh man...i got nothin'

That sucks, sorry to hear that Dino.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. If there is a lesson to be learned here, it's never use a piece of equipment in the field for the first time. Always get familiar with it when the mission is not critical that way there is no worries when you need to count on it.

I had the same problem when I tried using my camera for video the first time. I was recording a speech, and when the first memory card filled up, I tried to quickly swap them out before the file was completely saved to the card. I ended up losing it completely.

>8^)
    ER

Thread Information