Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forums problems......

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,

Forums problems......

I've notice that a lot of ppl just come to UCP just to show off their stuffs, some real and some fake. Then afterwards, they just stop posting. Sometimes I even see ppl coming in and advertising stuffs. I suggest that we deactivate accounts which have been unused for like half a year or so or if intentional spam on first post.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

I am not bothered by people who don't post. People who do post bother me sometimes
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Guest Guest
    why not make it so after a certain amount of inactivity (eg 9 months) then your account gets deleted

the thing is a lot of people just sign up so they can look at pics posted on the forum, and aren't interested in posting. They might make one or two, but thats not what they want to use the site for

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    the thing is a lot of people just sign up so they can look at pics posted on the forum, and aren't interested in posting. They might make one or two, but thats not what they want to use the site for
    What about deleting members that haven't even logged in for over a year and still have 0 posts?
    Last edited by shr0olvl; 10-07-2005 at 04:27 AM.

How many fricken times has this been covered? There is no point whatsoever of deleting accounts. It is not doing anybody any harm. I have no problem with people coming on and looking at pics, without posting. Just have a browse through website discussion to see how many threads on this have been done, and you'll also see some of the reasons why we shouldn't do it.

if it doesn't take a lot of place on the web host (call that as you want) , it's useless to delete them...

Yeah we have been over and over this. We don't need to delete accounts. Why do people who don't post bother you so much?
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

plus im guessing UCP gets a little kickback from its sponsors for each member we have
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    plus im guessing UCP gets a little kickback from its sponsors for each member we have
    Why ??
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    Why ??
    Because it shows that someone was interested in the site to take the time to sign up, which in turn means they spent more time exposed to their ads?

Hmm...are there ads on this site? I can't recall if I've seen any or not.

Well, my idea worked in theory anyway.

^^what he said, its all a matter of exposure to the companies ads, if there are 12,000 members instead of 1,000, chances are more people are going to be viewing the ads for said company, and therefore theoretically more products will be bough, and they want to have an incentive for their "ad-runners"

^^what he said, its all a matter of exposure to the companies ads, if there are 12,000 members instead of 1,000, chances are more people are going to be viewing the ads for said company, and therefore theoretically more products will be bough, and they want to have an incentive for their "ad-runners"
    a very substantial part of UCP is not a forum member at all.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

meaning...? im confused

meaning...? im confused
    that is not only the forum members who generate UCP income

Thread Information