Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A question of ethics

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    I struggle with this whole thing when viewed from an American perspective becaues of the green-card lottery run every year for illegal immigrants. Is it still done?
    Yes it's still done, but Mexico and most Latin American countries aren't eligible for the lottery due to the mass migration the US already has from these countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    It is the government CONDONING and turnign it's back on the reality of illegal entry as it allows many each year to convert their status to legal !. It's either wrong or not to be illegal, to allow a lottery to make the legal conversion is against every legal principle posssible !!!!
    And to qualify, you have to apply at the American Embassy in your home country and prove you have never been deported from the US as an illegal alien. So, no it's not against any legal principal.

Since illegal Mexican workers aren't eligible for the government lottery, the US goverment isn't condoning anything. What many migrant workers that have been living and working in the US for years have been fighting for is for their situation to be legalized becuase they have proven to be productive members of society and like I've said many times, do work Americans won't.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by Godlaus
    They didn't speak english, they actually complained to my manager that I was being racist ( I work at the Food court at Target), by telling them that they ordered the hot dog, not the hot dog combo, and that's why they didn't get the drink they were looking for. They had a translator complain to my manager, and could barely speak english to me, I had to piece it together.
    The fact that they didn't speak English doesn't prove the are illegal aliens. They could be people that just recently got their green cards legaly.

But you can speak english well enough for someone to understand it, and will speak english to a stranger on the street, because it is the designated language.
    Not in Miami, LOL.

Also, in Washington, our illegal immigrant base is huge because of the sudden demand for agricultural workers during crop season. Then, the farmers hiring them can pay them minimum wage (which is the highest in the country) and claim they didn't know that they were illegal.

So, our illegal to legal immigrant ratio is a lot higher than in other states.
    That's the problem right there, if you want to stop illegal immigration...don't hire illegal immigrants. Why do the farmers hire them for crop season? Because American born workers wouldn't be cought dead doing what illegal immigrants do!! And I doubt very much they pay the the legal minimum wage.

If the people are suing you, I doubt they are illegal aliens, they would be too afriad to get cought and get deported...good luck with that.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Yes you can tell Mexican Spanish from other forms of Spanish because there are certain words that are said differently. If you speak the form of Spanish spoken in Spain you will notice and Maxicans will notice that you, and they, are speaking a different kind fo Spanish...

Quote Originally Posted by PininfarinaPIMP
    I know, im saying hes trying to say that immigrants are illegal BECAUSE they have a HUGE family and a shitty income.
    um...no im not, i was saying that the traits you mentioned are common traits amongst illegal immigrants, of which there are very very many here in Texas.

listen to taz
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

So I have tis ethical dilema I'm a little curious about.

Here in washington state, it's deemed (by some over-funded government study) that there are more illegal immigrants than legal immigrants. So, when I'm at work, and 2 mexican ladies come in with their kids, looking like they don't earn that much money, and don't speak any english, is it okay for me to presume that they are illegal immigrants?
    I have lots Mexican friends, they are one of the nicest and hard working people you'll ever meet, plus have you ever seen an illegal immigrant stand on the corner and beg for money? NO! they radar sell apples and flowers then beg.
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroMan
    hard working people you'll ever meet
    you can say that again! they bust their ass 24/7, my dad's business involves a construction crew, some of which im positive are illegal, but they work their ass off constantly, they never take a break unless told to! it amazes me, if we all had that work ethic i guarantee we'd all be millionaires!
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    And to qualify, you have to apply at the American Embassy in your home country and prove you have never been deported from the US as an illegal alien. So, no it's not against any legal principal.
    aha, I'd been told you could do it electronically and it left a huge hole open allowing illegal immigrants to apply and if one all they had to do was leave and then return and at the border coming back declare themselves. Sounds as if I got told a too simplified description as they didnt' mention it didnt' cover Mexicans.
    What many migrant workers that have been living and working in the US for years have been fighting for is for their situation to be legalized because they have proven to be productive members of society and like I've said many times, do work Americans won't.
    Yeah, when I lived in Everett it was pretty obvious that without the boats bringing Mexican workers that the grapes woudlnt' be picked !!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

move to Canada everbodys an immigrant and you cant tell whos who and whats what

SEA-TOWN W00T

yeah i noticed that too, like of mexicans in seattle these days. At the subway i go to (lol) theres 4 mecicans on 2 different shifts, no white, blacks, asians. And at teh subway west of my house (lol..) theres only 1 non-mexican. preeetty crazy.
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

Yes you can tell Mexican Spanish from other forms of Spanish because there are certain words that are said differently.
    Yes there are, but can you give me examples? How you tell the difference?

If you speak the form of Spanish spoken in Spain you will notice and Maxicans will notice that you, and they, are speaking a different kind fo Spanish...
    What version of "Castellano" do you speak?

Yes you can tell Mexican Spanish from other forms of Spanish because there are certain words that are said differently. If you speak the form of Spanish spoken in Spain you will notice and Maxicans will notice that you, and they, are speaking a different kind fo Spanish...
    Jeez, you're dense. He's completely agreed with you for the last 4 posts. What he's asking is how you personally can tell the difference between different dialects within the Spanish language. Not whether it can be done, but how YOU can do it.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Jeez, you're dense.
    LOL, that's an understatement

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    He's completely agreed with you for the last 4 posts. What he's asking is how you personally can tell the difference between different dialects within the Spanish language. Not whether it can be done, but how YOU can do it.
    Thanks for putting it into simpler form for him.

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    The fact that they didn't speak English doesn't prove the are illegal aliens. They could be people that just recently got their green cards legaly.
    Right, but like I said, thanks to a government study, there are said to be more illegal immigrants than legal immigrants. And I was asking as to what was better to presume. But, I figure that that like they said, it's better to presume all illegals as legal than one legal as illegal. I do this because it doesn't have as much of an effect on me so much more than an opinion. It was something that directly affected me, then we'd have a very different situation.

That's the problem right there, if you want to stop illegal immigration...don't hire illegal immigrants. Why do the farmers hire them for crop season? Because American born workers wouldn't be cought dead doing what illegal immigrants do!! And I doubt very much they pay the the legal minimum wage.
    Washington agriculture economy is based on illegal immigration. It would be badly wounded if it wasn't. And if the farmers can prove that they paid them minimum wage and 'thought' they were legal, they can get away scott-free.

If the people are suing you, I doubt they are illegal aliens, they would be too afriad to get cought and get deported...good luck with that.
    It's dropped. They found out that another co-worker was there who listened in on the entire thing and realized that they had no case.
    Sometimes the best view of heaven is from hell.

Hmm...oohh....Wow!! These are delectible! Good news, Flappy! I'm not going to kill you!

Thread Information