Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which country makes or has made the best supercar?

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    Hey, America may not have an extreme supercar right now. But sooner or later it will come, the new Chrysler may be the first step in creating an American Supercar race.
    Yeah they do. Saleen S7 and Ford GT40.And what about the Venom Vipers?

Quote Originally Posted by carlover
    Yeah they do. Saleen S7 and Ford GT40.And what about the Venom Vipers?
    Yeah... or... The Chevy Aveo?
    Stickers add horsepower. I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    do subarus count? like the wrx sti 22b! thats a killer car! 0-100 4 flat! top speed of i think 295kph not sure on the 400m times (quarter mile). but it is very cheep compared to all these cars you guys are talking about, not 2 mention the skyline, but the 22b killed it at a trackday event recently!
    this is european cars not japanese .

Dunno, maybe germany or Italy.

USA- ME 4-12
    Or maybe UK-Bristol Fighter
    But my vote has to go to...
    Sweden, for the Koenigsegg

Has to be britain, Astons, TVR, Ultima, there amazing
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich
    UK Cars....get off the f.cking fanboy rant. Britain makes some great cars, but they don't make the be all end all of automobiles. Shit, they don't even build the F1 anymore.

I don't understand what it is with the freaking fanboys on this message board. It seems to be divided into morons who love only german cars, morons who only love asian cars, people who actually know quite a bit, people who actually want to learn something, and who knows what else? Open your minds people. Pride is one thing, but ignorance seems to be tied right into it. Maybe I'm misjudging you, but judging by your title and your qoutes in this thread, I've made a fair judgement.

That being said, I live in America, appreciate American and Foreign cars (to me), and I have to say that Italy makes the best supercars of all. Ferrari is constantly raising the bar, Lamborghini is close behind, now Zonda comes out with a slammer...not to mention the history of fantastic cars that come out of italy.

As much as I hate listening to the fanboys on this site talk about german cars, Audi and porsche among others do make some fine cars. You've got to admit that America does have some extremely fast cars also....no way are they the best, but not to be ignored, either.

I don't think any other nation quite compares to the output of supercars from italy. Year after year, they are pushing the limits.

amen bro, i have to agree with you

every year, italy produces the most desirable supercars ever. ther hot, fast, sound great and have history behind their badges

with cars like the Enzo, Zonda, Murcielago Rodster and Maserati MC12, i think they are on top of the world for supercars

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    Has to be britain, Astons, TVR, Ultima, there amazing
    I agree with that. But have we forgotten the Stealth B6?

Belgium for sure

The best car is the Gillet Vertigo - It's the fastest car in the world to do a 0-100 Km/h

Sweden ---> Koenigsegg CCR

#edit
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjim
    Belgium for sure

The best car is the Gillet Vertigo - It's the fastest car in the world to do a 0-100 Km/h
    What source do you have???

According to UCP.com:
    Gillet Vertigo 0-60 mph Acceleration: 4.2 s

According to gilletvertigo.com:
    Gillet Vertigo 0-60 mph Acceleration: 3,266 s (world record... so they claim)

According to UCP.com:
    Koenigsegg CCR 0-60 mph Acceleration: 3.1 s

According to koenigsegg.com:
    Koenigsegg CCR Acceleration 0-100 km/h (0–62 mph): 3.2 s
    Last edited by andy.muc; 09-30-2004 at 02:55 AM.
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

I wouldn't say the Chrysler ME412 is really a 'true' American supercar. For starters, the engine is made by Mercedes-Benz and the chassis was developed by Pagani. The Saleen S7 is the first true American supercar. I must say that I thought America was just incapable of building a proper supercar but when the Saleen S7 came along, it changed my opinion.

Italy makes the best supercars. I mean the Pagani Zonda and the Ferrari Enzo. Britain makes very beauitiful supercars and germany has had some big hits too.

will i ll take this way...
    1}FRANCE-BUGATTI
    2}ITALY-LAMORGHINI
    3}GERMANY-PORSCHE
    4}AMERICAN-CORVETTE
    5}ENGLAND-?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

SWEDEN has the best supercars...............koenigsegg CCR

england: aston martin, noble, TVR used to be british now its russian
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    You go Sandwich!!!

Hey, America may not have an extreme supercar right now. But sooner or later it will come, the new Chrysler may be the first step in creating an American Supercar race.
    Other companies are soon going to build their own and the competion will begin, possibly some day out doing many european cars in the areas of styling, horsepower, and pride
    I'm willing to bet that the day is near when the American forum on this website will be more popular than the European one

But i will still always love a good old Ferrari
    American car makers don't care about super cars all they want is mass production cheep cars my friend, thanks to GM for keeping the Corvette,Europeans build there cars whit pride we have long, long ways to go,and as far as "sooner or later" goes? Audi is coming out whit this new super cars soon Le Mans Quattro, Nuvolari w/600 hp.

P.S I like the pic's you put for use....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Quote Originally Posted by QUATTRO MAN
    will i ll take this way...
    1}FRANCE-BUGATTI
    2}ITALY-LAMORGHINI
    3}GERMANY-PORSCHE
    4}AMERICAN-CORVETTE
    5}ENGLAND-?
    That is a bit of a half-assed opinion. I take it you put Bugatti first because the Veyron will be the fastest supercar so that automatically makes it the best. BTW, the Veyron might never make it into production so it isn't a supercar, but a concept car. And you put the corvette instead of Chevrolet because the corvette is Chevrolet's only superca,r if you can call it a supercar that is.

Thread Information