Thread: Ultimatecarpage.com update (10-26-05)

Ultimatecarpage.com update (10-26-05)

Many of Porsche's racing successes have been scored in the gruelling 24 Hours of Le Mans race where the German company has been a dominating force since the 1970s. The first overall victory was scored with the 917 K in 1970 almost twenty years after the first Porsche was entered in the endurance race. In 1971 the twelve cylinder racer continued Porsche's Le Mans success and quickly grew to become one of the marque's most legendary cars.
    Today we take a closer look at the 917's history illustrated in a 24-shot gallery. Four cars are captured by Wouter Melissen competing in the Classic Endurance racing series on two of Europe's finest tracks; Spa Franchorchamps and Monza. Enjoy!

Porsche 917 K
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...php&carnum=418
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

stunning pics. i've seen the one on top of the forums fro a while and always admired it.

thanks very much

My fav car , thanks a lot

i would like to know if the pics are available in highres in the forums. i did a quick search and could not find them.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo
    i would like to know if the pics are available in highres in the forums. i did a quick search and could not find them.
    I'm guessing you won't find them in hi-res... They are pics taken by Dubbya, and it's highly unlikely that he will post them in hi-res.
    ...Utah! Get me two...

Quote Originally Posted by nopassn
    I'm guessing you won't find them in hi-res... They are pics taken by Dubbya, and it's highly unlikely that he will post them in hi-res.
    really? why?
    its a damn shame if he doesnt, they are pretty nice. especially the ones of the gulf 917.
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo
    really? why?
    its a damn shame if he doesnt, they are pretty nice. especially the ones of the gulf 917.
    Unlike most pics posted in the forums, these are unique pictures taken by a professional photographer. Attending and covering these events is an expensive business, especially considering the top notch equipment used to shoot these cars. There is one higher res 917 K available in the wallpaper section. If you really want high res version of these images you can purchase them for $10 each for personal use only, so no reposting them on forums etc.

Thanks,
    WM
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Interesting read and awesome pics.

Cheers WM

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    Unlike most pics posted in the forums, these are unique pictures taken by a professional photographer. Attending and covering these events is an expensive business, especially considering the top notch equipment used to shoot these cars. There is one higher res 917 K available in the wallpaper section. If you really want high res version of these images you can purchase them for $10 each for personal use only, so no reposting them on forums etc.

Thanks,
    WM
    I didint know that, their pretty nice pictures and the article was very enjoyable also.

i would consider buying one or 2 if they marked some sort of historic moment. but then they would not go around for 10$.it would make a nice frame to hang in a room or Bar. but for id only use them as bakgrounds. The hideout's magnificent pictures are more than my POS computer deserves allready?
    Last edited by ZeTurbo; 10-29-2005 at 03:39 PM.
    GO HABS GO!

Thread Information