Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast

Thread: What's your topspeed?

best i've done is 200 km/h (bout 125 mph I believe?) in my Pontiac Grand Prix...but on off days I've been told I can run pretty fast?
    Known originally as lithuanianmafia

215km/h the other day in the little tractor.

But the biggest sensation of speed ever was a couple of weeks ago. I was given a ride in an MK Indy (Lotus Seven replica) with a Yamaha R1. Talk about speed...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Well: When the road conditions seemed "right" to try to extract some performance from the C4, the result was a GPS verified 121mph. I'm not sure though how much more it could give with a longer stretch of road.

Surprisingly, despite being a comfort-orientated car the high-speed handling is pretty impressive. It feels rock-solid steady but you still get all of the sensations of just how fast 120mph in a car is; and more importantly just what it takes in terms of concentration and commitment to drive a car safely at that sort of speed.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

fastest i've driven is....70mph in my 1.1 citroen saxo (i haven't passed my test and my mum didn't see the speedo!) when she did she it i was told to slow down promptly!
    Can't wait till i pass to see what that bad boy can REALLY do :P
    fastest i've been driven at is around 130mph in my mates V70R 2.4 AWD in france.

This summer I was up to 180 km/h in my dad's 2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi on the 401. I was scared to go any faster but i don't know if it could even go any faster. Anyone know the top speed on these?

The fastest I've ever been driven was 240km/h in a BMW M5 with my dad's boss driving and my dad also in the car. The car was still pulling very hard when he backed off because we were running out of space. This was in Romania in 1999.

silly thread
    my US spec S14 bang the speed limiter at 115mph... with this bypassed 127mph said the meter...
    my amazon did a wopping 98 mph (158kmh? )with th b18 last year this year just last weekend with the new b20 and trans i did a 12X...the speedo does not go farther

Top Speed

I haven't tested the outer limits of speed on my Busa powered Deman SR7 (Seven Clone) but the manufacturer claims 140 mph.
    What I do know for a fact is that I can get from 0 to 60 in less than 3.5 secs.

YouTube - Building our "Busa" Deman Motorsport SR7
    Last edited by BusaLoco; 03-21-2008 at 09:59 PM. Reason: can't spell

I once beat a guy from the front door at McDonalds to the counter...I was starving....I dont know how fast I was going but I must have been really travelling. Then again I have gone flat out in a race tuned Formula Renault single seater with GJ in Staffordshire England, probably about 165MPH....but felt like Mac1!!

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    no. a VT clubsport cruises at 220 suprisingly comfortably
    Quote Originally Posted by h22a View Post
    considering we are comparing two different cars i would expect a 190kw-225kw engine to hit 220k without much trouble. Standard VT's with the 3.8 dont do 220 comfortably.
    There's a couple of boys on Youtube pressing 200kp/h in 3.8lt N/A Commodores.
    Issue is when they hit 3rd gear and want to change into top they have this issue of not wanting to, When flat out in 3rd it wont shift into 4th, So you need to back off some and let it hit 4th then go harder after a little brake.
    But with the short gears and diff gears they probably only run 210-220 anyway because of the cut-off being 5700-5900rpm and you will hit that flat out in 4th..
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden View Post
    There's a couple of boys on Youtube pressing 200kp/h in 3.8lt N/A Commodores.
    Issue is when they hit 3rd gear and want to change into top they have this issue of not wanting to, When flat out in 3rd it wont shift into 4th, So you need to back off some and let it hit 4th then go harder after a little brake.
    But with the short gears and diff gears they probably only run 210-220 anyway because of the cut-off being 5700-5900rpm and you will hit that flat out in 4th..
    You're exactly right Slick about them holding 3rd unless you ease up. Back in the late 1980s I discovered that little trick in a VN V6 auto rental and saw a sustained 215 km/h (indicated) which at that speed was definitely fast but not exactly comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    You're exactly right Slick about them holding 3rd unless you ease up. Back in the late 1980s I discovered that little trick in a VN V6 auto rental and saw a sustained 215 km/h (indicated) which at that speed was definitely fast but not exactly comfortable
    Vns wernt comfterble at 60 let alone 200.

I rember how dissapointed my friends where when their VS v8 commadore topped out at 185 and then they got overtaken by another friend In and EB xr6 which powered up to 220 km/h (claimed) and Id almost beleive it too all considering how quickly he moved away.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Best I've done is 126 in a Dodge Ram with a Cummins, best my own vehicle can do is 102.

Yesterday I was in the car with my dad in the VR4. we saw 120mph then we decided to back off.

220km/h in a BMW 335i Coupé (in a race track, that is).
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    220km/h in a BMW 335i Coupé (in a race track, that is).
    When and where?

Thread Information