Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What modern movies are destined to be come classics?

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    Million Dollar Baby
    Thats such a great movie.
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION!!!!!!!! definitely........... greatest movie of all time.....

others are:

Office Space
    Napoleon Dynamite
    (both cult classics)

Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
    Snatch
    The Big Lebowski (or anything by the Coen brothers...)

Forrest Gump is already a classic i think.......

btw... War of the Worlds was the worst movie ive seen this year, and possibly the worst in a long long time.

Possibly second to Whale Rider(ok idea. really bad execution), that sucked too...
    "Please, just stop blabbering! If you want to blabber...go to supercars.net cause UCP aint gonna accept this kind of behaviour." - Gtek-i

http://junaman.wordpress.com/ New articles up.

classics hmm, i think alot of people here are mixing CULT and CLASSIC into one category, which is not a good thing to do. A classic has terrific performances, plot, directing, production and what not. Whereas a cult movie has that punch that hits you, it may be shit in places, cheap, and have some bad acting, but the issues presented, or the ways they are presented to the viewer, through, either visual, or audio or what not, are really hit home and it gives an overwhelming response from the viewer. If there was ever one movie that is both a cult movie and classic, it would be Easy Rider, and i am bold enough to say, that if you diss this movie, you are indeed an assholes.

Classics then?

The proposition
    Wedding Crashers, cmon we all loved it
    Sin City
    Wallace and Gromit, a testimony to animation, the men who made this movie should be feckin worshipped, can any1 say oscar award?
    Snatch
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

I see cult movies as those straying from the mainstream and having a devoted following from a group of fans... not all cult movies become classics, and not all of them are good....
    Cult Classics would be those that have become classic within those groups, while mainstream classics are those that are loved by many people worldwide......
    "Please, just stop blabbering! If you want to blabber...go to supercars.net cause UCP aint gonna accept this kind of behaviour." - Gtek-i

http://junaman.wordpress.com/ New articles up.

Thread Information