Attached Images Attached Images
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Thumbs up

GTS the name lives on
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    The GTS lives and I want one NOW!

i was expecting more from the VY2 GTS than what was delivered, but HSV are under no real pressure from FPV to deliver a better product at this moment, although i believe Dick Johnson currently holds more orders for his HP320 than HSV do for the HSV GTS Coupe and Sedan
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    i was expecting more from the VY2 GTS than what was delivered, but HSV are under no real pressure from FPV to deliver a better product at this moment, although i believe Dick Johnson currently holds more orders for his HP320 than HSV do for the HSV GTS Coupe and Sedan
    What was it you would like?

a cheaper price or more power for starters. near 100K is alot to ask for an australian car, albeit one thats only 0.2 seconds quicker than its 60K sibbling. alot of the pre MMS rumours were that it was going to be AWD, 320kw 6.0L, fully adjustable race suspension etc.....the package is still good at that but alot of these rumours have dulled the affect, as well as the effort put into lesser HSV models at a much less asking price
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    a cheaper price or more power for starters. near 100K is alot to ask for an australian car, albeit one thats only 0.2 seconds quicker than its 60K sibbling. alot of the pre MMS rumours were that it was going to be AWD, 320kw 6.0L, fully adjustable race suspension etc.....the package is still good at that but alot of these rumours have dulled the affect, as well as the effort put into lesser HSV models at a much less asking price
    The LS1 has all but run its race so there is little chance of point working too hard to wring more power from it. There is clearly demand but I imagine even HSV realises the R8 is better value. The suspension is fairly trick , check the website, other than that people with the funds will pay the money for the uber HSV. The DJR competition is still a bit of an unknown quantity and despite the extra power, is it any quicker or better in the handling dept?

well thats what i thought about the LS-1 as well, but people come back from that in saying CSV have easily found more power, but i dunno if they use the LS-1 or have some LS-6 models. if they increased capacity to around 6.0L there would be more power there, and im sure theres something to be found in the exhaust, but very little at that.

well noones really driven the HP320 hard in a test and recorded figures. wheels said it felt faster than an XR6T but also alot heavier, but with the holden VS ford nationals leading up to the Clipsal 500 and the 3 day ford vs holden events, brock and johnson are keeping toe to toe despite brocks monaro packing a 500hp punch
    I am the Stig

Thread Information