Thread: TVR vs Noble

TVR vs Noble

Ok, so last time the Ferrari 360 stradale won over the Lambo Gallardo, both nice exotic cars.But lets bring the competition closer to home ( for those of us that live in the UK,which is probably few).
    TVR Cerbera vs Noble M12 GTO. Both British cars, both roughly the same cost when new, £47,000 ,but both different stats.
    TVR Cerbera - V12 engine, with 48 valves, 800bhp and 0-60 in roughly 3.1
    Noble M12 -V6, 24 valves, 310 bhp, 0-60 in 3.9.
    Just by looking at those figures,most of you will probably go for the tvr. But as with all cars, everyone will have a different opinion. i know alot of people that prefer the looks of the M12 over cerbera, but overall-what would you take?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would take the Noble, don't know why.
    I do however know the bloke that does the interior trim panels for them, he did my Libra. For every car he does Noble give him a bit of a GTO so he can bulid one himself!
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

The picture of the tvr is a cerbera 12, that goes over 200mph.
    but between the TreVoR and the Noble, probally the noble, the tvr's getting old and on top gear (BBC), JC really likes it so that must be good.

Yes and this cerbera costs 47000 pounds . nice joke . Only cerbera speed twelve have 800hp and it cost over 180000pounds. i think you must place in this competition ( sorry for my english im from poland ) tuscan S .it have 300hp and 3.8 to 100km\h and V6 engine

You've got your Cerberas mixed up. The £47,000 is the 4.5 litre V8 powered model, which is the fastest Cerbera that ever went into production (only one Speed 12 model is currently on the roads and is far too savage a beast for anyone to actually consider owning it!). With all the options boxes ticked the latest Cerbie has 440bhp and will hit 60 in 3.9 seconds and 100mph in 9 secs. Also the latest Noble packs 352bhp with a bigger 3litre V6, 310bhp was the original 2.5 model.

As a comparison to Noble's current flagship model the Cerbera falls well short of the mark I'm afraid. It does look sensational inside and out, and is stunning in a straight line. However, the chassis falls well behind the current sportscar competition. If you want to use the whole Top Gear test track comparison thing, the M12 set a time somewhere in the 1min 25seconds, whereas the Cerbie was a fraction over 1min 30secs.

If you mean TVR vs Noble in a wider sense then it's a slightly different ballgame. The T350C is currently the best car TVR has ever made and it too is one hell of a looker (with epic handling to boot, 1min 27secs on Top Gear if interested), and next to the Noble it wins on price and practicality, though perhaps not build quality.

My vote still goes to the Noble at the moment, but I might have to reconsider when the Sagaris and Typhon supercar are unleashed by TVR in the near future!

Quote Originally Posted by UK CARS
    but between the TreVoR and the Noble, probally the noble, the tvr's getting old and on top gear (BBC), JC really likes it so that must be good.

Mate, what Jeremy Clarkson says is not necessarily the truth. His reputation is based on his acerbic wit and his small minded wilfully controversial conservative views on things. He is a motoring journalist who openly admits to not having a clue about how cars work and admits to not being a particularly good driver, with no kind of racing experience or background. It worries me that this fuzzy haired buffoon seems to be viewed as a spokesperson for the British motoring press by the public in the UK. I for one am tired of his stupid analogies and his basic 'wrongness' about most things, just because he occasionally cracks a funny joke about cars does not mean he knows what he's talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by jameswithington
    tired of his stupid analogies and his basic 'wrongness' about most things, just because he occasionally cracks a funny joke about cars does not mean he knows what he's talking about!
    Funny, that's the precise thing that endears me to his items.
    He's not pretentious, but has lots of fun.
    For me he's the Murray Walker of TV car shows.
    That's got to be worth something in entertainment and sometimes it's easy to forget that that is what all modern TV shows are.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Funny, that's the precise thing that endears me to his items.
    He's not pretentious, but has lots of fun.
    For me he's the Murray Walker of TV car shows.
    That's got to be worth something in entertainment and sometimes it's easy to forget that that is what all modern TV shows are.

I'm not denying that JC is a funny guy, and his Top Gear TV show is one of the best shows currently on TV. What nags me about it is that people seem to take his opinions as being some kind of gospel truth (which I suppose is not really his fault). The man is an entertainer, not some kind fountain of knowledge and truth!

It's more his magazine and newspaper articles that annoy me rather than the TV show. He can't seem to go more than a paragraph without either making a pointless analogy or droning on and on about himself!

Quote Originally Posted by jameswithington
    It's more his magazine and newspaper articles that annoy me rather than the TV show. He can't seem to go more than a paragraph without either making a pointless analogy or droning on and on about himself!
    Good point James.
    I stopped paying attention to his articles a long time ago.
    They're the 'humour' pages of the Car mag world.

i know more about TVR than any of you!!!!!
    my dad works there and even i sometimes help out!!!!!!!
    a new cerbera speed12 is coming out!!!!!
    it goes 210mph

[QUOTE=jameswithington]You've got your Cerberas mixed up. The £47,000 is the 4.5 litre V8 powered model, which is the fastest Cerbera that ever went into production (only one Speed 12 model is currently on the roads and is far too savage a beast for anyone to actually consider owning it!). With all the options boxes ticked the latest Cerbie has 440bhp and will hit 60 in 3.9 seconds and 100mph in 9 secs. Also the latest Noble packs 352bhp with a bigger 3litre V6, 310bhp was the original 2.5 model.

As a comparison to Noble's current flagship model the Cerbera falls well short of the mark I'm afraid. It does look sensational inside and out, and is stunning in a straight line. However, the chassis falls well behind the current sportscar competition. If you want to use the whole Top Gear test track comparison thing, the M12 set a time somewhere in the 1min 25seconds, whereas the Cerbie was a fraction over 1min 30secs.

If you mean TVR vs Noble in a wider sense then it's a slightly different ballgame. The T350C is currently the best car TVR has ever made and it too is one hell of a looker (with epic handling to boot, 1min 27secs on Top Gear if interested), and next to the Noble it wins on price and practicality, though perhaps not build quality.

thanks BUt the most succesful TVR was the tuscan
    i should no my dada and i work there
    yes i work for TVR!!!
    i make them
    i am rich

Thread Information