Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Richard Burns dies today

Yeah I heared on the sportnews this morning... It really shocked me! It knew he was really sick, but I never knew it was this bad.

May he rest in peace and all the best to his family. I hope they have had a good farewell.

BTW, Matra: you have a strong point there...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

RIP Richard Burns, can't believe it..I read it on ITV teletext and was shocked. Best, who bought his illness upon himself with all that drinking gets headline news, when someone so young and talented gets cut down in his prime is not even on the BBC teletext news...shameful.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

RIP Burns and Morita, I'm watching Karate Kid at the moment...
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    So far, this month, 79 service men and women have died in Iraq
    Numerous people across the globe.
    THousadns died of poverty and malnutrition

Sportsmen are a loss we all feel and those taken by illness, whether self-induced or otherwise is sad, BUT we should keep it in context !!
    Note I addressed the same point in post 25

I know that sportsmen aren't the only people we should feel sad for but in 29 I was just talking about another one dying, not that we should avoid any others.

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    Note I addressed the same point in post 25

I know that sportsmen aren't the only people we should feel sad for but in 29 I was just talking about another one dying, not that we should avoid any others.
    Point taken, tho' even in #25 you went a little extreme with the "blackest year"
    The 1919 Flu Pandemic killed between 20 and 40 MILLION

and then of course there was Abel's death. THAT wiped out 1/4 of the universe population
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

shit , hadn't heard something about him for he left rally , RIP

Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

I was truly saddened to hear of RB's passing this morning. The death of a young guy in his prime is always sad - one whose life was followed week-in, week-out by the public is always that little bit more emotional. Sure, there are many larger tragedies in the world, as Matra rightly points out, but that shouldn't stop everyone taking a moment to think about Richard Burns and his family.

Made me log back on to UCP after several months, despite being in the midst of doing up my first house...
    Not UCP's only Crystal Palace fan!!

RIP Richard Burns.

Terrible news, that's left me with a sinking feeling and wondering how I never heard about it sooner.

I always enjoyed watching him rally and it seems so wrong that the guy died at only 34 years old.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Point taken, tho' even in #25 you went a little extreme with the "blackest year"
    The 1919 Flu Pandemic killed between 20 and 40 MILLION
    Yes but the 1919 Pandemic was natural caused!
    What I earlly meant was that it was the blackest year because mostly all deaths were caused by other humans - eg the war, Tsunami and Hurricane's caused by global warming (from what I've heard) and such

and then of course there was Abel's death. THAT wiped out 1/4 of the universe population
    No you're forgetting the sheep

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    Exactly four years after his World Championship Title... Very sad news, I also didn't knew that his illness was that bad...

RB, we will never forget you!

The rally-sport lost two of the really great sportsmen this year and a great national Rally-series, too (no more German Championship in 2006). Black year in Rallysport-history
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Wow thats really a shock. He was a great driver and he will be missed. When i was in New Zealand for the rally,i was fortunate enough to meet him twice. And he signed my Subaru poster
    RIP Burnsie.
    Daft Punk is the bomb diggity

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    Yes but the 1919 Pandemic was natural caused!
    What I earlly meant was that it was the blackest year because mostly all deaths were caused by other humans - eg the war, Tsunami and Hurricane's caused by global warming (from what I've heard) and such.
    The Tsunami was caused by a sub-Indian Ocean earthquake, nothing to do with any human fault.

Also it is a matter of some debate whether hurricane Katrina and the like are a consequence of global warming, it was definitely a tragic natural disaster and unfair to try and apportion blame.

Back on topic, it was a great shock and very sad to hear the news of Burns' passing. He was a great talent and seemed like a top bloke. Condolences to his family and friends. Rest in Peace.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Rest in Peace Richard. My condolences to his family and friends. This is a sad year for the rally community.

Thread Information