Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Xbox360 vs. PS3

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    PS2 sold because of it's image. To people not into consoles a console was a play station. ...and it just kept rolling like a snowball, little Johnnie tried little Timmy's play station and just had to get himself one as well. etc etc

About the online; practically no one I know cared about hooking their PS online and those who did only kept talking about how much the system sucked. Xbox Live on the other hand worked. It was and is online console gaming at it's best and if you have the time to play it's worth every cent.

You haven't tried Live I see? Project Gotham Racing 2 was one of the best XBL games of the old Xbox and it was Bizarre Creation's solution to charge for the content downloads as in new cars (you'd get one free sample from the updates) and new tracks. But other software and feature updates were free. Bungie (Halo) took another approach, all updates were free except the new maps. When these maps were released you could buy them for a few bucks a package OR wait for a certain date (a few weeks - 2 months in the future) to dowload them ALL FOR FREE. These were the only games of the first Xbox that I recall that charged for the updates. But you must keep in mind they were two of the best and most played LIVE games as well. The game studios had to work their butts off to provide excellent new content to the hungry audience that would play them for years to come, AND STILL WILL for MANY MORE! A friend of mine just switched back from the new 360 games to play good 'ol Halo 2 online today!
    Here we go again, people like you are willing to write essays to judge others' opinions just to show whatever's better. In the end it's all personal preference, I might just take the Wii over both of those. But I prefer PC as it's technologies is getting much closer to showcase realism.

If you like the X360 more, then good for you, I don't need to be convinced that it's better, my preference isn't gonna change.

We should just leave these console war threads alone until PS3 comes out so that you guys can see the actual winner of the war. Just don't feel left behind when PC takes it to the next-next-gen in a few months.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

ok, let me settle this right now

Crysis > anything from 360 and PS3

nuff' said, those gameplay video's really had me in awe, its one game I can see myself playing - yes, even the single player campaign even though I hate doing them in ANY game.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    Here we go again, people like you are willing to write essays to judge others' opinions just to show whatever's better. In the end it's all personal preference, I might just take the Wii over both of those. But I prefer PC as it's technologies is getting much closer to showcase realism.

If you like the X360 more, then good for you, I don't need to be convinced that it's better, my preference isn't gonna change.

We should just leave these console war threads alone until PS3 comes out so that you guys can see the actual winner of the war. Just don't feel left behind when PC takes it to the next-next-gen in a few months.
    My Reply

I wasn't trying to change your opinion, I'm sorry if it came across that way. That's why I didn't go into matters of opinions as if a PS or a XB game is more fun to play online etc etc... Still a widely agreed opinion/fact is that Xbox Live was a superior system to the PS2 online mode. That's why I felt like I had to reply when you said the Playstation sold more because of its online based on your half-accurate assumptions on the costs of XBL. I wasn't trying to "sell" the 360 to you or anyone else, just wanted to get these things straight.

When the Wii and PS3 are released I just might switch to one of them aswell and I agree that a PC is superior to a console in many ways when it comes to gaming and will probably always be the first platform for "next gen" gaming. But that's beside the point now isn't it? And we've never been beside the point before, EVER.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Thread Information