Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Renault-Alpine A610 Turbo vs HONDA S 2000

Attractive car! Respectable power, Perfect for track use and even better for day to day driving. Pull's the hoe's and turns heads..... I'll take the high reving little basterd. ^___^;

237HP @7800
    162ft @6800
    RedLine @ 8000
    16-Valve DOHC VTEC
    Curb Weight: 2855

I'd take the A610

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    Nice! Never thought it was a slouch.

Watch this S2000 challenge. It's in Japanese but the cars rev the same.
    And the Honda I4 is not invincible as many suspect.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...830840&q=s2000

Play with the size some are quality enough to make bigger.
    JEESUS, Perf, theese are HEAVILY modded cars, striped interiors etc.

Just for the record the Alpine is driven to the track to race and has all the interior in place and standard road wheels and transmission. The engine mods are limited too, so he's only about 30 above stock.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I'd rather drive the Alpine.
    I'd rather own the S2000.
    On a Good day, Chris Bangle designs the Fiat Coupe.
    On a Bad day, he designs a BMW.

R.I.P Richard Burns.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    JEESUS, Perf, theese are HEAVILY modded cars, striped interiors etc.

Just for the record the Alpine is driven to the track to race and has all the interior in place and standard road wheels and transmission. The engine mods are limited too, so he's only about 30 above stock.
    I think the S2000 has a higher potential but that's just a based on watching modified S2000s. I don't know what an Alpine is capable of if it was equally race prepped. Stock cars, I suspect it would come down to the track, speedier tracks favoring the GTA and twistier the S2K.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

I think the S2000 has a higher potential but that's just a based on watching modified S2000s. I don't know what an Alpine is capable of if it was equally race prepped.
    13th overall and 5th in class at Le Mans in 1994 enough for you ??
    Stock cars, I suspect it would come down to the track, speedier tracks favoring the GTA and twistier the S2K.
    Actually the A610 gets MUCH better traction out of the twisties than the S2000 and why it got a bit untidy trying to keep up at Knockhill circuit when we had both out. As noted earlier, it was the two corners on the track which are on brows where the S200 was far superior.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

^^I can see how a properly prepped mid-engined car would be kick ass.

I can't find the article where I read about the Project Nutter S2000, a superior handler.

I can't find the article where I read about the Project Nutter S2000, a superior handler.
    If they get the performance to qualify for Le Mans we'd be able to tell.
    They won't

Wow. People are choosing the 2000? Over the 610? I think the only comparison between the two should be; Which number with a lettered prefix do you prefer?
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

If they get the performance to qualify for Le Mans we'd be able to tell.
    They won't
    Probably not.

Any two cars can be compared Elise vs. Maybach how, about Dusenberg vs. the 2008 Ford Focus? The GTA has a 3.0 turbocharged V6, whereas the S2000 has a N/A 2.2 liter I4. The only place the Honda can compete is in the corners. btw, what's the price of the GTA, isn't it more 911 territory?
    Last edited by PerfAdv; 12-08-2005 at 06:32 PM.

^^I can see how a properly prepped mid-engined car would be kick ass.

"Project nutter" was a superior handler, but it was definitely not an S2000 - It was a Westfield with an S2000's engine

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    "Project nutter" was a superior handler, but it was definitely not an S2000 - It was a Westfield with an S2000's engine
    Searching after my post revealed that. I still wasn't sure what that car was, so I left it for your(someones) reply. Thanks.

Probably not.

Any two cars can be compared Elise vs. Maybach how, about Dusenberg vs. the 2008 Ford Focus? The GTA has a 3.0 turbocharged V6, whereas the S2000 has a N/A 2.2 liter I4. The only place the Honda can compete is in the corners. btw, what's the price of the GTA, isn't it more 911 territory?
    I think he chose them because their powers are similar.
    HOW you get the power in a STOCK car is irrelevant.

just as pulling heavily modded cars is to. The Le Mans A610 for example was a special one-off chassis produced for the event. MUCH lighter and with MUCH MUCH larger rear engine compartment to make working on it easier and to try to cool it. That's why keeping it "stock" is best. Personally having driven both on road and track, I'd NOT like to have to make the choice

Yes when the A610 was launched in 91 it was a £45K car ( at the end it was around for £35K new ). Performance exceeded the (11 BUT it had the wrong badge for the price as Renault insisted in saying it was a RENAULT !!!!

... I'd NOT like to have to make the choice

Yes when the A610 was launched in 91 it was a £45K car ( at the end it was around for £35K new ). Performance exceeded the (11 BUT it had the wrong badge for the price as Renault insisted in saying it was a RENAULT !!!!
    Yeh, I wouldn't want to make the choice either. Both nice cars, very different equations for fun and speed.

As for the A610's badge failure, it most recently happened to the Phaeton. Great car wrong badge, atleast wrong price for badge.

Probably not.

Must be US version S2000 the european only has a 2.0. Anyway I'd go for the alpine because it's pretty rare here. I dont even think I've ever saw one in real life :P

Thread Information