Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Renault-Alpine A610 Turbo vs HONDA S 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Actually the A610 gets MUCH better traction out of the twisties than the S2000 and why it got a bit untidy trying to keep up at Knockhill circuit when we had both out.
    I supose that must be true. THe S2000 must be a hugely fun car, but it's not a perfect balanced one and not an easy one to drive fast. I've recently been at a wet track day, and the S2000's just couldn't go fast with the wet conditions. They are natural oversteering cars and that makes them too tricky on extreme driving. One of the S2000 ended the day with a twisted rear axle, because it spun too fast and ended up against the wall.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by quattro_20v
    Must be US version S2000 the european only has a 2.0. Anyway I'd go for the alpine because it's pretty rare here. I dont even think I've ever saw one in real life :P
    The S2000 started with a 2.0 and then for the 2004 model year it got a slight displacement increase. The 2.2 liter motor has a lower redline by 1,000 RPM but its power remained the same, now available at a lower engine speeds. Testing shows the new car is slightly quicker.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Between those two, I'd probably get the S2000, but if you change the A610 to A110, Screw the honda!!

Despite it's pros, I really don't like the way that A610 looks. Normally I don't mind if a car isn't the prettiest car out there, but this one just puts me off.

But like I said, an A110, man.. Those are bloody nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Radoman
    Despite it's pros, I really don't like the way that A610 looks. Normally I don't mind if a car isn't the prettiest car out there, but this one just puts me off.
    It's the long front and rear overhangs.
    I know exactly what you mean, in pcitures it always looks "odd".
    In real life where you are always above the centreline of the car it's not as noticable.
    It was necessary to get the low Cd the aero stability and the weight balance.

The new European NCAP pedestrian safety rules are going to make the long front overhang normal in all street cars and by that time nobody will see anything "odd" in the A610 front
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    It's the long front and rear overhangs.
    I know exactly what you mean, in pcitures it always looks "odd".
    In real life where you are always above the centreline of the car it's not as noticable.
    It was necessary to get the low Cd the aero stability and the weight balance.

The new European NCAP pedestrian safety rules are going to make the long front overhang normal in all street cars and by that time nobody will see anything "odd" in the A610 front
    I don't see anything odd right now.

Thread Information