Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: If you hated Speed TV before

"NO RIGHT TURNIN!!!!" - says the father of 10 before sitting to view the race in is trailer...
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

I'm a fan of all kinds of racing, but not rabid about any 1 in particular. I watch what happens to be on when i happen to be watching TV. That said, when i saw there was 4 (FOUR), count them, 4 (FOUR) hours of PRE-RACE before the last race of the season on SPEED CHANNEL i thought maybe, just maybe, that was overkill.

I agree 4 hours of pre-race is overkill, for ANY race. I'm just glad that since the season is over i get to watch more SCCA (had a good scca race on the other day...real grassroots stuff, guys running whatever they had. Old BMW's, Alfas, Lotuses, Miatas....) WRC, Speed world challenge, and other things. I like Nascar and i watch the races, but it's not the only game in town. Truth be told i'm addicted to NHRA and IHRA Drag Racing.
    Cougar. Impala. Road Runner. Mustang. Barracuda. Marlin. Cobra. Wildcat. Falcon. Hornet. Tiger. Jaguar. Colt. Bronco. Viper. Bagheera. Gremlin. Stingray. Firebird. Pinto. Thunderbird. Eagle. Skylark.

Protect the Wildlife. Don't crush them, restore them.

*sigh*

Alright, Nascar helps pay the bills because it's exciting to the average sportsfan. Many cars screaming around an oval crashing into each other with a high chance of having someone win that did not win the previous race.

So? It's still incredibly boring to many an enthusiast, myself included. It's one thing to have Nascar on Speedvision (that's what it's called up here), but having all day and everyday practically DEDICATED oval-based stock car racing airing is completely retarded. I tried getting into it, I really did. But it's just so abysmally boring. Only when you're actually there at your local grassroots track downing beers with your buddies watching the amateurs rip around in old junkers is it "fun". Watching it on TV, just... no.

No offense to Nascar fans, but this is simply overkill.

Also, when they do the "driver of the year" thingy, they have the gall to include the NHRA (drag racing) guys. Remind me how a guy that stomps on the gas and holds on for dear life* for a few seconds qualifies as a candidate for "driver of the year"?

*Yes, I know there's a bit more to it, but think about it: how hard is it really to go drag racing? A short burst of speed is just that; a short burst of speed.

The SpeedTV driver of the year thing is bullshit because it's mostly nascar drivers

Didn't see this anywhere on here...

SpeedTV (formerly Speedvision) petition to increase broadcast of non-NASCAR related programming (WRC, F1, Motorcylce):

http://www.petitiononline.com/SpdTV/petition.html

Thread Information