Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If you hated Speed TV before

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I like NASCAR; therefore, you all suck.
    Please tell me you are being sarcastic. UCP has enough Nascar fans already.

To see real racing we'll be forced to get TIVO and record what they put one between 2 and 4am that day of the month.

NASCAR is about advertising and what made it a success in the donut makes it success on the tube. When FoxSports took over SpeedTV they brought with them Nascar, and now with the required increase the revenue economics Nascar is becoming more prevalent.

NASCAR simply sucks. The cars are covered in adds, like some high speed billboards. People watch it for the crashes, same way people rubber neck at accidents, out of morbid curiosity. Racing next to a wall a 100% of the time is pure stupidity. It's the automotive equivalent of a roulette wheel.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

I want Sky Satellite TV service to become available in the US

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    Please tell me you are being sarcastic. UCP has enough Nascar fans already.
    Nah, I enjoy watching it. The key to it is to choose a driver and follow him throughout the season. Sure, it gets boring, but the element of change/surprise is always there, seeing as a driver can gain/lose 5 positions in one to two laps. On the other hand, I like Formula 1, WRC, etc. a bit more than NASCAR.

I love an hate Speed TV, I love it because it is the only means I have for F1 (Aside from the maybe 3 a season that CBS broadcasts) and WRC. I hate it though because 90% of the time its some lame NASCAR stuff. Now that looks to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    You're lucky, in Britain we get the F1 an hour of rallying a month and Touring cars when the rallying and F1 aren't on. There was no mention of Le Mans on any of the channels this year. I wish we had a motor racing channel.
    Sky - Motors TV -- thank you French television producers
    Sky/Cable - Men&Motors -- in between the naked women shows there are are plenty of car shows. Some of them are even quite good
    Sky SPorts is there for the important stuff.
    BTCC coverage has been good again this year - was it ITV/Ch4 ??
    One fo the channels has had all the Porsche Cup and support races - I think ITV again.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

The thing that annoys me the most is that they will cover NASCAR practice, NASCAR bathrooms, NASCAR drivers leftovers ect and will quit covering a ALMS race like Sebring or the 24 hours of lemans to show practice like it really means anything at all

Quote Originally Posted by Vindesh17
    this sucks more, I hope that when F1 starts next season they wont cut coverage to show this nascar shit.
    don't worry that won't happen.......F1 races are early morning, doesn't fight with their time slot....

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac
    don't worry that won't happen.......F1 races are early morning, doesn't fight with their time slot....
    ya never know, they could start showing shows like

NASCAR bedrooms
    NASCAR drivers at IHOP
    NASCAR drivers PJ's
    NASCAR drivers alarm clocks

their attempt to become bigger than the NFL has really turned NASCAR to crap. The people who they are trying to appeal to will lose interest like they always do and NASCAR will lose a ton of money, i personally cant wait

Quote Originally Posted by CSL
    ya never know, they could start showing shows like

NASCAR bedrooms
    NASCAR drivers at IHOP
    NASCAR drivers PJ's
    NASCAR drivers alarm clocks

their attempt to become bigger than the NFL has really turned NASCAR to crap. The people who they are trying to appeal to will lose interest like they always do and NASCAR will lose a ton of money, i personally cant wait
    I wanted to put smileys and even a "big grin" but the sad reality is that this will most likely happen. Be prepared to find out intimate details about the boys of NASCAR

If it wasn't for the F1 coverage I'd cancel my upgraded cable service with SPEED TV.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

This sucks! Almost every time I turn on Speed right now there's just NASCAR this and NASCAR that. We need less NASCAR and more road racing. At least if nothing good is one I can turn to Fox Soccer Channel and check out how Celtic is doing.

Don't be pissed that NASCAR is the most popular spectator sport going. The real question is how can you not like it.
    "There is no doubt about when people began racing automobiles. It was the day they made the second one." - Richard Petty

All Throttle, No Bottle

Quote Originally Posted by SolidStradale
    Don't be pissed that NASCAR is the most popular spectator sport going. The real question is how can you not like it.
    i used to love it, collected thousands of dollars in diecast cars and all. NASCAR died for me for a number of reasons.

1, i took a liking again to the sports and teams i loved when i was a kid (Bears, Cubs, football, baseball)

2, Races are so mind numbingly boring, the first 10 laps are awesome but it gets old fast and then you are just stuck next to sweaty drunk men and ratty ass women. Getting out of the race track is nowhere near worth the trouble of going.

3, NASCAR ruined the sport with the "chase". NASCAR thinks it can compete with the NFL which it cant, especially in big cities with football teams. The superbowl will ALWAYS blow the Daytona 500 away. NASCAR wants to be everything to everyone. they wanted younger viewers, AKA the viewers who get bored very quickly and left the core fans who have always been there out to dry. Jeff Gordon was the 2004 champion, Kurt Busch didnt deserve it.
    4, NASCAR is nothing like what it was back when Earnhardt, Waltrip, Wallace (al when younger) were racing.

5, there are much better Auto racing series, ALMS, and NHRA, ect ect ect all provide much better fan experiences than NASCAR

It can get boring some times, thats when you change the channel or go get some food. Maybe you should of saved your money and got sky box seats, because nobody likes sitting next to sweaty drunk men and ratty ass women.
    "There is no doubt about when people began racing automobiles. It was the day they made the second one." - Richard Petty

All Throttle, No Bottle

Thread Information