Thread: Super Aguri gets "ok" from all ten teams

Super Aguri gets "ok" from all ten teams

The Super Aguri F1 team looks almost certain to take part in the 2006 FIA Formula One World Championship following confirmation Wednesday that all of the current teams in F1 have accepted their entry.

A statement from Super Aguri explained that all that remains now is for them to apply to the FIA - the sports governing body, to complete their application.

"I am very happy to be able to announce that all ten F1 teams have approved our late entry to the Formula One World Championship today," said team boss, Aguri Suzuki. "I would like to thank all of the teams for approving our late entry and assure them that the Super Aguri F1 team will co-operate and do our best to reach your expectations. We appreciate your support and we will not let you down."

Super Aguri ended up requiring the unanimous agreement of the ten other teams in F1 to compete next year, after they failed to lodge a $48 million bond before the November deadline.

Despite the uncertainty surrounding the project though the team has continued to push ahead, working around the clock to ensure it makes the Bahrain Grand Prix deadline, the opening round of the 2006 championship.

Super Aguri, which will conduct its operations from Leafield - the former base for the Arrows team, is understood to be readying updated versions of the 2002 Arrows chassis previously owned by Paul Stoddart and Minardi. Super Aguri is expected to field the reworked, but most likely uncompetitive, machines for the three flyaway races that open the campaign, before introducing its own bespoke chassis for Imola and beyond.

"I am very proud to be part of the new Super Aguri F1 team," concluded managing director, Daniel Audetto. "We are looking forward to joining the F1 grid for 2006 in Bahrain and to becoming increasingly competitive as the season progresses. Of course we do not expect to be on the pace straight away; we will use the first GP's to train the team before our definitive car reaches the track."

It was expexted to happen by many people.
    What surprises me is the fact that MF1 have agreed to let them compete. I guess it was done under pressure by other teams/entities. But why would MF1 give in to those pressures?
    Anyone have an explanation please?

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight
    It was expexted to happen by many people.
    What surprises me is the fact that MF1 have agreed to let them compete. I guess it was done under pressure by other teams/entities. But why would MF1 give in to those pressures?
    Anyone have an explanation please?
    Well to be honest I was a little confused as to why MF1 were against it in the first place. Super Aguri are gonna be a million miles off the pace in 2006 and are virtually guaranteed last place in the WCC. With Minardi becoming STR and no doubt moving up the grid Super Aguri are Midland's one and only chance of NOT picking up the wooden spoon. I guess in the long term with the backing of Honda Super Aguri will become more of a threat, but for the next season at least they'll be hopeless.

It is strongly rumoured that Bernie Ecclestone got involved in the negotiations. It's believed that Super Aguri have indicated to Bernie that they'll sign his new Concorde Agreement for 2008 so he was desperate for them to get the green light to hold more cards against the GPMA manufacturers. Also it is thought that Midland are in Bernie's camp too, so it would be in their interests to have another independent team in the mix with them. Or at least that's what Bernie would've told them anyway!
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

The more the marrier....22 cars on the grid and you can't argue with that...

Super Aguri........interesting name. Honda V8's and Bridgestones
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

FIA: Super Aguri's entry accepted

The 2006 season will have eleven teams competing on track. Super Aguri received a positive reply on its entry in Formula One. Aguri was able to pay the deposit of $ 48 million and thus we will see 22 cars at the grid in Bahrain for the first time since Arrows went backrupt in 2002.

A FIA statement on Thursday said: Following receipt of the necessary financial guarantee and with the unanimous support of the competing teams, the FIA has accepted the late entry of the Super Aguri F1 team to the 2006 FIA Formula One world championship.

Team founder Aguri Suzuki was over the moon with the news. "I am thankful for the support we received from all of the other F1 teams and we look forward to seeing them soon," he said. "Our team members are doing their best to make sure that we are on the grid in Bahrain -- and I am confident that we will make it."
    Although they are renting a fabrication facility so that leaves them in a bit of a twist for the long haul....but better rented than none.

I'm excited. Perhaps we finally get a fun-to-watch F1 season after all...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

I will be stunned if they make it to Bahrain, and even more if they manage to qualify ahead of any other car.

Kudos to Aguri Suzuki for being so determinated; hope them the best...
    Zag when they Zig

i doubt they'll have much pace at all..running 4yr old arrows cars doesnt bode well at all. Espically since they havent tested at all. Oh Well 22 cars will be nice though.

Super Aguri will introduce their own cars at Imola. I am sure it will resemble the 2006 Honda

Thread Information